Very Disappointed at Disney for After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the fact that they have never had them in the summer. If there was a history of dates in May and June I’d believe that, but there isn’t, so it’s really an unknown. And it effects our plans because if it happens we won’t be making a PPO breakfast the next day

Apparently they have had them in May, June, July, and August before....

If you look at the days of the week it is scheduled currently and then base your PPO off of that then you wouldn't have to change anything last minute.
EMM has been extended into the summer so my guess is DAH will be as well as it seems like Disney has lessened park hours and EMH in order to accommodate more hard ticket events. (which is what we all feared would start happening)

Last edited:
I’d love to know too. I want to do AH at DHS and if we can, I don’t plan on going to DHS any other time. Now I’m going to have to try to get SDD and I guess cancel it and try for other FPs at another park if they open up AH for May.

Nothing to prevent you from making the ADR for a PPO breakfast on multiple mornings and then cancel the one you don't use...

That was my strategy for BOG lunch for my next trip because I was not totally sure which day we would be at MK for lunch.
We decided for sure which park plan we were going with since we are hoping FEA Illuminations dessert party will come out for our dates and we know it will not be on the Tuesday we are there as that's PM EMH. It will be on Wed and Thurs if we base it off current schedules and we know that we don't want to do Thurs because that is the last night we are there and we did the dessert party the last day we were there in December and the ride was down and we didn't have the chance to go on it at all that trip.

Some will say Disney "makes" you plan 6 months out and then switches things up on you last minute.
To me no one is putting a gun to my head and I know how to have a back up and be flexible.

I’d love to know too. I want to do AH at DHS and if we can, I don’t plan on going to DHS any other time. Now I’m going to have to try to get SDD and I guess cancel it and try for other FPs at another park if they open up AH for May.

Honestly if I knew they were going to do them around when I will be down I’d consider moving my entire trip to attend them... we are night people so I’d get a lot of good use out of those hours. And I’d probably choose a different park for the morning/afternoon...

I agree with you OP. Knowing whether or not they will have these events does affect your planning considerably. I am also waiting to hear if summer dates will be announced. I am trying to plan using the current days that they are having these events, but if I knew for sure DAH would be offered, it would affect the way I plan out my FP selections. If you know you will get to attend AK or HS after hours, then maybe you don't need to make FP reservations for other days at those parks. And like someone else said, you wouldn't want a PPO breakfast the morning after a DAH event. Also, you wouldn't want a later dinner reservation that same day as DAH. So, yes, all your planning is affected and it would be good to just know one way or the other.

Except for the fact that they have never had them in the summer. If there was a history of dates in May and June I’d believe that, but there isn’t, so it’s really an unknown. And it effects our plans because if it happens we won’t be making a PPO breakfast the next day

I would just book the PPO ADR and then you could possibly book a lunch ADR and cancel whichever you don't use. I do this sometimes, especially when things come up like this.

Yeah, sorry. No sympathy here. They’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

What does this even mean? Did OP offend you in some way?

OP is venting because they want after hours in May and they either aren't announced yet or not having them at all.
I'd be bummed out too. We are going May of 2020 and I was looking forward to trying these for the first time.

What does this even mean? Did OP offend you in some way?

OP is venting because they want after hours in May and they either aren't announced yet or not having them at all.
I'd be bummed out too. We are going May of 2020 and I was looking forward to trying these for the first time.
I think their point was that the OP wanted a particular reaction from everyone that agreed with their opinion and that poster like myself does not have that reaction of oh I'm sorry that you are frustrated.
And they were referring to the fact that people get mad at Disney for having too many or not enough events and announcing things too early or too late.
In the end Disney is a business and is not going to make EVERYONE happy ALL of the time.

I agree with the OP as well. I have an August trip booked. I've got ADRs planned for if there are DAH scheduled and if there are not DAH scheduled. I'll eventually cancel a bunch of them. I'm hoping I know before I have to book FP. If we go to an afterhours event at MK, I won't book a FP for 7DMT, if we go to one at DHS, I won't book SDD. If we go to an afterhours event I won't book fastpasses in the morning the next day. If we go to an afterhours event, we'll go to a waterpark or golf that day instead of using a park ticket..this means different dining. If there are no DAH events, I'll book the EMM instead...so yes, for sure it effects planning. I know Disney changes park hours up to the day before, even the day of, but that kind of change is really minor to me.

I think their point was that the OP wanted a particular reaction from everyone that agreed with their opinion and that poster like myself does not have that reaction of oh I'm sorry that you are frustrated.
And they were referring to the fact that people get mad at Disney for having too many or not enough events and announcing things too early or too late.
In the end Disney is a business and is not going to make EVERYONE happy ALL of the time.

In the end, the OP was venting, not soliciting a particular reaction from anyone. Probably looking for someone to join in their misery so they have company.

I'll sit with you and be bummed OP, but you know you'll still have a great trip! :)

In the end, the OP was venting, not soliciting a particular reaction from anyone. Probably looking for someone to join in their misery so they have company.

I'll sit with you and be bummed OP, but you know you'll still have a great trip! :)
You said it. They wanted people to join them and have the same reaction of being tricked and they got it from you but not me.

I would just book the PPO ADR and then you could possibly book a lunch ADR and cancel whichever you don't use. I do this sometimes, especially when things come up like this.
My problem is that the touring plan for that particular park kind of hinges on rope dropping. So if there is DAH I’m going to have to shuffle what days I’m in what park and that is something it would be very nice to know BEFORE FP day.

They ended up releasing a very last minute DAH on our dates back in November.

I did end up having to shuffle some FPs around to allow for us to sleep in (our plans had been to be at MK the next day).

However, we ended up completely altering our plans because we’d had such a great night that we didn’t feel the need to be back at MK the next day. So we ended up going to HS. It honestly was not a big deal to shift our FPs over and we had a great time.

Now ADRs may be a different issue, but if you’re willing to flexible, I don’t think a last minute DAH is too difficult!

ETA....the DAH event was worth any hassle and shuffling I had to do!!!

Yeah for our Jan Trip this year we found out last minute there was a DAH at MK so We switched around our plans - I considered it just a little pixie dust that cost us $$$. Lol And I would never count on it in the future.

I agree with you OP. Knowing whether or not they will have these events does affect your planning considerably.
When we booked some of our dining choices, I took into consideration the DAH for HS and AK that happen previously. I always knew things can change. But when You get dinner reservations for hard to get places like BOG and Storybook Dinning at Artist Point it’s hard to find replacement dates. Then we had to pre pay for Highway in the Sky Dine around and that’s can’t be changed at all. The the day of FP and the next day of FP goes into all consideration.
But just like the weather things can always change, and being flexible when there is so much planning is hard. Good luck on yours.

I am assuming they are not having them in the spring, my FP+ window opens on Monday. It does influence my planning, because I might plan late-ish FP+ at another park and need to change those if there was a party I wanted to attend instead. And those cancelled FP might include Slinky, FoP, Mine Train, etc.

But, not the end of the world. I will figure it out, if they decide to add them. Not a major thing, just a minor issue to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter