VLOGGERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissSha

...and all was right with the world
"Hello Friends" :P

I'm just wondering how you all feel about the influx of "vloggers" lately in the parks and restaurants. Do you mind being captured in their videos? Does it disturb your dining? Just curious.....

Originally I wasn't comfortable with the idea of thousands of people seeing my kids on YouTube. I realize now that most vloggers take care not to focus on strangers in the background of the video. If someone was focusing on my kids, I'd go politely speak with them about my concerns. I don't care though if my kids are just walking through a shot while someone is filming. Plus I appreciate their work as it allows us to keep up with the parks while we're at home.

In the parks, not a big deal. On a ride it's pretty annoying (have only encountered that once or twice). I don't really do sit down restaurants at Disney, so do not have experience there. Apparently back in the first couple of months of RoR opening my BF and I were walking toward the entrance at HS at the same time as someone from AllEars. I had no clue, but a friend of mine texted me a few days later saying that she saw us in the background of the video. I'm with the above, as long as it's just background it's fine. I would not appreciate being the focus of a vloggers camera without my consent though.

On our last trip we saw a few. It was fine. I watch a couple livestreams, and they do ease some of the off vacation FOMO. The only issue I (and my wife) really have is why they would waste a day at the parks carrying a rig and a camera around when they could just be enjoying the parks. I get it that they're mostly locals and AP holders, but even at that, I feel like I would rather just be in the parks more than video the whole day. Won't stop me from living vicariously through them while I'm at home, though.

I'm mostly annoyed by them when I feel like they are posting inaccurate info or heavily curating to mislead viewers. I saw one on my last trip exclaiming about how horrible the wait times were. They were outside of Nemo in Epcot and the posted time was 30 minutes but it walk on. I do try to avoid getting put on camera though.

We were next to a blogger in line at a Moonlight Magic event one time and could be seen very briefly in the vlog....we thought it was kinda cool. Nobody really cares about a couple random people in the background. Now if they were focusing on my daughter intentionally for some reason then we may have a problem.

On our last trip we saw a few. It was fine. I watch a couple livestreams, and they do ease some of the off vacation FOMO. The only issue I (and my wife) really have is why they would waste a day at the parks carrying a rig and a camera around when they could just be enjoying the parks. I get it that they're mostly locals and AP holders, but even at that, I feel like I would rather just be in the parks more than video the whole day. Won't stop me from living vicariously through them while I'm at home, though.

You understand they actually make a living off of it, right? It's their job basically. If you get enough followers and viewers on YouTube you make quite a bit of income from ad revenue.

The only one I have had an issue with (and do not subscribe to) is a live-streamer who intentionally got up close to a wedding party and was filming them and commenting on it all for her live audience. Super intrusive and rude in my opinion and others commented about it as well on her stream. She defended it by saying if they are having a wedding in a park then that comes with the territory. She is obnoxious.

I've met Nate (Paging Mr. Morrow) in the parks and love him. He is super considerate as are the majority of the Disney vloggers I follow. I love getting my Disney fix by watching them after a long day of work.

The only one I have had an issue with (and do not subscribe to) is a live-streamer who intentionally got up close to a wedding party and was filming them and commenting on it all for her live audience. Super intrusive and rude in my opinion and others commented about it as well on her stream. She defended it by saying if they are having a wedding in a park then that comes with the territory. She is obnoxious.

I've met Nate (Paging Mr. Morrow) in the parks and love him. He is super considerate as are the majority of the Disney vloggers I follow. I love getting my Disney fix by watching them after a long day of work.
I love watching Paging Mr. Morrow! Such a nice and funny guy.

It doesn't bother me... my husband likes to follow them around to try to get into their shots. It becomes a game when we get home from a trip to see if we can hunt down the vlog and see if we made it into the background of any of them.
Now I have something to do while not getting in an hour long queue! Thanks!

"Hello Friends" :P

I'm just wondering how you all feel about the influx of "vloggers" lately in the parks and restaurants. Do you mind being captured in their videos? Does it disturb your dining? Just curious.....
Don't necessarily want people to know that we're not at home. That's just stupid. Maybe I should just put a sign in the front yard - "We're away for a week; help yourself"

I'm typically clueless about this stuff so I probably would have no idea how to spot one.. I heard the first day at F&W they were all over.. In all my visits I wonder how many I crossed path with and/or was part of their video... I guess it really doesn't bother me then I guess.... as long as I wasn't picking my nose or something... :). With that said I'll bet they have some really interesting and funny shots that they only noticed as part of their editing process.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter