VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lodge
as Muushka says, please forgive me if you have been welcomed before, we have had so many recent groupies to join us(no complaints, we love new groupies:thumbsup2)but just in case(and feel honored if so, you will be getting a double dose)...

Welcome to the groupies lodge!!!!

OK, I went to see my surgeon today and he did not make me the happiest of campers.

Frustrated, I am, but I know I have to be patient. Just having a little trouble keeping that thought in my head.

The doctor said it would most likely take a full 4 months for this to heal. He said it is worse than the hip!!! I won't be totally released until right before we leave for our Panama Canal cruise in September!

Oh, well. . . . moose dust for patience please, I know better than to pray for it!!!
Oh no Kathy....hoping and praying you have a full recovery very soon ! Thankfully you have your son and dil to help you with driving. Congrats to your eldest son on his graduation. Hang in there !!! Sending you a hug !!!!

lodge
as Muushka says, please forgive me if you have been welcomed before, we have had so many recent groupies to join us(no complaints, we love new groupies:thumbsup2)but just in case(and feel honored if so, you will be getting a double dose)...

Welcome to the groupies lodge!!!!

I third this !!!!

Muushka says : Official Groupie business!!!

My previous post has me thinking. I know that some like to call me Moose Mama.
Probably because I have been on the Groupie thread since inception.

But I have a proposal.
I want to nominate DiznyDi and DiznyDad to be our official Moose Mom and Moose Dad.

For those of us who have have had the opportunity to meet them, can you blame me??

All those in favor, say aye!
AYE here too....I have met both Di and Dad a few times and they are truly lovely people !!! But Muushka---I think you must be Co-chair Moose Mama !!!! You started our legacy and you are also a wonderful person who I am very glad I got to meet and hope to again in the future !!! xoxo

A resounding AYE!!! from me.

Barb, we can make something official on your part as well. Anyone want to chime in? Moose Angel (like the song Earth Angel) has a ring to it!
Yeah, Moose Angel! (Being a huge BTTF fan, I now have "Earth Angel" playing in my mind--thanks JT :rolleyes2)

OK, I went to see my surgeon today and he did not make me the happiest of campers.

He said I am healing and that I could now go to partial weight bearing on the right leg, but I am still attached to the walker and that I CANNOT drive yet!!!
You would not believe how busy my month of June is going to be. . . . our county fair starts Friday and being a board member I am supposed to be there every night, plus we have my high school girlfriends weekend the 21-23 and I am supposed to go to my oldest son's graduation the last Saturday of June from a special seminary type college class he has been in and that is a 4 hour drive.
My daughter in law is going to be busy, along with my son who has been my driver for the last month.

Frustrated, I am, but I know I have to be patient. Just having a little trouble keeping that thought in my head.

The doctor said it would most likely take a full 4 months for this to heal. He said it is worse than the hip!!! I won't be totally released until right before we leave for our Panama Canal cruise in September!

Oh, well. . . . moose dust for patience please, I know better than to pray for it!!!

Hang in their Kathy, I can so feel your pain. My knee took a full year to really heal. :mad::mad: I got so sick of my doctor spouting that 3-4 month thing. I wanted to scream. and isn't not driving the worst.

Those days before WDW are FULL of high anticipation.... LOVE that time (and arrival, of course!)

Official Groupie business!!!

But I have a proposal.
I want to nominate DiznyDi and DiznyDad to be our official Moose Mom and Moose Dad.:flower3:

For those of us who have have had the opportunity to meet them, can you blame me??;)

Oooh, our first official groupie proposal and vote. A resounding AYE!!! from me.

OK JT and Sly, I'm not too sure about the Moose Angel, but nice try!:thumbsup2

We'll wait for the nominated Mom and Dad to make an appearance and make a motion to make it official!
Lots of ayes!!:goodvibes

In the meantime, I am packing! We leave tomorrow
(providing the tropical storm that is heading to NC doesn't mess us up)

We will be at Bonnet Creek for 6 nights.
Then drive over to Port Canaveral for the meet up with the fam on Friday night to board the Fantasy on Saturday!:cheer2:

This is our first time on the new ships. Very excited.
Plus we will be with our 3 nieces (9, 9, 11) who are a ton of fun.
And brother and sister, spouses, Chuck's dad and his wife. pirate:

Though I've never met either, if you think they'd be a good Moose Mom and Dad, then I give you a hearty AYE! :thumbsup2

Same here, but hopefully at some point I will start being able to start meeting some Groupies! :thumbsup2

But, of course - I still say AYE ;)

We'll wait for the nominated Mom and Dad to make an appearance and make a motion to make it official!

Then drive over to Port Canaveral for the meet up with the fam on Friday night to board the Fantasy on Saturday!:cheer2:

Ahhh, so exciting!!!!!!! I am jealous! :cool1:

I miss the Fantasy so much, it is AMAZING! Have a great time! :cool1:

Sly says Moose Angel is a good moniker. So does Sly's best gal. Not sure why Sly is referring to himself in the third person, however. . .

Haven't been on the Fantasy, but we sailed her sister ship last September (and will again in a month) and loved it. The family areas tend to get a bit crowded, but we spent most of our time in other parts of the ship or on Castaway Cay. Don't know if you're planning on doing either Palo or Remy, but we highly recommend both. . .especially Remy.

Just a quick check in -- probably the last before we leave VEEEEERRRRY early tomorrow. We want to try to beat the rush hour traffic, since we have to go through Atlanta right off the bat.

I've been cleaning like a madwoman -- everything is looking nice and tidy! The kitchen looks good and now I don't know what to cook for supper.... I don't want to mess it up.

We have piles of suitcases stacked on the way down to the garage -- storage bins of food and room supplies.... I'm not sure it's all going to fit in the van. We may have to strap the kids to the roof. We could put swim goggles on them so bugs don't get in their eyes! :rotfl:

We are keeping an eye on Andrea. I think the major stuff will be through by -- Saturday? Maybe?

Here's a rundown of our plans:
Friday -- arrive at the Contemporary, swim, eat, go to the MK for fireworks and the TT dessert party!

Saturday -- sleep in if we want and walk over to the MK for a few hours till we can check in at the Lodge.

Sunday -- Epcot with dinner reservations at Rose and Crown -- hopefully we
ll get that coveted outdoor seating for Illuminations!

Monday -- Blizzard Beach till early afternoon --evening, mini-golf or go check out AKL.

Tuesday -- MK day -- back in evening for the EL parade.

Wednesday -- day off. Play around FW and go to the Hoop Dee Doo!

Thursday -- MK early hours day. Probably be done by 2:00. Might try to have lunch at Be Our Guest. It's our anniversary!!!!!!! Evening -- chill on the beach -- maybe picnic by the pool for dinner.

Friday -- Hollywood Studios -- dinner at Sci Fi -- stay for Fantasmic if the weather cooperates.

Saturday -- go back home. Be in a deep depression. :rotfl:

Thanks to all for all the advice and wonderful wishes!

Bagsmom - I'm crossing my fingers for you that Andrea blows thru FL really really fast!

Sly says Moose Angel is a good moniker. So does Sly's best gal. Not sure why Sly is referring to himself in the third person, however. . .

Shoot - if I could refer to myself as SLY I'd talk in the third person too! :rotfl:

bagsmom: Have a wonderful trip! Love your plans, though I'd check out AKL instead of doing mini-golf. One absolutely must do Expedition Everest at least once while at the World!

KAT: Blame JT and Muush for Sly's name. . .:lmao:

Bagsmom....I want to go with you--your plans look so fun !!!!
My daughter is in the middle of Andrea now and she's says it's bad ! Hope it blows out of there for you !!!!!! Have a great trip !!!!!

Same here, but hopefully at some point I will start being able to start meeting some Groupies! :thumbsup2

But, of course - I still say AYE ;)

Ahhh, so exciting!!!!!!! I am jealous! :cool1:

I miss the Fantasy so much, it is AMAZING! Have a great time! :cool1:

Really, on this thread there are a ton of wonderful people, ones that you can't wait to meet in person.
I'm sure a Groupie meet is in your future!

Thank you for the good cruise wishes :goodvibes

Haven't been on the Fantasy, but we sailed her sister ship last September (and will again in a month) and loved it. The family areas tend to get a bit crowded, but we spent most of our time in other parts of the ship or on Castaway Cay. Don't know if you're planning on doing either Palo or Remy, but we highly recommend both. . .especially Remy.

Oh Sly. That would be a great tag! Sly, who refers to himself in the 3rd person :lmao:

When we were at 90 days out, that night, we called and got Palo brunch and dinner.
We didn't do Remy, couldn't justify the cost. Frugal? Cheap? You be the judge!

Moose Angel.
Doesn't it kind of sound like I have assumed room temperature??:lmao:

Just a quick check in -- probably the last before we leave VEEEEERRRRY early tomorrow. We want to try to beat the rush hour traffic, since we have to go through Atlanta right off the bat.

I've been cleaning like a madwoman -- everything is looking nice and tidy! The kitchen looks good and now I don't know what to cook for supper.... I don't want to mess it up.

We have piles of suitcases stacked on the way down to the garage -- storage bins of food and room supplies.... I'm not sure it's all going to fit in the van. We may have to strap the kids to the roof. We could put swim goggles on them so bugs don't get in their eyes! :rotfl:

We are keeping an eye on Andrea. I think the major stuff will be through by -- Saturday? Maybe?

Here's a rundown of our plans:
Friday -- arrive at the Contemporary, swim, eat, go to the MK for fireworks and the TT dessert party!

Saturday -- sleep in if we want and walk over to the MK for a few hours till we can check in at the Lodge.

Sunday -- Epcot with dinner reservations at Rose and Crown -- hopefully we
ll get that coveted outdoor seating for Illuminations!

Monday -- Blizzard Beach till early afternoon --evening, mini-golf or go check out AKL.

Tuesday -- MK day -- back in evening for the EL parade.

Wednesday -- day off. Play around FW and go to the Hoop Dee Doo!

Thursday -- MK early hours day. Probably be done by 2:00. Might try to have lunch at Be Our Guest. It's our anniversary!!!!!!! Evening -- chill on the beach -- maybe picnic by the pool for dinner.

Friday -- Hollywood Studios -- dinner at Sci Fi -- stay for Fantasmic if the weather cooperates.

Saturday -- go back home. Be in a deep depression. :rotfl:

Thanks to all for all the advice and wonderful wishes!

have a great trip. what is it with us cleaners. I always clean the house before I leave on vacation. The old guy could never figure it out. :hyper:

have a great trip. what is it with us cleaners. I always clean the house before I leave on vacation. The old guy could never figure it out. :hyper:

My Mom always said it was in case we didn't make it back :scared: but I like to do it because it is nice to come home to a clean house. (I wish I could say I am a great housekeeper all the time, but I'd be lying!)

We'll be hitting the road in a few hours!!!! (More than a few, but it's more fun to think of it that way.) :drive:

I am sort of nervous about the tropical storm. But the weather report does take it away in a few days. I think that most of our days there will just be regular summertime Florida rain.

Well, unless I get back on here later tonight, this is bye from me! :wave2:

Well, you probably won't see this until you get back - so I hope you had the most magical amazing trip ever Bagsmom! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the lodge and hear all about it/see pictures!! pixiedust:

Eliza - Another crazy pre-vacation cleaner here too! :thumbsup2 I hate coming home to a dirty house. We have a countdown to vacation ritual... the week before I write down every meal we are having for dinner to use up what's in the fridge, but leave the night before we leave open for us to either go out for our 'yay! vacation has begun" dinner or do take out.

Muush - I was too cheap for Remy too, but we did Palo for brunch on the Magic and O-M-G it was amazing. You won't be disappointed. They were food pushers in there, I'll tell you! Everytime I would try to refuse another bite, our server would come from the kitchen with something that they were making to order that we just had to try. Can't wait to hear all about your trip too!

All you guys with your vacations is making me jealous! I have NOTHING planned, and that is so unlike me! I usually have 2 planned at any time. :lmao: I don't like not having something to look forward to when my trip comes to an end. :crazy2: That way you're never sad on your last day! :thumbsup2

Hang in there, Kathy! I have a friend who is recovering from back surgery and she is being a terrible patient with no patience! I know it is so frustrating to really want to get back into the full swing of life -- but having to go sloooooooowwwww. Take it easy!

You know, the older I get, the more I understand what older people mean when they say "if you have your health, you have everything!"

My mom always said getting old was not fun, but I really thought I had a few more years to go. I never felt old until now, and I know old is kinda a state of mind, so I guess once I get rid of this walker, I will revert back ( a girl can dream right!! )

twokats
With that walker still in action, I think folks might excuse you, esp. the fair, if you went say MIA:thumbsup2 Godspeed on recovery

They have been really great, because we all share set-up and all I had to do was some labels on a machine that I am the only one who knows how to work. I know they will accept whatever I can reasonably give.

Moose Dust your way Kathy! I am a very stubborn person, so being told I can't do something ... well, it doesn't go over well. :lmao: I know how hard it can be - so hang in there! You'll be better before you know it, and it will be cruise time! :cool1:

I was determined to drive no matter what he said, but I am so afraid of a setback and our cruise is in September, so I do not want to jeopardize that.

Oh Kathy, it must be so disappointing. I am so sorry. But that is great news that it is healing.
May the time that you are dependent on others be a time of grace and love for all involved.:hug:

That has been the hardest is being dependent on others. I am usually the one that takes care of everyone else, and the longest hospital stay I ever had before was 3 days. This has been a very humbling experience.

But I have a proposal.
I want to nominate DiznyDi and DiznyDad to be our official Moose Mom and Moose Dad.:flower3:

For those of us who have have had the opportunity to meet them, can you blame me??;)

AYE!!!

And I think we will be soaking wet!!!!! :lmao:
Oh well, who cares! We'll be in Disney world!
We have reservations for the TT dessert party. That could be interesting! Eating ooey gooey treats with rain dripping off our ponchos.....:rotfl:
Do they still do fireworks in the rain?

Back in '09, it was iffy because of rain and we had been waiting quite a while and just about the time it was supposed to start, it was lightly raining and the fireworks were cancelled.

Oh no Kathy....hoping and praying you have a full recovery very soon ! Thankfully you have your son and dil to help you with driving. Congrats to your eldest son on his graduation. Hang in there !!! Sending you a hug !!!!

Thank you so much, I always feel better with Groupies best wishes!!

AYE here too....I have met both Di and Dad a few times and they are truly lovely people !!! But Muushka---I think you must be Co-chair Moose Mama !!!! You started our legacy and you are also a wonderful person who I am very glad I got to meet and hope to again in the future !!! xoxo

I also give a yes vote to this idea also!!!

Hang in their Kathy, I can so feel your pain. My knee took a full year to really heal. :mad::mad: I got so sick of my doctor spouting that 3-4 month thing. I wanted to scream. and isn't not driving the worst.

I even promised the surgeon that I would not overdo the driving and it would just be a little and all he would say is "I would not recommend it!" I was so set on at least driving, I know I am stuck with the walker for a while and I accept that, even though it is what makes me feel so OLD!

The Fantasy is the ship DH and I were on last May for our Western anniversary celebration and we loved it. We will be on it again next April to celebrate DH's birthday and retirement. Just enjoy the ship, the detective agency game is really fun. . . all three of them!

Really, on this thread there are a ton of wonderful people, ones that you can't wait to meet in person.
I'm sure a Groupie meet is in your future!

Oh Sly. That would be a great tag! Sly, who refers to himself in the 3rd person :lmao:

When we were at 90 days out, that night, we called and got Palo brunch and dinner.
We didn't do Remy, couldn't justify the cost. Frugal? Cheap? You be the judge!

Moose Angel.
Doesn't it kind of sound like I have assumed room temperature??:lmao:

I agree, Groupie meets need to be in everyone's future, whenever they can be arranged.

Sly, who refers to himself in the 3rd person, has kind of a nice ring to it!!

Have done Palo, but like you cannot justify the cost of Remy!!

What a chatty group! :goodvibes
I was on the thread yesterday morning - and that was 3 pages ago! I just read and got caught up, so let's see how much I remember:

rusafee if I didn't congratulate you on your new WL points - I think I did - but just in case, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you're able to use them prior to December 2014. Like the others, I've never had a problem booking with the 11 month window. It's usually several days into the window that I book, not the first day. This year I was able to 'adjust' my points at the 7 month window for our December trip.

Happy Birthday Corrine! party: I love Maria's graphic! Sending you more of those wonderful balloons! Enjoy your day!

So sorry Kathy that your Dr's report wasn't what you were wanting to hear. Moosedust for that elusive patience - and a prayer or two too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're back in tip top shape ready for that trip in September - just don't slip on the deck!

Our sympathies to you callymum on the loss of your dad. We lost my dad 4 years ago to cancer, too. In the blink of an eye he was gone. I still miss him every day and keep his photo near my computer in my sewing room; sort of like he's watching over me. It will get easier as time goes by.

And yes, Julie I remember when your sister died and how badly all of us felt. Such a pull on your heart wanting to do the right thing and not disappoint anyone. God uses people when you least expect it. He placed us there, at that time, at that place. Not just for you, but for us too. We needed to let you know that you had support and 'family' that would help shoulder your burden. You weren't alone.

I'll 2nd Muush's comment; lodge if you're new to the thread, WELCOME, and if not, then nice to have you back! :)

bagsmom can you believe it - the time is finally here! You'll be in WDW tomorrow! Your plans sound wonderful! You've had good advice; don't forget the poncho's and a change of shoes. I personally always carry a change of socks too. I hate wet socks..... Don't forget to take lots of pictures. We like pictures!

Speaking of pictures, Eliza so happy to see your photos of Notre Dame! Were you able to talk inside the cathedral? When visiting the big Domes - as they're called in Germany - we were asked not to speak. We were able to hear the organist practice for Sunday service. Oh my how that organ echoed through that massive structure. Lifetime memories!

OK. Now to the 'Official' business at hand: DDad and I are honored and humbled with the request and your responses! And really don't know quite how to respond to such a grand gesture. Muush, you've always been the Mama Moose. I like Maria's suggestion to Co-Mama, but I like Moose Angel too. So, you decide.

Sly, who refers to himself in the third person :lmao: too funny!

But I have a proposal.

Aye!

I third this !!!!

And Aye! to this too!

Bon Voyage Muushka & Bagsmom! Wishing you both magical trips! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Kathy - hang in there. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :hug:

What a chatty group! :goodvibes
I was on the thread yesterday morning - and that was 3 pages ago! I just read and got caught up, so let's see how much I remember:

So sorry Kathy that your Dr's report wasn't what you were wanting to hear. Moosedust for that elusive patience - and a prayer or two too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're back in tip top shape ready for that trip in September - just don't slip on the deck!

OK. Now to the 'Official' business at hand: DDad and I are honored and humbled with the request and your responses! And really don't know quite how to respond to such a grand gesture. Muush, you've always been the Mama Moose. I like Maria's suggestion to Co-Mama, but I like Moose Angel too. So, you decide.

You are right, it has been a busy group lately.

I don't know why I am not so patient now. When I was in Rehab, I guess I knew I couldn't do anything else but wait, but the main thing that kept me going was that in the hospital the surgeon had said 4-6 weeks, just did not expect any more to be added to it.

Di, all I can say is that ever since I joined this thread, you two and Barb, along with a select few others have always been here! So as far as I am concerned go along with the flow.

horselover

I am so trying to hang in there. I am trying oh so hard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter