very ot: Pigeon Forge, TN??? Softball tournament??

It has not been any better on the East Coast of Florida either...at least my grass (I mean weeds) is growing again!

Its a ride for me coming from Ft lauderdale but well worth it. Christmas time is the best. Oh and don't forget to pull over and get some boiled peanuts.:thumbsup2

Well I just got an e-mail that we will be going to the DolllyWood water park?

How's that?

Oh and don't forget to pull over and get some boiled peanuts.:thumbsup2

Ewwwww. I only tried them once, at a roadside stand, and they were HORRIBLE! Should I try them again, or are they an acquired taste? They were mushy and dry (kind of like lima beans) with no taste! :(

I guess you have to acquire a taste, I love them but then again I eat frog legs, snails, sushi and other odd stuff.

Well I just got an e-mail that we will be going to the DolllyWood water park?

How's that?

Hi Lucy! Dollywood's Water Park is called Splash Country. Here's the website:

http://dollyssplashcountry.com/
and to cut right to the fun part here's the list of water rides:
http://dollyssplashcountry.com/rides-attractions/

I haven't been to Splash Country but I have heard from several folks that it's all kinds of fun. I wouldn't worry too much about being chilly. (Although, I would like to say :scared1: at the thought of keeping your house at 80 in Florida voluntarily!) If you are actually within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, depending on how high you are in elevation, you could be 10 or more degrees cooler than the surrounding area. But Pigeon Forge doesn't see that drastic of a temperature change. Also, Pigeon Forge has lots and lots of concrete, and it seems like that always reflects and magnifies the heat! :cool2:

Here's a link to a local (Knoxville) news station that has a skycam in the mountains.

http://www.wbir.com/weather/conditions/skycams/smokyMountain.aspx

Have a great trip! And go (fill in the blank with the name of your boyfriend's sister's mascot)!

Ewwwww. I only tried them once, at a roadside stand, and they were HORRIBLE! Should I try them again, or are they an acquired taste? They were mushy and dry (kind of like lima beans) with no taste! :(

yes, they are an acquired taste, i wouldn't worry about it

Thank you! I know, people think I am nuts for having my air at 80, but I really get that cold!

Thank you! I know, people think I am nuts for having my air at 80, but I really get that cold!

It is not you. I am a Floridian and my air is at 78. I had to compromise with hubby. I had it at 80 and he wanted it a lot lower. I spend most of the time with a blanket on in the house.

Me too! They make this blanket that has arm holes in it and I really want it and I would use it a lot but it's $49! Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas or something.

We just went toi Splash Country on Thur. and had loads of fun. If you have a big group I would suggest renting one of their retreats. The retreat was great to have for lunch (there's not much seating) and just to cool off. It was in the upper 90's this week.

Thanks! I will let the group know about this.

I leave tomorrow!! The group is already there but I am in school this summer so I can't go the entire week.

Excited!

I'm back! Had a blast!

Ok FL folks let me tell you, the weather was amazing! I don't know who said it's hot there, but it is nothing like good ole FL. The hottest it ever got was 89 with 20%, yes 20%, humidity! If FL terms, 89 is like 99!

The town was so cute but the main strip with all the places to eat had terrible traffic (nothing like Orlando). The place we stayed in was awesome, it was this HUGE lodge with separate suites so the whole team could stay there.

The team didn't win but they made it pretty far in the tournament.

We didn't get to go to Dollyworld but the girls did go to Splash Country before we got there, and we did go tubing which was kinda boring and the water was FREEZING. I didn't get a funnel cake :(

I like it so much there that I am looking into UT for PhD programs.

I'm sure there's more I want to say but I can't think of anything else.

Welcome back! The traffic through pigeon forge is always horrible. We try to take back streets when we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter