VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

That really stinks. When we bought in we bought enough points for a studio for 10 nights in early June. We no longer have enough points to do that without borrowing or pulling from our Vero contract. >:(

I think the 2020 point chart is not right. Here's a side-by-side comparison vs 2019 chart.

VWL 2020 vs 2019.JPG

How can point schedules go up in almost every room category in almost every season?

I think the schedule is messed up.

I think the 2020 point chart is not right. Here's a side-by-side comparison vs 2019 chart.

View attachment 370793

How can point schedules go up in almost every room category in almost every season?

I was studying the AKV chart and feel the same. We know that the overall number of points has to remain steady year to year, and while the bulk of the rooms are going up in, only a handful are going down, not enough to offset the rise. I'd love to see the whole picture verses just a glimpse as it seems as though Member Services miraculously pulled points out of thin air.

View attachment 370793

Oh - no, that doesn't seem like it could be correct. The last time they did this I completed a similar comparison chart to what you did here Granny and it was pretty obvious that there were comparable decreases to offset increases. This one might deserve a question to Member Satisfaction...…

Did you look at the CCV charts? Were they thinking they could still keep them the same? I did see someone posted that those changed too which is never a good thing IMO to be done before the resort is even sold out.

(FYI - I took a look and yes, they've kept kept the studios, 1BR's and 2BR's the same for CCV and VWL but of course CCV has Cabins and a few GV's - and they were mostly reduced. I don't see how it's possible for VWL and CCV to have adjusted identically for the smaller villas and for CCV to have reductions in the other categories and for VWL to actually remain neutral in points. I guess the Cabins and GV's are smaller categories but VWL has a much larger percentage of Villas that are 1BR's vs CCV and since those all went up it appears to be even worse. Something appears to be very funky with our new charts.)

Last edited:

I’ve read elsewhere that in the past Disney has released point schedules with numbers that ended up requiring fixing. I’m hoping the chart will be adjusted before anyone can start booking 2020 trips in a couple of months.
I asked this on another thread where Granny posted this very helpful comparison. If we were to break down the differences day by day instead of on a seasonal basis, would those numbers then balance? Some seasons have far more days in them than others, for example, Premier vs pretty much any other season. I don't know how they do their averaging and have never much cared since the increases were minimal. This one stinks.

Hi all. Yup, back from The World where we spent time with Granny and Mrs. Granny boosting the economy and enjoying the atmosphere. DiznyDi and I have been super busy since returning home in just catching up with home duties, preparing for Christmas festivities, and the like.

I just have to jump in here in commenting on the Storybook Dining at Artist Pallet. When checking in and commenting that we were disappointed in the loss of signature dining at The Lodge, we were informed that we would be delighted to know that their culinary team was "on point" and that all would be delighted in the dining offerings. Anyone check out the children's menu? I know my kids would not enjoy that much listed on the children's menu. I would think that for $33 charge, there would be more kid friendly stuff. I know my kids would never be fighting over the squash bisque, Hunter's pie with black truffles, or scrambling for the veggie steamed bun, let alone know what the ingredients listed were. And every kid I know looks forward to broccolini with their meal. So it looks like $33 for the fancy mac'n cheese. Jeese Louise.

storybook-dining-at-artist-point-with-snow-white-kids-menu-december-2018-2.jpg

I posted this on another thread but wanted to repost here:

So I just did some further calculations at VWL and I'll be reversing what I said as the increases/decreases are close enough IMO. Considering the number of dedicated studios and 1BR's and the 2BR units (both lock-off and dedicated) and seasons then per declarations it's very close.

But I'd still wonder about the heavy increase in point requirements to studios and 1BR's vs 2BR's. 1/2 of the 2BR units at VWL are lock-offs and I'd bet that they mostly book as separate 1 and 2BR's just from observations of how much more quickly the studios book overall plus the general tendency of people to indicate they prefer the dedicated 2BR's over lock-offs (we also do). So where there's always been a higher point requirement when the lock-offs are booked as studios and 1BR's vs being booked as a 2BR that is now going to take even more points out of the pool that were sold based on 2BR points but are being used under the higher cost studios/1BR's. Leaving rooms unbooked. Leaving more rooms for breakage. Leaving more income back to DVC because most resorts already top out at the breakage income that comes back to them and the excess goes to DVC.

So while technically the allocations do in fact appear to be quite close when you think of the increased point premium when booking studios/1BR's vs as a 2BR lockoff it appears to me that those who book the studios/1BRs are going to be adding to the DVC profits because of the limit on breakage income. Even assuming that everything came back to the resort budget then studio and 1BR stays that were in lock-offs would be subsidizing all other owners. It's always been that way but now it's skewed more assuming I'm not overlooking some nuance of it.​

Last edited:
We got some bad news yesterday and some good news yesterday. Ian's company was bought out by another company this year. He has always gotten a very nice profit sharing "bonus" in early December. We were worried that was going to end with the new company. It would be more than a minor wound pay cut - it would really hurt.

So he comes home yesterday and said he didn't know if we would still be able to pull off going on our just the two of us trip next December because he won't be getting his normal bonus then like normal. So - it looks like we won't be back next December like we thought. :(

Good news - the new company does give the same type of profit sharing bonus but they give it in March instead of December. So that is really good news. We just need to get used to and adjust with the timing of it. We will be back in December - just the two of us, just probably not next December.

I'm disappointed but not horribly so. First world problems, right? It is all going to work out and we will be back in December when we are meant to be back in December.

We got some bad news yesterday and some good news yesterday. Ian's company was bought out by another company this year. He has always gotten a very nice profit sharing "bonus" in early December. We were worried that was going to end with the new company. It would be more than a minor wound pay cut - it would really hurt.

So he comes home yesterday and said he didn't know if we would still be able to pull off going on our just the two of us trip next December because he won't be getting his normal bonus then like normal. So - it looks like we won't be back next December like we thought. :(

Good news - the new company does give the same type of profit sharing bonus but they give it in March instead of December. So that is really good news. We just need to get used to and adjust with the timing of it. We will be back in December - just the two of us, just probably not next December.

I'm disappointed but not horribly so. First world problems, right? It is all going to work out and we will be back in December when we are meant to be back in December.
I am happy to read your good news.

I am happy to read your good news.

Thanks. We were a bit worried about them not giving the bonus since he has always gotten it and it is considered part of his salary. Salary cuts hurt. I'm sad it doesn't look like we will be back next December, but trying very hard to stay positive. I was really looking forward to it I miss our lodge.

25882.jpg

So - as in 2020, BRV 2 beds are "subsidized"?
GREAT time to invite a SECOND COUPLE, rent points. I see a whole new class of rentals.... SHARED ACCOMMODATIONS.

Waiting to see these offered :). We could do this, with our dear son and DIL. I just hate WDW making me into a landlord :(.

At first glance, this seemed like tongue in cheek humor, but the more I studied the 2020 point charts, the more sense it made.

The Points for a lock off 2bdr and a dedicated 2bdr are the same. A 2bdr lock off studio, is a studio. A separate room. No interaction between the guests in both rooms is required at all. Of course, it would have to be family or a trusted friend occupying the other room, since both parties magic bands would open both rooms. But I can see circumstances where this could work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter