Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I might get them someday

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I would never own vanity plates

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Other (Apparently a DISboards rule)

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
"Back in the day" (like in the 90's) in Illinois it was free to have the personalized plates as long as it ended with a number. I had like my first initial and first few letters of my last name followed by a random number. I wasn't very creative :rotfl2:

I won’t reveal his name but when he was younger my brother had a cringy (in hindsight) plate. His first name initial and last name, when said together, sound like a bodily fluid. Everyone was surprised he got away with it. He was allowed to because, although immature, it is his name.

Purely as a point of consideration, take a moment to think if you would stop and look in a parking lot if someone were to call out your vanity plate as if it's your name, with the assumption it must be someone you know. Easy way for someone with ill intent to distract and relax you enough to get the jump on you.

Also, it is easy to follow you from a parking lot to a neighborhood and even if you lose them, easy to find you again by seeing your car in the driveway, in the garage, or even picking you up driving again. I prefer my car to be a grey crossover as nondescript as the 100 other grey crossovers in the parking lot.

Although I do love the vanity plates that try to spell a phrase out with just letters. Very fun to try and figure it out while you are stuck behind them. And they are vague enough that they aren't any more memorable than a regular plate.
Eh, these seem a bit paranoid. I’ve had vanity plates for close to 14 years and haven’t had an issue. My grandfather and uncle both worked in law enforcement and of the things they constantly warned me about this wasn’t one of them. Both also had/have vanity plates. Their ham radio call letters which at least for Grandpa would have made him very recognizable.

We both have special edition NV/Vanity plates, mine with the Las Vegas Sign. Non Disney. There’s a fee for the special edition and fee for having what we want on there. It comes out to $39 a year.

I see plenty of Disney plates around here but can’t remember off the top of my head any specific ones. While at Disney this week I saw what I made out to be “Goof Troop.” I also saw “Open Arms.” They had a Journey sticker on their back window as well. Don’t remember the configuration of either. What caught my attention most was all the “Vegas Strong” and “Golden Knights” stickers. Must have been vacation week for Vegas.

I have a mini Arizona Coyotes license plate refrigerator magnet. A souvenir from one of the two games I attended in the old Winnipeg Arena in the 90's.

View attachment 337027

Watching games at the old barn was awesome! I couldn’t guess how many games I went to. Of course..that was back in the day where you could go to a local dry cleaner and buy $7 tickets for the nose bleeds LOL

Watching games at the old barn was awesome! I couldn’t guess how many games I went to. Of course..that was back in the day where you could go to a local dry cleaner and buy $7 tickets for the nose bleeds LOL

Yep, I liked that place. I went in March 1991, and then again in March 1996 after it was announced that Jets would be moving because I wanted to see the arena one last time. Loved the giant portrait of the Queen.

queen.jpg

I still haven't made it to the new place. Jets 2.0 and Vegas are the only franchises I haven't seen play a home game.

:offtopic:
Wonderful! So happy for you! I wish you success in your search!

I here you... I wasn't interested in doing it with a co-pilot. We drove our car down once and left it there. I know that there are people that can jump in a car and drive for days. Not me, one drive down 95 was enough for me.

Sorry, I can't help... we have a garage. I pump the tires up good and hard and put a Battery Tender on the battery. These modern cars will all of the electronics can't go very long without a charger or a good drive to keep the battery charged. I measured my older truck and calculated that the battery would be totally dead in 90 days. Make sure wherever you store the vehicle has a place to plug in a charger.

This is a good idea. I confess I did only a very cursory examination of long term rentals.

Yep, I liked that place. I went in March 1991, and then again in March 1996 after it was announced that Jets would be moving because I wanted to see the arena one last time. Loved the giant portrait of the Queen.

queen.jpg

I still haven't made it to the new place. Jets 2.0 and Vegas are the only franchises I haven't seen play a home game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter