Very Disappointed at Disney for After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPTexan82

Ever which way but loose
We have a trip booked for May 2nd thru the 11th at the Polynesian. My FastPass window comes open next weekend. I’m disappointed at Disney for not making a new schedule for Disney After Hours. At least they should come out with a press release saying they are not going to have the time being.

Here we are with dinner reservations, FastPass needing to be booked and if they release a schedule after the fact it becomes harder to move things around. I don’t mind spending the money to go to After Hours because it allows us to relax more during the day. Oh well.

I also wish Disney would either announce they are or are not going to continue offering the after hours for our 4 nights in June before our cruise . But I'm not going to fret about it. I'll just roll with the punches and see what happens. :goodvibes

Would not affect my FPs or ADRs... The After Hours events occur after the parks close. I guess some might choose not to attend a park the day of a DAH event, just the event?

I'm not entirely sure of the issue here. TC wants to make FP+ plans, but is worried a DAH event will come up, thereby reducing their FP window? Is that the issue?

I'm sure they have not said they are not having them because uh they are.
I would look at what nights each one is currently and then plan around that expecting that they will release them at some point for your trip dates.

Would not affect my FPs or ADRs... The After Hours events occur after the parks close. I guess some might choose not to attend a park the day of a DAH event, just the event?

Ya some may not choose to go, I also thought I saw reports that it increases crowd levels towards the end of the night when they typically start to drop off. I know I personally would either choose to attend EMH or want to choose a different day to go to the MK if my schedule permitted it.

It sucks, but it's the nature of Disney. I had already booked our ADRs when the AK one came up during our March trip. I shuffled a bit and was able to change our dinner ADR that night and our breakfast the next day. You just have to decide if it's worth the hassle to change your plans. With it being late, it makes it easier to shuffle a bit. Good luck.

Ya some may not choose to go, I also thought I saw reports that it increases crowd levels towards the end of the night when they typically start to drop off. I know I personally would either choose to attend EMH or want to choose a different day if my schedule permitted it.

That has not been my experience... the very small number of tickets sold for this event did not seem to make any difference with regard to evening crowds.

That has not been my experience... the very small number of tickets sold for this event did not seem to make any difference with regard to evening crowds.

That’s fair. I haven’t been during this event so I was just stating what others have said. Honestly I’d have no desire to be in the park if they were having one of these events. It limits park hours and I personally like shutting down the park. It’s one of our favorite parts of the trip. If you don’t normally stay late it probably doesn’t impact your touring style at all...

I'm sure they have not said they are not having them because uh they are.
I would look at what nights each one is currently and then plan around that expecting that they will release them at some point for your trip dates.
Except for the fact that they have never had them in the summer. If there was a history of dates in May and June I’d believe that, but there isn’t, so it’s really an unknown. And it effects our plans because if it happens we won’t be making a PPO breakfast the next day

Except for the fact that they have never had them in the summer. If there was a history of dates in May and June I’d believe that, but there isn’t, so it’s really an unknown. And it effects our plans because if it happens we won’t be making a PPO breakfast the next day

Unfortunately there just won't be much anyone can do, and I wouldn't expect Disney to come out and say anything too far ahead of time, since their hours and plans can and do change without much notice.

So Disney actually has a published end date for all those events. That doesn’t mean they won’t extend but they did in fact say ‘this event ends April xx.’ It’s not their fault if people are assuming they’ll extend.

That’s fair. I haven’t been during this event so I was just stating what others have said. Honestly I’d have no desire to be in the park if they were having one of these events. It limits park hours and I personally like shutting down the park. It’s one of our favorite parts of the trip. If you don’t normally stay late it probably doesn’t impact your touring style at all...

We may be talking about a different event. Disney After Hours is a 3 hour hard ticket event that takes place after regular park hours. Park hours are not shortened for DAH. If the park closes at 10, the evnt runs 10:00-1:00, for example.

Disney After Hours have been held in the summer. See https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898156

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter