Updates on AVERY. (good news update pg 33 post 489!)

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share that we had dinner with Avery & family last night!!
It has been weeks since we've seen them, they've been keeping him pretty isolated as he is at significant risk of infection still. But it was a rainy day and they felt bored and cooped up...and we have all been healthy and don't mind being doused in Purell at the threshold so when they suggested we come for dinner and a visit we jumped at the chance.
Avery is in great spirits and feeling good. The counts are moving int he right direction, just a little slower than we'd like to see, but it's a postive anyway!!
We really had a great time, Avery received a magic kit and has been working hard at perfecting a few tricks...the kit has a cape and hat and props and he put on a little show for us. His sisters are a joy as usual ...Delaney (almost 4) has changed identities with a little girl named Angela. Yep, Angela is the new family member, she looks just like Delaney but says that Delaney is off somewhere far away with her (Angela's) family. So we have a new grandchild, Angela :rotfl2: And she thinks this family is much better than her original one. :thumbsup2

I just came across this thread and want to say that I will include Avery in my prayers!
I hope that he is getting stronger, chemo is so difficult for an adult, for a child to have to deal with is heartbreaking!
God Bless to your whole family!!
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Ann, so glad that he is doing well, although a little slow from what I am reading, but hey, it is working and that is a good thing..

I was LOL about the Purell.....everytime the little Prince comes to our house or we go to his, we have to scrub down in Purell.....first baby and he was preemie so whatever she needs us to do to get our hands on him, we will.. I love being a grandmother....

Hugs Ann and prayers for Avery and your new grandchild, Angela;)

Well, Avery's blood counts weren't quite as good as they'd hoped for today, he did not quite make the cutoff to go into the maintenance phase, but made great improvements since last blood draw last week, so he is moving in the right direction. They'll draw again Tuesday. (The Visiting Nurse does this) If the counts meet the requirrements, he'll go up to the hospital the folowing day for a spinal chemo and then will be officially in maintenance phase! :thumbsup2

All good thoughts to your little guy Avery. I wish him well and all of his family the strength & encouragement & positive thoughts to get through this.:grouphug:

Great news today!!
Avery's lab counts were SUPER today and he is officially starts the "maintenance" phase of his chemo treatment tomorrow!!
:cloud9: :woohoo: :banana:

He still has a long road of treatment and monitoring ahead of him (a couple of years) but it will be less frequent and less difficult physically as time goes on.

I thank you for being so supportive of him, of me and the rest of our family....
I'll continue to keep you posted!! :thumbsup2

How wonderful Ann! This is awesome news for Avery and all of you! There definitely is an angel on Avery's shoulder taking care of him! Hugs to all of you! Barbara

That's amazing news! I'm so happy for him and for your whole family. You'll all remain in my prayers.

Best news I heard all day!!! Thanks for posting the update, you sure brightened my day and I know yours is brighter too. I am glad he is back on track.

:goodvibes Great news. Good thoughts & best wishes for continued improvement. :)

Wonderful news!! Give him a hug from his Dis friends!! I'll keep him in my prayers for continued and full recovery!!!!:grouphug:

Woohoo for Avery... we have him in our prayers as he goes forward to recovery...

Hugs to you Ann!!!!

Ohh! What wonderful news! You made my day! Continued prayers for him and his very blessed family!!!

I just came across your post. I have tears of joy and chills at the wonderful news. Praying that Avery continues on to a happy, healthy wonderful life.

Praise God!!!

Just looking for my monthly Avery fix. Praying he is still having wonderful progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter