Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I would never own vanity plates

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Other (Apparently a DISboards rule)

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

adelaster

DIS Veteran
So it's been a "week" - looking for a fun Friday distraction!

Interested in learning more about the vanity plate folks. Is this something you would consider doing/something you have done?

I tend to notice license plates; many vanity plates are amusing. Lately though, I have noticed several DISNEY vanity plates in the area. And hey, if that's you- let me hear the reasoning!

I have a personalized plate on my car. It has my university emblem on it, my initials and my graduation year.

I had one on my prior car and am kicking myself for not keeping it when I turned my car in to be junked (kids used it for learning to drive, and boy did it show). I figured a new one that I want to get, but not Disney themed. There is a group of ladies that goes to Disneyland for a weekend each year, leaving husbands and children at home, and have been known as the DIS Divas, now just Divas. One of them recently got a license plate that says DIS Diva. :car:

My first car while in college had vanity plates, but not Disney themed. Miss them. I have thought about getting Disney related ones, but am not creative enough to come up with something not already taken.

Did see a Disney vanity plate (think it read 'DI5NE') from Arkansas near Memphis TN about two weeks ago while I was on my morning Starbuck run.

I have one, but not Disney related.
Heart Association plate with mine and my husbands initials with a red heart in between.

Dd has one. Not Disney related but wrestling related. Two of my nieces have one and so does dil.

Our tags are so expensive that the extra for a vanity plate just doesn’t make that much difference.

Not interested in having one. Not only is it easier for you to remember your license plate, but it is recognizable by everyone else too. I don't need my friends and neighbors to know my life. Oh look, Hrhpd is at the grocery store. She is at the dentist. She is at the doctor....again, let's start rumors about her health. No thank you. I prefer not to attract attention to myself. I had my child's sport's team sticker on my car and removed that too when people started to come up to me, saying "I saw you were at so and so, I must have missed you." And yes, I live in a small town full of Gladys type people. Wonderful neighbors but always up in everyone's business.

Never really had any interest, but I've also never really been creative enough to come up with one in the first place.

Purely as a point of consideration, take a moment to think if you would stop and look in a parking lot if someone were to call out your vanity plate as if it's your name, with the assumption it must be someone you know. Easy way for someone with ill intent to distract and relax you enough to get the jump on you.

Purely as a point of consideration, take a moment to think if you would stop and look in a parking lot if someone were to call out your vanity plate as if it's your name, with the assumption it must be someone you know. Easy way for someone with ill intent to distract and relax you enough to get the jump on you.
Also, it is easy to follow you from a parking lot to a neighborhood and even if you lose them, easy to find you again by seeing your car in the driveway, in the garage, or even picking you up driving again. I prefer my car to be a grey crossover as nondescript as the 100 other grey crossovers in the parking lot.

Although I do love the vanity plates that try to spell a phrase out with just letters. Very fun to try and figure it out while you are stuck behind them. And they are vague enough that they aren't any more memorable than a regular plate.

Well that may be true of some but if someone called out dd’s plate like her name she would instantly know it’s not someone who knows her. Especially since too many confuse it to mean the word in a popular song, so would be more likely to call out the artist’s name.

Dil’s would be a partial word and 3 numbers so would also sound strange.

I have never heard of anyone being called by their plate so seems a bit paranoid to me.

Maybe if the tag was a nickname, it would make more sense.

My old vanity plate (when I was age 19-21) did have a number then my first name. My parents thought it would be a great gift. No one ever called me out in a parking lot based on my plate. Even if they did, unless I instantly recognized them I'd keep going about my business under the guise that I didn't hear them. I don't tend to hang out in parking lots talking to strangers.

Well that may be true of some but if someone called out dd’s plate like her name she would instantly know it’s not someone who knows her. Especially since too many confuse it to mean the word in a popular song, so would be more likely to call out the artist’s name.

Dil’s would be a partial word and 3 numbers so would also sound strange.

I have never heard of anyone being called by their plate so seems a bit paranoid to me.

Maybe if the tag was a nickname, it would make more sense.

No, no one ever uses their nickname on a vanity plate, impossible.

My old vanity plate (when I was age 19-21) did have a number then my first name. My parents thought it would be a great gift. No one ever called me out in a parking lot based on my plate. Even if they did, unless I instantly recognized them I'd keep going about my business under the guise that I didn't hear them. I don't tend to hang out in parking lots talking to strangers.

Guess it's a good thing the bad guys either didn't think to drop the number and call out only your name -- or they're too busy hanging around in parking lots chatting me up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter