Updated with link about trip. Just want to share something I have not told anyone..

I've never done a trip report before but I'll try. I'll post a link to it under this thread.

I happy you are going, take it easy and enjoy every moment of it. Please let us know how everything went. We are all here for you.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

:grouphug:I've used a wheelchair and a scooter several times and nobody ever said anything unkind to me. It made my trip doable and my kids loved to push the wheelchair.

YES!!! Do a trip report, if you wanna see one, I got a link to my june trip in my siggie, it's complete, so no worries there :) I can't wait for our trip next year. We're taking DH's niece, and her husband, and their 2 kids. Yep, I'm a great aunt, and I"m only 36!!! AAAH!!! HAHA They've never been, so should be fun. Going the first of october for my step daughters birthday. Should be fun too. But yea, I'll follow your trip report!!!! Would be honored!!!!

On another note, we went to Ocala, and went to a water park, it's small, so I figured it was doable. Well....I just took a hardcore pain pill, cause my back is KILLING me!! It got tweaked out on the slides, but it was fun. Not sure about you, but with me, there's a very thin line of doing just enough, and not hurting TOO bad, to doing too much and feeling like I've been run over by a truck. Yep. I skipped out on one of the bigger ones, and got a hard time from DH. He knows about my issue, he just doesn't realize how bad it is sometimes. Ah well. I hope you're having a great holiday weekend, and getting ready for your trip!! I got another disfriend that's there now, and I'm jealous!!!!

Honey, like others have said, renting a scooter not only gives you more freedom to enjoy a quality trip, but you will see and have the energy to do more than you ever could without it.

I remember going on a trip with a girlfriend and her children. (My children was there too. She kept asking me to go in half on one and we could switch off. I felt like she was just trying to be nice, and she knew that I couldn't afford one by myself. A few years later i shared with her that I appreciated her offer, but I was too embarased to use the scooter. Bless her heart, it was then that I realised what a drain I was on the trip, as everyone else didn't want to go do things without me. As much as I love WDW, there is nno way that I would ever want to prevent others from enjoying their time for even a moment.

It was hard to rent one of those scooters, till I did it. I was then so surprised at just how much I could get done, and how much I could see! What would have taken me two days to cover, I was doing it in one or less. What a change!!

I am going in Nov. with a workmate. I haven't talked to them yet about my renting a scooter. Still hung up on just telling, but I will before we go. I am mobile most times, but theme parks show my limited endurance.

As far as my pain level being activated, it is chronic 100 percent of the time, it never used to be that way, I'm just getting worse and worse.

I can't believe we are leaving this weekend. I am worried about the pain. I can't use my left arm at this time. I have a knee joint shot scheduled today.

As far as my pain level being activated, it is chronic 100 percent of the time, it never used to be that way, I'm just getting worse and worse.

I can't believe we are leaving this weekend. I am worried about the pain. I can't use my left arm at this time. I have a knee joint shot scheduled today.

I understand your issues with the chronic pain. Let me reassure you that the scooter will help a lot. Not with the pain, but with the zapping of energy. Take your pain pills with you, and use them if you need to. I take viccodin for my pain and found that if I cut it in half, I can function fine with less pain and not have that dopey, drugged feeling. Maybe you can do something like this too?

Have a good trip and remember that there is nothing like a nice soak in the hot tub after a long day at the parks! :worship:

Hope you have a great time despite the pain.

Don't know if heat helps in your situation, but a lot of people find a soak in the hot tub at the resort helps their muscles relax. That can help both with muscle and with joint pain.

you all are so sweet to me. i am on Darvocet and it really doesn't seem to work too well. I will take them and only take half of a pill.

i am worried about my joints/back being in horrific pain from sitting on the scooter for so long. i get to the point where i cannot even bend my knees without screaming in pain. i guess my husband can help me off of it and on it to let me move a bit and then get back on it.

guess what i did for us :) lol. i've never had a cool cake make for me. i used to decorate cakes but can't anylonger due to pain.

i saw the Pooh cake a woman ordered for her boyfriend on another thread BUT I can't pay 175.00 for a cake. i called Publix and they are making me a real pretty Princess cake :) It is about 54.00. They said they deliver but it is 30.00 so my husband said he will go and get it the day we are having it made :) Not fancy like the Pooh cake but it will have Vanilla Custard as the filling (yummy) and my girls will be so surprised.

We are not on the dining plan as we are off-site, so this will take care of dessert for us :) lol

I'm really worried about my health. I think my shoulder is broken. I lost my MRI slip to get it done so I'm going with my shoulder in horrific pain.

I'm going to try and not be cranky and a pain in everyone's butt due to my pain.

The place we are staying does have a hot tub. If I can get over to it, don't know if I can use the scooter to get there or not, maybe I should plan on using the hot tube everyday. What do you all think?
I really appreciate your support.

I would not worry what other people think. I would only want my kids to think(and now) that we had the greatest time spent

I know but as with all things it is harder to do then say :) I'm going to try try try to be a happy camper and not let on lookers judge me based on my weight when they don't know how bad off in pain I am in.

I just got back from getting a Surpra (knee injection, 4th one) and OMG did it hurt. Last time I got one, when I got home and got out of my mini-van I fell in to my mini-van and gave myself a concussion. Nice eh?

Also, he said if this last injection does not make a difference I go back and see him in two weeks to talk about knee replacements. YIKES.

I will write 100 times:

I AM GOING TO HAVE FUN :)

I would not worry what other people think. I would only want my kids to think(and now) that we had the greatest time spent

LOL You'll do fine. I'm in pain all the time, I take Lortabs with me, and take 2 of them at a time. I'm fine on percocets too....just don't want to take anything hard core if I don't have to, the lortabs work, just takes a bit more of them LOL Hot tub helps me. Not sure what it is that you have, not sure you said, but I have a rare type of Muscular Dystrophy. So....pain is my middle name LOL I try not to let it ruin the fun, but sometimes it does make me cranky. I wouldn't worry, and just go, and make the best of it. You are in disney, and with your family....it should be awesome, and it will be!!!

including my family.

I am handicapped and going downhill fast, my family knows this. I so pushed going on our upcoming trip even though we so can't afford it and I've saved every penny I could to go on this trip because I think it might be the last time I can do this with my kiddos. It really makes me cry as I want to be "normal" and am not. ME renting a scooter is killing me but reality is I have to have one to get around the park, otherwise, I'll just sit on a bench and wait for my DH and kiddos all day. NO FUN.

Please wish me luck as I really think this may be my last trip to Disney.

My Mother said that and then ended up learning to ride a scooter and went another 6 years with us on her scooter.. then one morning out of the clear blue sky I could not walk I was 35 and had legs like jello. found out had MS and I thought either can stay home or keep going on trips. So I rent off site and the scooter is at resort when I arrive and then the scooter company picks it up when I leave. Really would "prefer" to walk but someone upstairs had another plan for me. so it is what it is and I go anywhere I want and still see all I want to, some do stare and I think to myself just pray they are never in this situation. Have had no problem learning to get on or off a bus but we taught Mother at the grocery stores on scooters how to drive and park it. the ones you rent off site are more for your own body weight. Go and have a great time:cool1:

Maybe to help keep you a bit more mobile, you and your husband could switch places once and a while. You push the stroller and let him ride the scooter for a little bit.

Definitly try and get to the hot tub daily. Maybe even morning and night if you can. I know it makes my RSD pain feel a bit better.

that is a great idea about us switching as he has a heart problem.

it is weird that we are leaving so soon.

if anyone is there next week, look for the pooh sized mom with bleached blond hair on a scooter :rotfl:

Maybe to help keep you a bit more mobile, you and your husband could switch places once and a while. You push the stroller and let him ride the scooter for a little bit.

Definitly try and get to the hot tub daily. Maybe even morning and night if you can. I know it makes my RSD pain feel a bit better.

While I have not read the entire thread and have no idea what your disability is I want to encourage you that if you are in pain to pleaser rent a scooter or wc, do not let pride stop you. I had promised my son I would take him to WDW before his 18th birthday (2000) In 1997 I ended up in a wheelchair due to back surgery that didnt go well...I was also diagnosed with multiple brain lesions...(my doctors still argue is it MS or not MS, one says yes the other IDK) anyway in 1999 I decided to surprise my son with his trip and took him to Disney and I was still in the wheelchair at the age of 36. Was it hard for me to do , because of my pride??? You bet, but my love for him was greater and I had never broken a promise to him. A couple of years later I learned of the Guest with Disabilities pass, and thank God I eventually was able to walk again but am still not able to stand in one place for more than 5 minutes without extreme pain. If it were not for the "crippie pass" as my son so lovingly calls it ,lol I would have to use a wc to this day at Disney... Go, enjoy yourself. Just be respectful of those walking in front of and beside you not to run into them because you never know when that person you bump into has health issues of their own like me that can be aggravated if they are hit by a scooter. I know I was ran into by one of them one year and ended up in misery for the remainder of my vacation. Enjoy yourself and may you be free of pain !!!

I'm glad we are going during a week when statistically it is low in crowds as this will be my first time on a scooter. Believe me, I won't be going on high speed, even if high speed is low on a scooter.

I was 35/36 when I became like this too, been thru all of the tests too so i understand.

I'm trying to keep positive even though I am in horrific pain as I lay here and type this.

While I have not read the entire thread and have no idea what your disability is I want to encourage you that if you are in pain to pleaser rent a scooter or wc, do not let pride stop you. I had promised my son I would take him to WDW before his 18th birthday (2000) In 1997 I ended up in a wheelchair due to back surgery that didnt go well...I was also diagnosed with multiple brain lesions...(my doctors still argue is it MS or not MS, one says yes the other IDK) anyway in 1999 I decided to surprise my son with his trip and took him to Disney and I was still in the wheelchair at the age of 36. Was it hard for me to do , because of my pride??? You bet, but my love for him was greater and I had never broken a promise to him. A couple of years later I learned of the Guest with Disabilities pass, and thank God I eventually was able to walk again but am still not able to stand in one place for more than 5 minutes without extreme pain. If it were not for the "crippie pass" as my son so lovingly calls it ,lol I would have to use a wc to this day at Disney... Go, enjoy yourself. Just be respectful of those walking in front of and beside you not to run into them because you never know when that person you bump into has health issues of their own like me that can be aggravated if they are hit by a scooter. I know I was ran into by one of them one year and ended up in misery for the remainder of my vacation. Enjoy yourself and may you be free of pain !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter