Using a brought from home security lock?

OK, for all of you who believe that the latch is a security device to prevent someone from entering your room, I have some shocking news... IT'S NOT!

A child can use a piece of paper to open from the outside in about 10 seconds. A practiced thief, 2 seconds. Hotel staff have a tool that allows them to open it from the outside.View attachment 302287

The purpose of the latch is to allow you to open the door partially and have a conversation safely or pass small objects through.

I work in a small hotel and I have not seen such a tool for opening the doors. If a hotel did have that type of tool it would most likely be used by secrity or mangmnet in conjution with the mater key that can open the dead bolt as well. They also wou'dn't likey be carrying it during a room check, Typicly wehn doing one they woud only have a rgualr master key top open the door if they don't get an answer.

The only time I would want to have extra security is in the shower. That continues to be my biggest fear, that someone will come in when I am in the shower. I wear modest pajamas, so I wouldn’t mind if they had to come in while I was wearing them (would prefer they didn’t, but would let them in if asked). Obviously I wouldn’t mind once I have dressed after the shower. Putting the latch on the door still allows them to look in a small opening. It doesn’t matter if the door is open a half inch or wide open if I’m not decent. I did keep a bathrobe on the hook in the bathroom so I could reach it quickly if I needed to. But what if they just open the bathroom door while the shower is on? It’s not like you can wrap up in a glass door like you could in a shower curtain, lol!

I didn’t consider getting a supplemental lock, but I did think about one of those motion activated alarms that you just hang on the doorknob and if the door moves it goes off. I might hear that over the sound of the shower even if I couldn’t hear a voice, and there would be no damage and it wouldn’t restrict their entry. Seems like overkill when all I need is 30-45 minutes per day where I won’t be disturbed.
I can relate to desiring shower security. Be sure to lock the bathroom door while in there & take a body covering in there in case an employee wants access!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter