Updates on AVERY. (good news update pg 33 post 489!)

Ann I always come and see what is up with Avery ......this is great news to hear......Thanks for updating us

It's great to hear from you, especially with such wonderful news. I have been following Avery's progress on caringbridge.com and have kept him at the top of my prayer list. You've got quite a grandson there.

thanks for the update.:lovestruc

Are you able to post the caringbridge addy?

My goodness, I have been remiss in updating this thread, I cannot believe it's been more than a year.

The last month has been a real roller coaster for me...I lost my father :sad1: Although he was 86 and had been battling early stage Alzheimer's it was quite sudden/unexpected.

but I am VERY happy to post the following regarding Avery....

and express my thanks (and on behalf of Avery too) for all the prayers and support shown by my DIS friends

Avery is CANCER FREE!

After almost four years, Avery has finally finished his chemotherapy and other treatments, and now is considered cancer free. While we could never repay all of you for the kindness, support and love that you have shown us during this time, we would really love to share in a celebration of thanks with all of you.

Please join us on March 19th, at Pat's Peak at 5:00 p.m., for a special Celebration of Thanks! We will have music, dancing, cake, and lots of family fun, celebrating this new journey we are now on, and to try and express our thanks and gratefulness to each of you for all you have meant to us.

There have been many people who have shared in our journey, many of whom we have never met...please spread the word that ALL are invited. If you have friends who have been part of our journey, encourage them to come! If for some reason, either you or someone you know, is unable to attend in person, we will have a special message board to post letters, cards or emails, if anyone would like to send them ahead of time. You can mail things for the message board to 341 Plummer Hill Rd, Henniker, NH 03242, or email at forrestallb@yahoo.com

What can you bring? If you'd like to, we'd love some help with snacks and desserts! If your last name starts with A-M, you could bring a munchie or appetizer, and if your last name starts with N-Z, you could bring a dessert. If you have your heart set on bringing something specific just let us know when you RSVP- we won't hold you to your letter! The restaurant at Pat's Peak, as well as the cash bar, will be open for anyone who would like to purchase meals or drinks during the party.

What else do you need to know? Nazzy, the popular DJ from WJYY in Concord, will be mc'ing this great event, so you can bet that he and Avery have some fun contests, games and mischief cooked up! Be ready for fun!

During his treatment, Avery has become a big supporter of CHaD, and has really taken this time to give back, in thanks for all CHaD has done for us. To support the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD) and Kristen's Gift (a nonprofit charity that provides support to the pediatric oncology department at CHaD) consider creating a snowboard or ski "team", and raising money for CHaD! During the day of March 19th, Pat's Peak will be hosting a special fundraiser in celebration of Avery's journey. For more information on this special event, or to create or donate to a team, visit www.skiforkristen.org

Please RSVP to our special family fun night, a celebration of thanks! We hope to see you there, to say THANK YOU for ALL YOU HAVE DONE!!! We could never have done this without you!

Just checking in after a year and so happy to see your wonderful post! Hope you had a terrific celebration....I'm sure it was lots of :yay: and :grouphug:
I am celebrating with you in spirit.......Go AVERY!!!!

Wow, just saw your latest update and it brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for Avery and your family. May he continue to be cancer free and now live a healthy life.

Sorry about your father.

Sorry to hear about your dad, but thrilled to hear about Avery. What a blessing.

Well, after 18+ months of remission, I'm sad to report that Avery's leukemia has returned. We'll know more in the next few days as to whether it originates in blood, nervous system, or bone marrow....prognosis is much better on the first two....we shall see.

They have a CaringBridge.org site.....if you go to that site it gives you the option to enter a name for an individual's page/site...it is: averyforrestall if you want to see the whole journey, updates and the guestbook.

Thanks to all the DISers who are so generous with prayers and support! :hug:

Good wishes and prayers again for little Avery, Ann. He beat it once, he'll do it again. :hug:'s

Well, after 18+ months of remission, I'm sad to report that Avery's leukemia has returned. We'll know more in the next few days as to whether it originates in blood, nervous system, or bone marrow....prognosis is much better on the first two....we shall see.

They have a CaringBridge.org site.....if you go to that site it gives you the option to enter a name for an individual's page/site...it is: averyforrestall if you want to see the whole journey, updates and the guestbook.

Thanks to all the DISers who are so generous with prayers and support! :hug:

I am so sorry that Avery is facing this battle again.

Your family is in my thoughts:grouphug:

Quasar

Stormin the heavens with prayers for Avery and his family.

pinnie

If the family is interested, Lucy's Love Bus gives grant money to support alternative therapies to provide comfort and relief to children undergoing cancer treatment. From your posts, it sounds like you are in the general area that the Love Bus covers.

http://www.lucyslovebus.org/

My thoughts and prayers are with Avery and his entire family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter