Updated with link about trip. Just want to share something I have not told anyone..

Link to trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2551021

The trip was really hard on me. I thought my legs were going to explode from swelling.

Only had one instance with a very mean woman about my ECV. She walked in front of me to try to get across before I passed. I had the ECV on the slowest speed and as she walked by she said "slow down LADY" and i said WHAT and she repeated it. i told her that she purposely walked in front of me instead of waiting for me to pass and i said TO HELL WITH YOU as she yelled at me. what a shame that people have to act like her. many many ran in front of me, it was ridiculous but i muddled thru the crowd without running in to anyone. not bad for my first time.

You get people like that all the time. I've been over there alot, and people will be people. I try not to let the others ruin my magic, and go on with my day. I can only think of 2 occasions to where I blew my top. But.....unless you're in that position to ride the scooter yourself, they will never understand, and will always try to beat you by walking in front of you. Glad you had a good time, and I commented over on your TR.

It was shocking to me that people felt the need to rush in front of me and almost get hit just to rush in front of me :confused3 It only ruined my mood for about 5 mins. As soon as I did not see their faces any longer I moved on. My daughters even said to them, "Why did you say that to my mama when you walked in front of her?" I told my kids in front of them "They are rude, that is why they did it." and that was that.

We had a great trip minus my swelling which I really though I might have to go to the ER for as I was worried about a blood clot. My feet are almost back to normal since we are home.

I have an appt. with my ortho. doctor tomorrow about where to go from here since the lubricating series of 5 shots did not help my knees. He had said he will have me do a standing x-ray to see if there is any space left which he does not think there is because there is bone rubbing against bone, you can hear it when i move my knees. If there is no space he can't go in and clean out the bone spurs and such that he saw on the laying down x-ray that does not indicate how much space there actually is. If he can't clean it out the next step is a knee replacement which I will wait on as I know it is painful and there are risks and since my daughter died in 2001 at age 15.5 months old due to a botched open-heart surgery, I am not jumping in to surgery.

Why do you think heat makes feet/knees swell?

You get people like that all the time. I've been over there alot, and people will be people. I try not to let the others ruin my magic, and go on with my day. I can only think of 2 occasions to where I blew my top. But.....unless you're in that position to ride the scooter yourself, they will never understand, and will always try to beat you by walking in front of you. Glad you had a good time, and I commented over on your TR.

Heat is brutal on swelling. My feet swell each time I go. I try to keep my feet up as much as possible, even on the scooter. I have a large back pack that I place on the deck of the scooter and then prop my feet on it. It helps some, but not fully.

that must have been what made me swell so badly as i have osteo-arthritis and lots of other issues. i wonder if there is something that is sold for scooters for people like us to put our feet up. i'll do some research on this.

Heat is brutal on swelling. My feet swell each time I go. I try to keep my feet up as much as possible, even on the scooter. I have a large back pack that I place on the deck of the scooter and then prop my feet on it. It helps some, but not fully.

That thing is cool that goes on the scooter. There's LOTS of things that can cause swelling. My DH has osteo arthritis in his right knee, just got the one synvisc shot, and it seems to be helping. He's military, and does alot of running, and physical stuff, so knees are important to him. He's had 3 surgeries to clean out the bone spurs...and only 5 years until retirement, so we just gotta hang on for a whiel longer.

This heat CAN be brutal on the body, but so can the humidity in the air. There was ALOT of that while you guys were down. I think we averaged about 75% that week. It has gone down, but it does murder to the body. Another thing can be water retention, if you have issues with that, some people do. I do, sometimes. Could have been your body, your hormones, anything. I do keep very in tune to my body, sounds like you do too, so when anything starts, swelling, hurting, etc. you gotta slow down. Especially when there are issues. I'm glad you feel better, let us know what the dr says. Most likely culprit is the heat/humidity down here LOL

sounds like your husband went thru what i am about to go thru with cleaning out my joints. did that help him at all?

i'll let you know what the ortho dr. says. he can be a jerk so i don't know what will come out of his cranky mouth tomorrow.

That thing is cool that goes on the scooter. There's LOTS of things that can cause swelling. My DH has osteo arthritis in his right knee, just got the one synvisc shot, and it seems to be helping. He's military, and does alot of running, and physical stuff, so knees are important to him. He's had 3 surgeries to clean out the bone spurs...and only 5 years until retirement, so we just gotta hang on for a whiel longer.

This heat CAN be brutal on the body, but so can the humidity in the air. There was ALOT of that while you guys were down. I think we averaged about 75% that week. It has gone down, but it does murder to the body. Another thing can be water retention, if you have issues with that, some people do. I do, sometimes. Could have been your body, your hormones, anything. I do keep very in tune to my body, sounds like you do too, so when anything starts, swelling, hurting, etc. you gotta slow down. Especially when there are issues. I'm glad you feel better, let us know what the dr says. Most likely culprit is the heat/humidity down here LOL

It seems to be helping, he's still got some pain, but not near as much as he used to have, and he says it's different. So who knows!!! I don't think those shots would work on me, cause mine is muscles, not joints, so who knows. The dr said give it 4 weeks to make sure it's really working, and I think we just hit 3 weeks, so we'll give it more time.

I hate dr's that are jerks. I go see a couple different one, and I think my favorite one is the skin cancer dr. I go see him every 6 months for a spot check, and he told me with all the sun damage I have, I'm half baked!!! LOL thought that was funny. My main dr gripes at me for my weight, for not going to the dentist, or the eye dr. She keeps right on top of me. Which I guess is good. The MDA dr, jury's not decided on him yet. He's kinda dorky, he sent me to physical therapy, which did nothing but hurt worse, but the leg braces do work. I was hoping they wouldn't and I could throw them out the window!! HAHA But, got lots of pills packed for our trip in 12 days!!! WOOOHOOOOO Just a quick weekend trip, but it'll be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter