wait, what? it's another trip to disney! Sept 2014 FINAL UPDATE 1-28

YAY!!! LOVE HS!!!
There is the picture of you and Terry!!! FINALLY! :lmao:

Going to try 50's Prime Time NEXT TIME! i swear i have to!!!

I think I'm in the minority saying TSM isn't my favorite. I mean, it's cute and all, but I would never wait loads of time for it. I think Buzz Lightyear is just as fun.

Like I said, I know I'm in the minority here...

I love Prime Time too but the last 2 times we went we had dud waiters. And that put us off from going back. Glad you guys got a great one!

Love the Art of Animation drawings. Super cute!

Great update!

we enjoyed the drawing class when we took it - I think watching the kids focus so hard is the best part! (though my daughter got upset that her choice for character didn't get picked so that dragged things down a bit)

I think TSMM is a great ride and one of the best for all ages to do together - and I think the fact that it is one of the very few rides like that at DHS leads to the long lines

I think the Green Army Men are great! Such fun interaction.

Glad you had such a good meal - sorry to hear of your demotion thought ;)

Ahh I guess I am joining the party :rolleyes1 we are taking our first family trip in Sept and I am loving the low crowds on your trip !!!! it looks like you all had a lot of pixie dust during your trip:yay:

Caught up!
The parade looks like so much fun. I think we will have to try to go at Halloween time someday.

Love all the pictures and updates!
The pictures of the girls with the green army man are too funny. I love those kinds of interactions.

What a great afternoon! I agree 110% that there should be an adult Jedi Training class! As much as I'd sign up to join (oh, yeah) I'd probably have a ball watching a class as well. I know many grown men who would enjoy an experience like that!

I've never been on TSMM either! Every time we've gone the line was crazy long and the legacy FPs were all gone when we got back there. Hoping for a FP+ For our trip in September. :woohoo:

I love a good character interaction! Looks like your girls found a great little toy soldier!

50sPT is one of my favorites! I saw a few photos on Terri's TR too. I always get the sampler platter when we go as well; too many yummy choices to pick just one meal!! I think the dessert is dad s sundae, but I could be wrong, looks more like a kitchen sink to me! :lol:

I love Fantasmic! My mama and sis have never seen it, so it's a must do for us!! Can't wait to see pics!

TSMM was fun to do with a fastpass. maybe if we got back there first thing before the crazy long line, i'd do it again, but I don't know if we'd stand in a long for it.

that green army guy was so funny! the girls were loving it!

LOVE 50s primetime! so yummy!

:wave2: Hi! Checking in and Catching up! I got slammed hard with a cold right on Christmas and haven't been able to be on for a while.

I just can't get over how great that Jack Sparrow looked! It could have really been the real deal!!! (Of course I've been informed by dh that Johnny Depp has been known to do that kind of thing in the past so who knows!:rotfl2:)

If we found ourselves settling into bed at 1:30 in the morning I would have canceled an 8am adr as well! I don't blame you for sleeping in.

Sounds like a fun afternoon and dinner at the Studios!

There... I think I'm all caught up now.

hope you're feeling better! we all got sick over Christmas break too. darn germs!

if that jack sparrow had been johnny depp, I probably would have passed out at his feet! :rotfl:

How cool getting to draw Dopey at the drawing class!

I'm glad you enjoyed your first time on Toy Story!

Cute pics/interaction with the Green Army Man!!

Sounds like such a fun dinner :)

I really just love spending a day at HS. it is my fave (after MK of course!)!

Great updates Lori for your last day Lori! :love:

Aw that's always the way, everyone is super-enthusiastic and up at the crack of dawn.. But as the week goes on you start getting up later and later :laughing::confused3

Seeing the Magic Band scanners empty is such a beautiful sight!!

Hahaha YES! Jamie would be right up there with Rich at Adult Jedi Training :rotfl:

I love the animation class, we did it twice on our recent trip :goodvibes I think it's a great free souvenir !

I'm glad you had a good waitress at 50s PT! We ate there in 2012 and it was a lot of fun :) And is that popcorn in Rich's sundae!?! Whaaat! :scared1:

Excited to hear about Fantasmic - it's one of my favorites!

I really love most things about HS, except that too many things happen at the same time. it's my favorite place to be after MK. there's just something about it. i'm a little nervous to see what happens when the hat is gone though....

and yes, there was caramel popcorn in that crazy sundae. it sort of reminded me of the kitchen sink at beaches and cream, except not as big!

YAY!!! LOVE HS!!!
There is the picture of you and Terry!!! FINALLY! :lmao:

Going to try 50's Prime Time NEXT TIME! i swear i have to!!!

ok--I have it in writing! I expect to hear about your love of 50s after your next trip!

I think I'm in the minority saying TSM isn't my favorite. I mean, it's cute and all, but I would never wait loads of time for it. I think Buzz Lightyear is just as fun.

Like I said, I know I'm in the minority here...

I love Prime Time too but the last 2 times we went we had dud waiters. And that put us off from going back. Glad you guys got a great one!

Love the Art of Animation drawings. Super cute!

Great update!

i'm with you.....TSM is fun, but i'm not standing in a line for it.

what a bummer about your 50s waiters. that's how I felt last time, but I'm glad we went again. loved our waitress but even more, loved our food!! yummmm!

we enjoyed the drawing class when we took it - I think watching the kids focus so hard is the best part! (though my daughter got upset that her choice for character didn't get picked so that dragged things down a bit)

I think TSMM is a great ride and one of the best for all ages to do together - and I think the fact that it is one of the very few rides like that at DHS leads to the long lines

I think the Green Army Men are great! Such fun interaction.

Glad you had such a good meal - sorry to hear of your demotion thought ;)

I agree, that is probably why the line for TSM is so long. if I was more patient.....

loved that green army man! he was awesome!

I wish I could remember why I got demoted, but I must have blocked it out! :lmao: thank goodness I still got my desert!

Ahh I guess I am joining the party :rolleyes1 we are taking our first family trip in Sept and I am loving the low crowds on your trip !!!! it looks like you all had a lot of pixie dust during your trip:yay:

:welcome: thanks for joining in! it was a fun time to go, but be prepared for humidity and heat and rain....well, just crazy weather...other then that, i'm sure you'll have a blast!

Caught up!
The parade looks like so much fun. I think we will have to try to go at Halloween time someday.

Love all the pictures and updates!
The pictures of the girls with the green army man are too funny. I love those kinds of interactions.

Halloween may be my new favorite time to go. i'd like to try going in October sometime to miss the heat, but i'm afraid it will be more crowded since it's closer to Halloween. the party was awesome! we have to do it again sometime.

we were on our way to fantasmic. here's some pictures i stole from terri's TR of the girls having some fun on the way.

then we stopped for some photopass pictures. unfortunately, terri's youngest, maddie, was getting pretty tired, so she and chris, terri's DH, kept strolling around and missed out on the pictures.

we also stopped and did some dancing there, because, when there's awesome music playing, why pass up a dancing opportunity? how cute are these dancing queens?

when we got over to fantasmic, they were announcing that the show was standing room only for that night. we all decided that did NOT sound like something we were interested in, so we headed out. terri had gotten some fastpasses so that we could do tower of terror together, but i was so full and so hot i was just not feeling it. thankfully, terri was totally understanding and didn't make too much fun of me. we decided to head back to the resort and jump in the pool. the kids were all excited about that! i was just happy to get to spend more time with my new friend!

when we got back to the resort, i had to snap this pic since we are going on a cruise for our next disney adventure!

anyway, we spent awhile swimming around. terri used her camera to take some video of the kids. they were having a blast. sadly, we finally had to say goodbye. we had a super early trip to the airport the next morning and terri and her family had the start of their trip to rest up for. we dragged reluctant children out of the water and gathered up our things. after hugs, and a super cute gift of a mickey mug cozy from terri, we parted ways. hannah cried the whole way back to the room. i knew how she felt.....none of us were ready for our disney vacation to end.....

after i got everyone bathed and put in bed, rich made it back to the room. he'd been walking around the resort and ended up talking to the caricature artist in the lobby. he ended up liking rich so much that he sold him some of his art, which he said he rarely does. he even added some color for rich! we have to get this framed and hung up. it's the bride from tim burton's the corpse bride, which is one of our many favorite tim burton movies! isn't it awesome?

finally, rich and i called it a night also and went to sleep.

well, the end of the trip is never fun, but this morning seemed worse. we had to get back home early because rich had to work that day. we had a super early bus to the airport....

ugh....painful! but, as early as it was, everybody got up and ready pretty easily. we made it out to the bus with plenty of time and waited for the tragical express to come. it finally came and we found some seats. we were all pretty sad....

except rich, who was is a strangely good mood and feeling a little goofy himself this morning. weirdo....

we were crazy early to the airport and got checked in and through security super fast. we got some breakfast and waited for our flight

yes, the girls did travel in pajamas. it was too early to worry about regular clothes that morning.

our flight boarded on time, was uneventful and landed on time. crushingly, that was the end of our anniversary/halloween disney trip. we really had a great trip, but of course, i can't wait to go back! thanks for reading/commenting/following along and i hope you'll join me when i get the PTR for our cruise started!

Sounds like a fun last evening! Always sad to say goodbye, especially when you were not only saying bye to Disney but to friends too. Glad travelling home went smoothly. I enjoyed reading your report!! :)

sounds like a fun evening. No matter how blue or purple they are it is always hard to get kids to come out of the pool

"hannah cried the whole way back to the room" aw, that is so sad - though also evidence that they had a great time!

My goodness that is an early pickup for the "tragical" express (love that term). Glad the trip home was smooth at least

That's exciting that you now get to plan details for you next adventure - this time on a boat!

Aww. Always sad to come to an end of a trip report.
I have to admit I totally cracked up when you said you were all sad to go and then I scrolled down and saw your husband with a huge smile on his face.
So funny.

I will be excited to hear about your Disney cruise. We have thought about doing one of those someday.

It has been really fun to read along!

:( I hate when trips end!! :(
Lol
At least you had a nice fun evening to end your trip with!
And omg! That's a horrible time of the morning to be anywhere!! Haha

You guys had such a great trip! It's always so sad when it's ending... but at least you have an awesome CRUISE to look forward to!!! How exciting! Thanks for having all of us along for the ride and I'm looking forward to your cruise PTR!

Looks like a great end to your trip! Looks like you guys really had a great time with Terri and her The tragical express is always a very sad, however at that hour of the morning, its a whole new level of sad! I probably just would have stayed up all night!

I can not wait to hear all about your plans for your cruise! I am so excited for you all! It is going to be amazing!

Speaking of PTRs I have been missing you on mine!

Ugh.. Your posts are fantastic Until that end.. DISLIKE end trips. and 4 am?!?! Holy wow that is one heck of an early flight!

The girls are darling as ever! it does seem your's and Terri's girls got along famously? So fun to have new friends in DISNEY!

I will say your trip was fantastic you did a great job of writing it!

Let me know when you start your PTR!!!

Haha!! The tragical express!! Love it!! But not really if you know what I mean....

Check out day is really awful.

I'm glad you enjoyed fall at Disney- it is most definitely my favorite time to be there!

I love the pictures of you guys in front of the Frozen stage! So cute!

I love that all the girls got on so well. The picture of them dancing together is darling. :lovestruc

Glad you got to spend some more time with Terri and her family. :thumbsup2

That print is awesome! We love the Corpse Bride so much.

“Tragical Express” that is SO fitting!:rotfl2:

That picture of your DH on the bus is a hoot! The only happy face on the bus leaving Disney.

It has been such fun following along on your family’s adventures. Thank you so much for sharing with us! I can’t wait to see what your plans are for the cruise!! TTFN! :wave:

Wow that sounds like a brutal wake up call made even harder because it was the wake up call to leave.

Great trip report! Bummer that its over now, I enjoyed reading.

Oooh, great term- tragical express... I will be using that.....

It's over. Boo........... but, now it's time for a CRUISE PTR!!!

Hey, where did you get those character shirts you all had on that last day? Did you make them? I LOVE them.

Your trip was amazing & magical.... thank you for sharing it!

Sounds like a fun last evening! Always sad to say goodbye, especially when you were not only saying bye to Disney but to friends too. Glad travelling home went smoothly. I enjoyed reading your report!! :)

thanks for reading along! i hope you'll join in again on our next adventures!

sounds like a fun evening. No matter how blue or purple they are it is always hard to get kids to come out of the pool

"hannah cried the whole way back to the room" aw, that is so sad - though also evidence that they had a great time!

My goodness that is an early pickup for the "tragical" express (love that term). Glad the trip home was smooth at least

That's exciting that you now get to plan details for you next adventure - this time on a boat!

i know, right? they could be shivering and chattering their teeth, but they'll swear they're not cold and don't need to come out!

that pickup time was awful and seemed unnecessary. we were at the airport about 2 1/2 hours before our flight....

i can't wait for our cruise! hopefully you'll join me for that TR too! thanks for reading along!

Aww. Always sad to come to an end of a trip report.
I have to admit I totally cracked up when you said you were all sad to go and then I scrolled down and saw your husband with a huge smile on his face.
So funny.

I will be excited to hear about your Disney cruise. We have thought about doing one of those someday.

It has been really fun to read along!

my husband....such a goofball. he wouldn't make a sad face for anything, and it was too early to argue with him! :rotfl: he actually works nights so that time was like the middle of the afternoon for him. no wonder he was the one most awake!

thanks for following along! i'll let you know when i get the cruise PTR started! hope you'll join in there too!

:( I hate when trips end!! :(
Lol
At least you had a nice fun evening to end your trip with!
And omg! That's a horrible time of the morning to be anywhere!! Haha

when i saw that pick up time, i was sure we'd be missing our flight! hopefully we'll never have that early of a flight again!

You guys had such a great trip! It's always so sad when it's ending... but at least you have an awesome CRUISE to look forward to!!! How exciting! Thanks for having all of us along for the ride and I'm looking forward to your cruise PTR!

so excited about the cruise!! i'll for sure let you know when i start the PTR. i'm trying to think of a catchy name.....

Looks like a great end to your trip! Looks like you guys really had a great time with Terri and her The tragical express is always a very sad, however at that hour of the morning, its a whole new level of sad! I probably just would have stayed up all night!

I can not wait to hear all about your plans for your cruise! I am so excited for you all! It is going to be amazing!

Speaking of PTRs I have been missing you on mine!

that was crazy early! i don't think the sun was even up when we got to the airport....horrible....

i can't believe I've been missing out on your PTR! somehow i got unsubscribed i guess, but i will fix that today!!!

Ugh.. Your posts are fantastic Until that end.. DISLIKE end trips. and 4 am?!?! Holy wow that is one heck of an early flight!

The girls are darling as ever! it does seem your's and Terri's girls got along famously? So fun to have new friends in DISNEY!

I will say your trip was fantastic you did a great job of writing it!

Let me know when you start your PTR!!!

we loved meeting terri and her family! they were adorable and it seemed like they'd know each other forever! i hope we can all meet up at Disney in the future again!

thanks for reading along! i'll for sure let you know when i start the cruise PTR. I've got to think of a really good title......suggestions?

Haha!! The tragical express!! Love it!! But not really if you know what I mean....

Check out day is really awful.

I'm glad you enjoyed fall at Disney- it is most definitely my favorite time to be there!

i totally know what you mean!

i did love going to Disney in the fall! it was so much fun! i'd like to go again at that time of year, it was so fun!

thanks for reading!

I love the pictures of you guys in front of the Frozen stage! So cute!

I love that all the girls got on so well. The picture of them dancing together is darling. :lovestruc

Glad you got to spend some more time with Terri and her family. :thumbsup2

That print is awesome! We love the Corpse Bride so much.

“Tragical Express” that is SO fitting!:rotfl2:

That picture of your DH on the bus is a hoot! The only happy face on the bus leaving Disney.

It has been such fun following along on your family’s adventures. Thank you so much for sharing with us! I can’t wait to see what your plans are for the cruise!! TTFN! :wave:

we love all those crazy tim burton movies! aren't they great? i tried to show some when we had friends over for Halloween, but they were creeping their kids out. i thought maybe we were weird for letting our kids see them, but of course that couldn't be the case! :lmao:

my DH is a goofball for sure! and i was too tired to try to convince him to act sad, so, i got what i got! :rolleyes2

thanks for reading along! can't wait for you to join the cruise PTR!

Wow that sounds like a brutal wake up call made even harder because it was the wake up call to leave.

Great trip report! Bummer that its over now, I enjoyed reading.

thanks for joining in! hope you'll come visit the cruise PTR!

Oooh, great term- tragical express... I will be using that.....

It's over. Boo........... but, now it's time for a CRUISE PTR!!!

Hey, where did you get those character shirts you all had on that last day? Did you make them? I LOVE them.

Your trip was amazing & magical.... thank you for sharing it!

i don't remember where i heard tragical express, but it's perfect, isn't it?

i'm excited for the cruise PTR!! just trying to think of a good title.....

thanks for reading along! and don't forget to get your list of cruise tips!

the shirts.....no, i didn't make them, but terri (denovagirl) did. she does it with freezer paper and fabric paint. she says it's pretty easy, but i just have her do them because she's a wiz at it and i'm convinced i'll screw them up. she also made the pink and blue shirts with kissing Minnie and mickey that we have on earlier in the trip. i love how they turn out and they wash up great. i think she found directions on pinterest, or i'm sure you could send her a PM and she'll help you out if you want to give it a try. she's awesome like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter