VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE PASSED! :dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:
So excited to be an owner at the BEST DVC peoperty there is! :cool1:
:
Congrats :cool1: Welcome Home :cool1:

A special thank you goes out to Teapot for the offer to adopt me :) . If your daughters are as passionate about the WL as we are, and happen to still be single, be sure to tell them that an eligible WL-fanatic bachelor exists on the east side of Cleveland, OH (provided that they can stomach the cold winters).

Andrew -- I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories! Your Disney Love just oozes out of your posts!

If you attend a groupie meet, you might have all sorts of Mama Bears parading their eligible Disney-phile daughters!
Hold out for a lady who loves Disney as much as you do and you'll be able to go a lot. My DH doesn't see that going to Disney is a high priority -- more so than saving for college, for example. :rotfl: Or buying groceries.... I could put a Disney trip above eating.... He just doesn't get it!:lmao:

OK OK who said "Parading" and besides 2 out of my 3 DD are engaged ;)
Still very good advice :thumbsup2

Folks, Tammy and I have some news to share

Well all that changed Sun. AM when I find the ideal one, pts. just right, price just right, use year same as our current pts. So, Mon. AM I make the call, not expecting contract to still be there(BWV contracts moving in and out of inventory swift these days) and to shorten it(for your behalves)contract is on way with Dep.(soon to be in sellers hands)then ROFR.
I have to share F&W 11 mos window is a huge reason, but here lies an equal reason...we have found ourselves staying at resorts with lower pts., OKW mainly, and we love it there! But we so miss our stays at our 1st love, The Lodge. We usually get 3 weeks at of pts. a year, 2 in Oct. or Dec, 1 in Mar. or May. Even with the addition of BWV pts., no more time will factor in, as work wont allow me a lot more, but this opens the door for returning to VWL and not feeling bad about use of pts.
Does this make sense? As I mentioned in a post a day or so ago, I walk through the lobby of WL, on the way to the parking area, and feel guilty about not being there. Hope this changes soon;)

It Make sense to us Jimmy :)
Most of our points are at SSR which we use for larger family trips
at varied DVC resorts but we have smaller contracts
at our favorites to take advantage of the 11 month booking
this way we can usually get into the VWL at Christmas and BC at flower/garden or food/wine.
:woohoo: Congrats! :woohoo::

[
So far my "birthday week" celebration has been great....I booked a long weekend in September to the AKV!!! My sister has been talking about visiting WDW again, and she loves the AK, so she asked if we could stay there. So we decided to do a quick sisters only weekend. :)

Happy Birthday Corinne

images

Girls only Disney trips are the best
esp in Sept still warm and less crowded

OK Groupies - now that I will officially be an owner at VWL, how hard is it to book for early Dec at 11 months out? :confused3

That was the main reason we bought, because of the 11 month window, mainly for Christmas trips. How tough is it? Is it 'be online exactly at 8am exactly 11 months before' hard? Or is it 'You'll be mostly fine as long as you book before the 7 month window' hard?

What about other times of year? popcorn::

We had only owned at AKV, and I find it easy to book most times of year. There's almost always availabilty, with the exception of trying to book at busy travel times only a few months out, and it's limited availability pretty much everywhere at that point....

Happy Birthday Corrine!!!!

Hope it was a good one!

Folks, Tammy and I have some news to share

We are waiting on ROFR on a contract for BWV. This all happened quickly, but I will share a little background as to why.

Last Fri. Tammy and me were walking, talking about so wishing we could stay at BWV during F&W, and not having the 11 mos. window has always hindered that. Its always exciting to talk this talk, but reality of it all kicks in when the finances play into it.

After looking at our finances, we realized if the right contract came along, meaning amount of pts. needed to bank and borrow(we like to go to F&W every other year), money spent, use year, etc., we could make the move. As I searched a few re-sale companies, it seems not many contracts were to be found that already didnt have sale pending.

Well all that changed Sun. AM when I find the ideal one, pts. just right, price just right, use year same as our current pts. So, Mon. AM I make the call, not expecting contract to still be there(BWV contracts moving in and out of inventory swift these days) and to shorten it(for your behalves)contract is on way with Dep.(soon to be in sellers hands)then ROFR.

I have to share F&W 11 mos window is a huge reason, but here lies an equal reason...we have found ourselves staying at resorts with lower pts., OKW mainly, and we love it there! But we so miss our stays at our 1st love, The Lodge. We usually get 3 weeks at of pts. a year, 2 in Oct. or Dec, 1 in Mar. or May. Even with the addition of BWV pts., no more time will factor in, as work wont allow me a lot more, but this opens the door for returning to VWL and not feeling bad about use of pts.

Does this make sense? As I mentioned in a post a day or so ago, I walk through the lobby of WL, on the way to the parking area, and feel guilty about not being there. Hope this changes soon;)

That is the reason DH bought the AKL contract for me, (just not F & W) but to have the 11 month advantage for the concierge level in Jambo. We were there back in 2009 and took the Sunrise Safari which you have to be booked in the club level to be able to go and we want Kati to experience it. Plus it is a really cool floor to be on. We are going to be there in April for the night before our Fantasy cruise, but it is not a night that they do the safari on, so we will have to stay there again. No problem as far as I am concerned!!!

OK Groupies - now that I will officially be an owner at VWL, how hard is it to book for early Dec at 11 months out? :confused3

That was the main reason we bought, because of the 11 month window, mainly for Christmas trips. How tough is it? Is it 'be online exactly at 8am exactly 11 months before' hard? Or is it 'You'll be mostly fine as long as you book before the 7 month window' hard?

We had only owned at AKV, and I find it easy to book most times of year. There's almost always availabilty, with the exception of trying to book at busy travel times only a few months out, and it's limited availability pretty much everywhere at that point....

I had no problem booking at the 11 month for this years Dec visit. I did it on the day, but I did not get up extra early or anything, just did it when I turned my computer on that day which was probably 9 or 10 my time and I am an hour behind Florida.

OK, I went to see my surgeon today and he did not make me the happiest of campers.

He said I am healing and that I could now go to partial weight bearing on the right leg, but I am still attached to the walker and that I CANNOT drive yet!!!
You would not believe how busy my month of June is going to be. . . . our county fair starts Friday and being a board member I am supposed to be there every night, plus we have my high school girlfriends weekend the 21-23 and I am supposed to go to my oldest son's graduation the last Saturday of June from a special seminary type college class he has been in and that is a 4 hour drive.
My daughter in law is going to be busy, along with my son who has been my driver for the last month.

Frustrated, I am, but I know I have to be patient. Just having a little trouble keeping that thought in my head.

The doctor said it would most likely take a full 4 months for this to heal. He said it is worse than the hip!!! I won't be totally released until right before we leave for our Panama Canal cruise in September!

Oh, well. . . . moose dust for patience please, I know better than to pray for it!!!

I didn't have any trouble booking at 11 months, but I did get online first thing. I was too nervous. Ha! I think it also depends which week in Dec you're trying to book.

Callymum.....when in Sept are you on the Fantasy ??!!! Me too !!! Sept 14-21 :cool1:

Rusafee--BIG CONGRATS and WELCOME HOME !

party:Happy Birthday Corrine! party:

Congrats on your new home! :cheer2: You shouldn't have to be online right at 8am for early December. It varies a bit depending on the room size and there will almost certainly get to be missing days prior to the 7 months mark but you shouldn't have a problem if you plan on booking early. At least that is what I saw while keeping an eye on it for the past two December bookings.

OK, I went to see my surgeon today and he did not make me the happiest of campers.

He said I am healing and that I could now go to partial weight bearing on the right leg, but I am still attached to the walker and that I CANNOT drive yet!!!
You would not believe how busy my month of June is going to be. . . . our county fair starts Friday and being a board member I am supposed to be there every night, plus we have my high school girlfriends weekend the 21-23 and I am supposed to go to my oldest son's graduation the last Saturday of June from a special seminary type college class he has been in and that is a 4 hour drive.
My daughter in law is going to be busy, along with my son who has been my driver for the last month.

Frustrated, I am, but I know I have to be patient. Just having a little trouble keeping that thought in my head.

The doctor said it would most likely take a full 4 months for this to heal. He said it is worse than the hip!!! I won't be totally released until right before we leave for our Panama Canal cruise in September!

Oh, well. . . . moose dust for patience please, I know better than to pray for it!!!

Hang in there, Kathy! I have a friend who is recovering from back surgery and she is being a terrible patient with no patience! I know it is so frustrating to really want to get back into the full swing of life -- but having to go sloooooooowwwww. Take it easy!

You know, the older I get, the more I understand what older people mean when they say "if you have your health, you have everything!"

twokats
With that walker still in action, I think folks might excuse you, esp. the fair, if you went say MIA:thumbsup2 Godspeed on recovery

rusafee
We always try to book VWL on the day of the 11 mos. mark, but thats just us. Bear in mind, there are only 137 rooms, so its smallest at WDW, therefore, we like the advantage of 11 mos mark(and as stated before)we are going to start taking advantage of it again very soon!!

Thanks for all the info on booking, and all the Welcome Home's! We are so thrilled to be able to have pulled this off. If I can say anything about myself, it's that I am determined. ;) Maybe to a fault. :rotfl2:

Moose Dust your way Kathy! I am a very stubborn person, so being told I can't do something ... well, it doesn't go over well. :lmao: I know how hard it can be - so hang in there! You'll be better before you know it, and it will be cruise time! :cool1:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORINNE !!!!​

Happy birthday Corinne! I hope you had a fabulous day!!! :dance3:

Two more sleeps for us. I can't staaaaaaaaand it!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

You'll be in WDW TOMORROW!!!! Ahhhhhh!! So exciting!

:yay::dance3::cheer2::woohoo::cool1:

Those days before WDW are FULL of high anticipation.... LOVE that time (and arrival, of course!)

Those days before WDW are FULL of high anticipation.... LOVE that time (and arrival, of course!)

Hi Lodge :wave: Forgive me, but are you a brandy new Groupie or have you visited before?
I love that this thread is so active that this can happen!
If you are new, welcome! If not, Good to see you again!! ;)

Oh Kathy, it must be so disappointing. I am so sorry. But that is great news that it is healing.
May the time that you are dependent on others be a time of grace and love for all involved.:hug:

Ha Ha! I was right yesterday was the day! :cool1: Congratulations & Welcome Home!!! :yay:

Will do! We seem to be following the same DCL pattern. We sailed on the Dream last year & were on the Wonder in April. Looking forward to seeing the Fantasy & to try the longer cruise. The 4 day was too short. 5 days was just about right, but 7 days will be awesome! You will LOVE Castaway Cay. Heaven! :cloud9:

I'm so sorry for your loss. It seems especially hard when it comes at that time of year. I lost my sister 3 years ago in Dec. 2 days before our very first VWL Christmas trip. My boys had so been looking forward to the trip & I hated the thought of canceling. My mom insisted we go anyway so we did. It was so stressful. We flew down on a Thu. but I flew home on Sun for the wake & then flew back to WDW on Monday directly after the funeral to rejoin DH & the boys. Like angels sent from above as I was getting off the elevator on our 1st or 2nd day there in the VWL lobby were DiznyDi & DiznyDad waiting to embrace me with all their love & support. They made a very difficult time a little easier. Groupies truly are the best kind of people! :grouphug: I hope that time & your memories of your Dad will ease your pain.

Great pictures Eliza! :thumbsup2

JimmyTammy - congratulations on your soon to be BWV points! :cool1:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORRINE!!!

HL, I have never heard that story of your return to WL and our beloved Di and Dad.
For those of you who are new to this board, you have not joined a thread. You have joined a family.:goodvibes

Jimmy~Thanks for the birthday wishes, and congrats on the BWV purchase!! :yay:

Eliza~stunning photos!!!!!!!!

Julie and DisneyFreaksthanks for the bday wishes!:goodvibes

So far my "birthday week" celebration has been great....I booked a long weekend in September to the AKV!!! My sister has been talking about visiting WDW again, and she loves the AK, so she asked if we could stay there. So we decided to do a quick sisters only weekend. :)

:cheer2::cheer2: Happy Birthday Corrine!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

What an awesome birthday week future trip with your sister!!!
And lunch will be :confused3:confused3:thumbsup2

HL, I have never heard that story of your return to WL and our beloved Di and Dad.
For those of you who are new to this board, you have not joined a thread. You have joined a family.:goodvibes

Agreed. :grouphug: This story is so sweet, it brought a tear to my eye when I was on the trolly coming home from work. So sorry for your loss Julie, that is awful. :guilty: I'm glad that you had a support system there for you, even so far away from home. :hug:

Official Groupie business!!!

My previous post has me thinking. I know that some like to call me Moose Mama.
Probably because I have been on the Groupie thread since inception.

But I have a proposal.
I want to nominate DiznyDi and DiznyDad to be our official Moose Mom and Moose Dad.:flower3:

For those of us who have have had the opportunity to meet them, can you blame me??;)

All those in favor, say aye!

You'll be in WDW TOMORROW!!!! Ahhhhhh!! So exciting!

:yay::dance3::cheer2::woohoo::cool1:[/QUOTE]

And I think we will be soaking wet!!!!! :lmao:

Oh well, who cares! We'll be in Disney world!

We have reservations for the TT dessert party. That could be interesting! Eating ooey gooey treats with rain dripping off our ponchos.....:rotfl:

Do they still do fireworks in the rain?

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME BAGSMOM!! pixiedust: I AM SOOOO ENVIOUS. CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR TRIP REPORT. HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY! :wave2:

But I have a proposal.
I want to nominate DiznyDi and DiznyDad to be our official Moose Mom and Moose Dad.:flower3:

For those of us who have have had the opportunity to meet them, can you blame me??;)

Though I've never met either, if you think they'd be a good Moose Mom and Dad, then I give you a hearty AYE! :thumbsup2

But I have a proposal.

A resounding AYE!!! from me.

Barb, we can make something official on your part as well. Anyone want to chime in? Moose Angel (like the song Earth Angel) has a ring to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter