Viking Cruise Line Only Adults

Not sure where to place this in the boards (not DCL or RC or Celebrity), but I believe DU did a Viking river cruise and review. As such, I found this interesting....

http://www.fox35orlando.com/fast-fi...children-says-clients-want-kid-free-vacations

Viking has always had a policy that guests must be 16 years of age or older. This has been raised to 18 for August 2019.

This is true of almost all river cruise companies except AMA. Ama works with Disney and provides family river cruising.

All Viking staterooms accommodate a maximum of two guests.

Neither Viking river nor ocean cruises have activities or spaces devoted to children.

As almost all Viking itineraries are "port based" with a emphasis on the historical and cultural aspects, these are not "kid focused" sailings.

The fact that this is newsworthy surprises me. A bit of research would have show that this has always been the case.

Viking has always had a policy that guests must be 16 years of age or older. This has been raised to 18 for August 2019.

Before this change, the policy was guest had to be 12 or older, not 16. We did a Viking China cruise last year and there were two kids in our small group (12 & 14 IIRC) and at least 2 other kids around that age on the trip.

The couple with the 12 & 14 year old had done a few other Viking trips, but this was their first with the whole family.

Viking Ocean Cruises have a minimum age of 16.
The linked article was about them now matching the ocean policy on the river cruises.

The point still stands that, for the most part, Viking cruises probably wouldn’t be all that fun for most kids.

There are certainly some that would love it, but there are no kid-centric activities, areas of the ship, or excursions.

It seems like it might be even less fun for someone who is 18, but that’s another story ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter