Walmart grocery pick up times

hulagirl87

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Hope you all are well and staying safe! I have a question for those of you that are doing the Walmart grocery pick up. I did it last week and was able to get a time for pick up for the next day, but now when I am trying to get a time slot, I'm not having much luck. I know that there is more of a demand for it now with no one wanting to go in stores as the days go by. My question is this... At what time are you having luck getting a time slot. I've tried 5am and 10am, but still nothing. The site says that new time slots open up every morning. I just wonder what "morning" means.

Thanks to all of you!

ok, back to homeschooling my crazy kids 🤪😁

The last 2 weeks I was able to get a time in the morning (around 9am) for the next day. I didn’t see any yesterday morning, so I waited until midnight. Got one for tomorrow. If you can stay up try it that way.

Good luck!

• You come here often?
  • The expiration date says ‘best if used by tonight.’ Can I make you dinner?
  • Can you imagine the pasta-bilities if we got together?
  • Not to be cheesy, but you’re looking really gouda.
  • I think we brie-long together.
Oh.. wait.. you said walmart pick up times not lines. Sorry... carry on.

Try at midnight. Really. My DD who lives about 150 miles away, said last week, I finally got a slot. I didn't think too much about it.

About 4 days ago, I thought let me order a few Easter basket type items for grandkids and she can pick them up at her walmart. I tried like you for a couple of days. One night I stayed up to midnight and the slots for her walmart were filled for the whole day in under 5 mins.

Ours are only booking for the cuurent day & the next day. I haven’t been able to get an open slot in weeks, I’ve had to use other stores. No matter what time I checked they are always taken for both pick up and delivery.

I have also heard midnight but have not been sufficiently motivated to be up at that time

Ours are also only booking for current day & next day. If I wait up until midnight, I would be able to get a time slot for the day after tomorrow (since they open it at midnight). That's what I've been doing - getting my cart ready, setting my alarm for midnight and then checking out with it. I get up for work at 6 am and they are always full by then, so midnight it is for now lol!

There are 11 WalMarts and WM Neighborhood Markets within a 30 minute drive of us. We've had success by looking at all of them until we find a slot. We don't mind the drive since it's literally the only place we go.

We’ve tried several times at midnight at our local Shoprite, p,us about 10 other Shoprite within a 40 minute drive (I’ve always been an online orderer), gave up after 2 weeks and did costco instacart, only had to wait 5 days. You have to time it right to get one of those slots, too, I think it’s around 7 am.

Our Shoprite makes you wait on a virtual line just to online shop, and the chance of getting a pickup spot is slim to none.

I got one a few days ago at midnight - they opened up the entire day and I had my choice. I snagged a time for the next day (which was actually 2 days away, since it was now after midnight) and then added to my cart all day long.

Prior to that, I snagged one by refreshing a few times. Guessing it was a cancellation?

Our Walmart books slots for today and tomorrow. The times roll over at midnight for the tomorrow slots. That's how we have gotten ours.

I just gave up and went in to shop myself. Got everything on my list except frozen veggies, because those are in short supply here.

I know this thread is about Walmart but my GF did pick-up at a local Meijer last week and was not very impressed.

She got a text from them telling her, her groceries would be ready for pick-up at 4 pm. So she got in her car, made her quick stop at the post office and City Hall to drop her water bill off and then was enroute to Meijer when she gets a text saying sorry because of back-up orders hers wouldn't be ready until 5:45pm.

Well she certainly wasn't going to go back to her house and DeGermify as we call it so she drove into the parking lot and sat for an hour and a half. And even then she didn't get her order until a few minutes after 6!

I got one a few days ago at midnight - they opened up the entire day and I had my choice. I snagged a time for the next day (which was actually 2 days away, since it was now after midnight) and then added to my cart all day long.

Prior to that, I snagged one by refreshing a few times. Guessing it was a cancellation?
Our Shoprite only holds the spot for an hour before it gets lost. DH almost got a spot once at midnight but then got an error message 5 seconds later all spots were gone.

Yep - same as everyone else. I don't stay up until midnight, but I've had luck checking at 6:45 am when I wake up. There's usually a couple of times left then.

I ordered on Sunday morning and was able to pick-up Monday between 4-5pm.
I think this week is extra busy because of Easter.

Like many others, the Walmart I've been checking has been offering two days at a time. I've been trying at midnight, as well as other times, but nothing has been available. This thread prompted me to try again & every time slot was available for Thursday. :banana:They must have just posted them. Thanks OP. Without this thread, I would have missed getting a time again. We were about to give up & have DH garb up & do in store shopping.

Edited to add more info.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter