VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

resorts-at-christmas-3.jpg

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Inspired by Granny. A few Christmas scenes from over the years:

I hope that something here brought a smile to your face or a wonderful memory to your mind.

Merry Christmas Groupies!

Kathy...those pictures are awesome...and yes, they did bring a smile to my face. :)

And I've posted this often over the years, but for some reason I really like these lights especially with the Christmas decorations...

WL light.jpg

Belated Merry Christmas to all!

The point charts are disturbing, seems ya may as well splurge for a 2BR if you were considering a 1BR. They do appear in need of a correction to me.

Wonderful Pictures!

We went out to see “Mary Poppins Returns” last night, and I have to say that I was really happy they didn’t screw this up. It was a well thought out sequel. A well done period piece. (in both setting and film making). This may not end up a box office hit, as Hollywood doesn’t make films like this anymore. But, it was how this film had to be made and I absolutely loved it! Thank you Disney!

Belated Merry Christmas to all!

The point charts are disturbing, seems ya may as well splurge for a 2BR if you were considering a 1BR. They do appear in need of a correction to me.

Wonderful Pictures!

We went out to see “Mary Poppins Returns” last night, and I have to say that I was really happy they didn’t screw this up. It was a well thought out sequel. A well done period piece. (in both setting and film making). This may not end up a box office hit, as Hollywood doesn’t make films like this anymore. But, it was how this film had to be made and I absolutely loved it! Thank you Disney!
I am happy to read this! We will see it on our NYE cruise that is coming up very soon!!

Sometimes I wonder if the summer attendance is starting to go down?
Absolutely it is. We go in June and it isn't very crowded in my opinion. Also, lots of bloggers have reported the last few years that summer attendance is down.

Hello groupies! Other than the couple pop ins, I'v been sorely absent from this thread and the Dis in general. I can't pinpoint one thing as taking so much of my time...I changed grades this year (another teacher here) and its been a bit more work, I started my TA side hustle back in June, I'm older and more lazy, my boys run me ragged...just a combination of all those things. In any case, I check in when I can.

Not sure if I posted our dates this year but we will be back to BRV/VWL June 8-16. We are usually first week of June but we bought APs this year (days before the increase) that we will activate for that trip and will carry us through our 2020 trip. We are hoping to use the APs as often as possible to get our money's worth but we don't have anything past June officially on the books yet. We do have a quick, no park weekend booked at Pop (nowhere near a fave) for Mar 1-3 and an adults only weekend May 3-5 at POFQ, using 1 day tickets, also bought before the increase, to checkout Flower & Garden for the first time. The trips that aren't booked that I am checking on are Independence Day, Labor Day, October Fall Break, pre Thanksgiving weekend/week, and Star Wars AP previews. Hoping for good AP rates or renting points since we don't have nearly enough of our own.

Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Hello groupies! Other than the couple pop ins, I'v been sorely absent from this thread and the Dis in general. I can't pinpoint one thing as taking so much of my time...I changed grades this year (another teacher here) and its been a bit more work, I started my TA side hustle back in June, I'm older and more lazy, my boys run me ragged...just a combination of all those things. In any case, I check in when I can.

Renee...we're happy to see you whenever you can drop in. We know that life can take us away from here, and sometimes just plain old burnout. But glad to see that you are doing well. Sounds like a very Disney 2019 planned for you! :thumbsup2

On a side note, it does appear that the 2020 VWL point schedule I posted is indeed valid. I wasn't aware that Disney only counts 2BR lockoffs as 2 bedroom units and ignores the 1BR and Studio components. So the only 1BR and Studios that have to come into the balancing equation are the Dedicated 1BR and Dedicated Studios which are a very small number. It appears that the point schedule will hold. For us, it will probably come down to just cutting our stays short by a day in the 1BRs we tend to book for each trip.

Sorry to be a bummer, but I didn't want anyone holding out hope that the schedule was bogus. It appears that we will see the increases in Studios and 1 Bedrooms that were posted on the previous page. Oh well.

On a side note, it does appear that the 2020 VWL point schedule I posted is indeed valid. I wasn't aware that Disney only counts 2BR lockoffs as 2 bedroom units and ignores the 1BR and Studio components. So the only 1BR and Studios that have to come into the balancing equation are the Dedicated 1BR and Dedicated Studios which are a very small number. It appears that the point schedule will hold. For us, it will probably come down to just cutting our stays short by a day in the 1BRs we tend to book for each trip.

Sorry to be a bummer, but I didn't want anyone holding out hope that the schedule was bogus. It appears that we will see the increases in Studios and 1 Bedrooms that were posted on the previous page. Oh well.
Doesn't affect us as much as many others, but it's still a bit of a raw deal. A move to help spread the overwhelming crowds to other times of the year? There can't be many left! pirate:

Doesn't affect us as much as many others, but it's still a bit of a raw deal. A move to help spread the overwhelming crowds to other times of the year? There can't be many left! pirate:

Actually, it seems that it is a more of a move to put a premium on Studios and 1BR villas. When booked separately they require many more points than a 2BR. Some are calling this a "Lock-off Premium" that Disney can do without worrying about the overall point balancing.

I'm quite sure it won't be a talking point for the DVC sales personnel. :rolleyes:

Actually, it seems that it is a more of a move to put a premium on Studios and 1BR villas. When booked separately they require many more points than a 2BR. Some are calling this a "Lock-off Premium" that Disney can do without worrying about the overall point balancing.

I'm quite sure it won't be a talking point for the DVC sales personnel. :rolleyes:
Agree. However, I'm curious as to why. What is the underlying motivation? Call my cynical ("You ARE cynical," she howls), but there must be a underpinning monetary reason, right?

Agree. However, I'm curious as to why. What is the underlying motivation? Call my cynical ("You ARE cynical," she howls), but there must be a underpinning monetary reason, right?

If more points are required and used to book the units than were actually sold to book them it leaves rooms open because there are no longer enough points to book them to 100% occupancy.

The silver lining in any cloud person who books studios (and 1BR's) says - "then it should be easier to book - it's ok that I'm paying more for the room and that those booking 2BR's are paying less!"
The cynic says - "then those villas are left for DVC to rent and since breakage income is always met this is all new profit money for DVC."

The cynic says - "then those villas are left for DVC to rent and since breakage income is always met this is all new profit money for DVC."

yeahthat.gif

I cannot think of any reason that putting a big premium on Studio and 1BR lockoffs is a benefit to members. Even the "glass half full" optimist that regularly books studios or 1BRs can't be happy that his/her typical visit to WDW just went up significantly point wise.

The only ones dancing for joy are the people who reserve 2BR villas for the two seasons affected. In the past when we only went in the summer, this would have been great for us. But we are now booking only 1BR for the foreseeable future.

Disney has done a brilliant job of finding a loophole in Florida timeshare laws. It's not enough to make me sell, but if they do something similar in 2021 point charts they may make it too "expensive" to book the 1BRs and studios. At that point I'd have to see if owning DVC still makes sense.

I am holding out hope that DVC will move points around again in 2021 to make 1Brs a better value since they can only change 20% of points at any given year...hoping it’s all part of a larger plan that’ll make more sense - but then again - you know the old saying - ‘IF WISHES WERE PONIES WE’D ALL HAVE RIDES’....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter