Waikiki to Aulani. What to see/ do on the way.

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of stopping by the Lyon Arboretem on our way from Waikiki to Aulani . We dont want to get to Aulani until around noon so we are looking for sites or activiites along the way, besides Pearl Harbor which we have planned for a different day. Any suggestions for 5 adults?

Go to Tantalus Lookout - the views are amazing plus a short drive away is National Memorial Cemetary if the Pacific.

What day of the week? The Swap Meet is an option, but its only open on certain days. I'd also stop at the Leonard's malasada truck which is right off the highway on the way to Aulani.

This will be a Tuesday
Ah, ok. The Swap Meet is only open Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays when there's no football game.

Anna Miller's is a 24 hour restaurant near Pearl Harbor on the way to Aulani. John & Kevin from the Dis Unplugged podcast rave about it, and we thought it was very good and the cheapest meal of the trip! It's a diner type place and they're known for their pies.

It is advised that you do not leave any of your bags alone in the car. There are many break ins and thefts in Oahu. People even report that they go into a store on the way to the airport and their bags are taken. I would drop your bags off and check in first. Then go sightseeing. It is backtracking but that is better then having all of your stuff stolen on your first day.

It is advised that you do not leave any of your bags alone in the car. There are many break ins and thefts in Oahu. People even report that they go into a store on the way to the airport and their bags are taken. I would drop your bags off and check in first. Then go sightseeing. It is backtracking but that is better then having all of your stuff stolen on your first day.
We have read the same and have decided to stop at Pearl Harbor after flying in from Maui. They have a bag check to store luggage so nothing will be left in car.

Are you sure it can hold luggage? My impression was it was for small bags and purses

Are you sure it can hold luggage? My impression was it was for small bags and purses

Yes, this is from Pearl Harbor website on bag policy: There is a fee of $5 per bag for all sizes, including luggage. Storage is available daily from 6:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter