VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, Tammy and I have some news to share

We are waiting on ROFR on a contract for BWV. This all happened quickly, but I will share a little background as to why.

Last Fri. Tammy and me were walking, talking about so wishing we could stay at BWV during F&W, and not having the 11 mos. window has always hindered that. Its always exciting to talk this talk, but reality of it all kicks in when the finances play into it.

After looking at our finances, we realized if the right contract came along, meaning amount of pts. needed to bank and borrow(we like to go to F&W every other year), money spent, use year, etc., we could make the move. As I searched a few re-sale companies, it seems not many contracts were to be found that already didnt have sale pending.

Well all that changed Sun. AM when I find the ideal one, pts. just right, price just right, use year same as our current pts. So, Mon. AM I make the call, not expecting contract to still be there(BWV contracts moving in and out of inventory swift these days) and to shorten it(for your behalves)contract is on way with Dep.(soon to be in sellers hands)then ROFR.

I have to share F&W 11 mos window is a huge reason, but here lies an equal reason...we have found ourselves staying at resorts with lower pts., OKW mainly, and we love it there! But we so miss our stays at our 1st love, The Lodge. We usually get 3 weeks at of pts. a year, 2 in Oct. or Dec, 1 in Mar. or May. Even with the addition of BWV pts., no more time will factor in, as work wont allow me a lot more, but this opens the door for returning to VWL and not feeling bad about use of pts.

Does this make sense? As I mentioned in a post a day or so ago, I walk through the lobby of WL, on the way to the parking area, and feel guilty about not being there. Hope this changes soon;)
Congrats! How exciting for you guys! :thumbsup2 We keep missing out on an EPCOT resort for F&W, too, but we've decided to give up on F&W instead. lol If, and it's a big if, Poly ever comes around, we might have to take a look at adding on there. It's long been a favorite of luv, though VWL still remains our favorite. :love:

We are waiting on ROFR on a contract for BWV. This all happened quickly, but I will share a little background as to why.

Last Fri. Tammy and me were walking, talking about so wishing we could stay at BWV during F&W, and not having the 11 mos. window has always hindered that. Its always exciting to talk this talk, but reality of it all kicks in when the finances play into it.

After looking at our finances, we realized if the right contract came along, meaning amount of pts. needed to bank and borrow(we like to go to F&W every other year), money spent, use year, etc., we could make the move. As I searched a few re-sale companies, it seems not many contracts were to be found that already didnt have sale pending.

Well all that changed Sun. AM when I find the ideal one, pts. just right, price just right, use year same as our current pts. So, Mon. AM I make the call, not expecting contract to still be there(BWV contracts moving in and out of inventory swift these days) and to shorten it(for your behalves)contract is on way with Dep.(soon to be in sellers hands)then ROFR.

I have to share F&W 11 mos window is a huge reason, but here lies an equal reason...we have found ourselves staying at resorts with lower pts., OKW mainly, and we love it there! But we so miss our stays at our 1st love, The Lodge. We usually get 3 weeks at of pts. a year, 2 in Oct. or Dec, 1 in Mar. or May. Even with the addition of BWV pts., no more time will factor in, as work wont allow me a lot more, but this opens the door for returning to VWL and not feeling bad about use of pts.

Does this make sense? As I mentioned in a post a day or so ago, I walk through the lobby of WL, on the way to the parking area, and feel guilty about not being there. Hope this changes soon;)

Yay!!! Congrats Jimmy and Tammy! That is so exciting! When you purchased the first time, was it via resale or direct? This was our first time with ROFR and it was brutal. Maybe it was so bad because it was our first time and we REALLY wanted THIS contract. It was perfect, because we actually bought 2 contracts at once. One is for 100 points and one is for 25. We were only looking for 100, but figured if we couldn't handle the extra we could always rent them for extra cash or unload it. You guys all know how quickly small contracts go. And I am almost certain if the market keeps up this way we can make more on it than we spent.

And I also totally understand how you feel about the point useage. We only had 120 and always looked for economical ways to use them, staying where you really want rather than where you think you should will feel amazing! I'm looking forward to that as well :)

Anyway - I'm here for support if you need to vent about it along the way!!! We were so excited/anxious the whole time! Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

JimmyTammy -- HOW COOL!!!!!! That will be so much fun! Even though WL is the best, ;) it will be so great to be that close to Epcot! (And yummy restaurants!)

Hey -- here's a question.... next week is looking rainy in the forecast. Like 60 and 70% chance of thunderstorms. Tell me what that means in Orlando-speak.

Does that mean a chance of one here or there? Or does that mean a completely rainy day?

I don't know how to decipher the weather down there.

Thanks!:banana:

JimmyTammy -- HOW COOL!!!!!! That will be so much fun! Even though WL is the best, ;) it will be so great to be that close to Epcot! (And yummy restaurants!)

Hey -- here's a question.... next week is looking rainy in the forecast. Like 60 and 70% chance of thunderstorms. Tell me what that means in Orlando-speak.

Does that mean a chance of one here or there? Or does that mean a completely rainy day?

I don't know how to decipher the weather down there.

Thanks!:banana:
Generally speaking, Orlando and Disney almost always have a chance of t-storms during warmer weather. The day warms up and then the t-storms come in, normally after lunch. The odds are more that the rain will come and go with showers rather than a drenching downpour all day, although the latter does happen. I would guess your 60-70% chance means you will have some rain; hopefully, it will be in the form of on-again/off-again showers that will allow you time to take in most, if not all, of your planned activities. So, while I would plan for the rain (bring inexpensive ponchos--the ones at Disney run about $10), you are set for your trip and you can't control the weather, so enjoy!

Generally speaking, Orlando and Disney almost always have a chance of t-storms during warmer weather. The day warms up and then the t-storms come in, normally after lunch. The odds are more that the rain will come and go with showers rather than a drenching downpour all day, although the latter does happen. I would guess your 60-70% chance means you will have some rain; hopefully, it will be in the form of on-again/off-again showers that will allow you time to take in most, if not all, of your planned activities. So, while I would plan for the rain (bring inexpensive ponchos--the ones at Disney run about $10), you are set for your trip and you can't control the weather, so enjoy!

Hmmm... I heard the words "tropical system." Ugh. That seems a little more like more frequent rain.

Oh well.... we will have fun no matter what!

Does this make sense? As I mentioned in a post a day or so ago, I walk through the lobby of WL, on the way to the parking area, and feel guilty about not being there. Hope this changes soon;)[/QUOTE]

How wonderful JT,
Nah don't worry about feeling guilty. I actually think our gal (yep, I think of the lodge as a girl!!:goodvibes) really likes and understands our venturing out to new places. Sort of like when one goes to visit a sister in another place, while you would love for them to come see you, you're happy they are experiencing some thing new.

Ironically I just booked a 4 night stay at BW for 9/20-9/23. A good friend of mine just finished up some grueling PT after major surgery and what better way to work the kinks out of hip replacement than Disney :rolleyes1 Yes, we will use any excuse. We're actually going oop but with the 30% discount we got an halfway decent rate and I've got an ap. This will be my first time at BW, so I'll give you a report.

WOW, JT, Christmas in June for you and Tammy! :santa: Congratulations! I try for BC or BW at 7 months and am never successful, either. How very nice for you to have the 11 month booking window to schedule your trips!

Great news JimmyTammy! pixiedust: and lots of good thoughts for passing ROFR!

And:bday: CORRINE!!!!

Boy are you right Slydog. When I worked in West Palm Beach the storms would hit at around 3 or so. About 3X a week our night guy would have all the instruments loaded up and humming along and then BOOM goes the thunder and DOH goes the guy in that room. And we would all laugh. Except for the guy in that room.:rotfl:

Congrats Jimmy and Tammy! Food and wine, here they come!!:cool1:

sleepy(sly)dog:goodvibes
If there ever was one resort that I would love to stay, It would be Poly for sure beyond our beloved Lodge. But $400plus a night just doesnt bode well in my world, so hoping that DVC decides to add on there someday, I think it would work well there myself.

Eliza
What a nice way to put it, this way I get to spend more time with "our gal";)

And thanks for all the kind words as well from rusafee, bagsmom, DisznyDi, DisneyFreaks and Muushka!!

Being able to share this is so great with folks that understand, now comes the wait:hyper:

bagsmom
Im like Slydog, take ponchos, be prepared for worst, but typically rains in FL. may last an hour or so, then all done. Great thing about WDW, plenty of places to duck in and out of to avoid downpours and people tend to migrate out of the parks when rain comes, so thats a plus. Remember to take extra pair of shoes just in case.

So Sunday we decided of our first week we decided to take it easy and have no schedule, well since I try to go to church, I decided that I would attempt to find a church and attend.... in Paris.... in French. :faint: Yes, we can see where this story is going. I am Catholic by birth and since France is predominately Catholic some foggy part of my brain said..."No problem". Off I go to the most famous Catholic Church, Notre Dame. which is still a working Cathedral.

Notre Dame is impressive. She is huge and over 800 years old. massive arches and stain glass windows

Joan of Arc was canonized here (made a saint

And of course the famous gargoyles which will absolutely have to come alive and take flight before I EVER climb those stairs to the top again.

Have a great time Snoopygirl ! OKW was our first "home" resort---enjoy !!!

JT...wow....BWV....CONGRATS !!!!! I agree, having the perk of a BWV/BCV contract for F&W is the best !!!

bagsmom.....counting down !!!! Orlando tends not to get "all-day" rain, but June-Oct can be on the wet side especially between 2-5 pm. We carry ponchos at all times for those downpours ! My daughter is right now driving across FL. She and her fiance are relocating from Tallahassee (FSU grads) to Palm Coast and soon St Augustine. Been chatting with her all yesterday and today. The skies are black and it's torrential downpours. But Orlando is hanging in there ! Looks a bit overcast but not raining right now :
http://disneylivecams.com/

Great photos eliza.....just beautiful and such history.

Welcome to all the new groupies! And Andrew - I have a single, eligible niece currently working on her doctorate in Ohio. She also loves Disney and has made a couple of trips with us! ;)

Congrats on the BWV contract Jimmy - I hope you have a new resort to call home soon! We also own at more than just VWL although that was our very first home and is very dear to my heart. I'll say that I can still have some small pangs whenever we stay elsewhere at WDW but since every resort is unique we do enjoy them all. We call BWV home too after picking up resale and I will say it's extremely nice to know we can get our standard view or boardwalk view for F&W or any other time that we want to be close to Epcot. :thumbsup2

Lovely pictures Eliza! I've been fortunate to visit Paris twice and your pictures are bringing back great memories. :goodvibes

Wow - those pics Eliza :faint: Wonderful! I had no idea those gargoyles were so detailed, nor that there were so many. ND is on my to-do list... and not the mini-version at the University of Notre Dame, been there and it's BIG, but I'm sure the real thing makes the school's look quaint.

Did you notice, the alter boy seems to be wearing skateboard sneakers ... in church... during mass... at Notre dame! :rotfl2: (Come to think of it, maybe it has something to do with not slipping on all that marble)

WE PASSED!

So excited to be an owner at the BEST DVC peoperty there is! :cool1:

Ha Ha! I was right yesterday was the day! :cool1: Congratulations & Welcome Home!!! :yay:

Thank You for your Lovely Welcome Everyone.

Horeselover, I'm on the Fantasy in September and I am so looking forward to it.
You can let me know how great it is. :)

I have been on the Dream in 2011 and that was brilliant, and we were on the Wonder in 2010 also, we didn't get on CC on the Wonder Trip as the weather was bad.
We are at the WLV this September for 10 days and then Cruise on the 14th Sept and finishing our holiday at Disneys Vero Beach, which is our other Dvc Home.
We are so looking forward to our Hols this year as we had to cancel our Holiday and Cruise on October 2012. My Dad took ill and it turned out to be Cancer.
We have had a terrible last 6,mnths and my dad passed away on Dec21st, i miss him so much, so this is my Family and i trying to get a little happiness back into our lives.:)

Will do! We seem to be following the same DCL pattern. We sailed on the Dream last year & were on the Wonder in April. Looking forward to seeing the Fantasy & to try the longer cruise. The 4 day was too short. 5 days was just about right, but 7 days will be awesome! You will LOVE Castaway Cay. Heaven! :cloud9:

I'm so sorry for your loss. It seems especially hard when it comes at that time of year. I lost my sister 3 years ago in Dec. 2 days before our very first VWL Christmas trip. My boys had so been looking forward to the trip & I hated the thought of canceling. My mom insisted we go anyway so we did. It was so stressful. We flew down on a Thu. but I flew home on Sun for the wake & then flew back to WDW on Monday directly after the funeral to rejoin DH & the boys. Like angels sent from above as I was getting off the elevator on our 1st or 2nd day there in the VWL lobby were DiznyDi & DiznyDad waiting to embrace me with all their love & support. They made a very difficult time a little easier. Groupies truly are the best kind of people! :grouphug: I hope that time & your memories of your Dad will ease your pain.

Great pictures Eliza! :thumbsup2

JimmyTammy - congratulations on your soon to be BWV points! :cool1:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORRINE!!!

I have been on the Dream in 2011 and that was brilliant, and we were on the Wonder in 2010 also, we didn't get on CC on the Wonder Trip as the weather was bad.
We are at the WLV this September for 10 days and then Cruise on the 14th Sept and finishing our holiday at Disneys Vero Beach, which is our other Dvc Home.
We are so looking forward to our Hols this year as we had to cancel our Holiday and Cruise on October 2012. My Dad took ill and it turned out to be Cancer.
We have had a terrible last 6,mnths and my dad passed away on Dec21st, i miss him so much, so this is my Family and i trying to get a little happiness back into our lives.:)

I missed your post previously Callymum. Welcome to this wonderful group. I too am sorry to hear of your loss. I pray your trip will bring the happiness you and your family are seeking. Have a wonderful time. God Bless.

Jimmy~Thanks for the birthday wishes, and congrats on the BWV purchase!! :yay:

Eliza~stunning photos!!!!!!!!

Julie and DisneyFreaksthanks for the bday wishes!:goodvibes

So far my "birthday week" celebration has been great....I booked a long weekend in September to the AKV!!! My sister has been talking about visiting WDW again, and she loves the AK, so she asked if we could stay there. So we decided to do a quick sisters only weekend. :)

Corinne -- sisters only weekend... that sounds like tons o' fun!!!!

Two more sleeps for us. I can't staaaaaaaaand it!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter