Walmart grocery pick up times

When you check in there is a prompt that asks what spot you’re in. Not all stores have this, but they will come to your car and confirm it’s you.

They are not allowed to accept tips at Walmart.
I check in with the app when i arrive, it asks me which # spot im in and my car color.
Thanks, I'll pass the info on to DH. It's too bad that they can't accept tips. We'd be happy to tip for a service that risks the employee's health & keeps DH out of stores.

They are not allowed to accept tips at Walmart.

I tip -
The Walmart I use is in DE, there is no signage that I've seen physically at the pick up location. Haven't noticed anything online while submitting order, although admittedly I never thought to look.
I tip in cash, a few bucks for regular orders. $10 at the holidays. Never had it declined, but it is always gratefully accepted and sometimes with a bit of surprise, which makes me think that (maybe) not to many folks tip them. Considering they are schlepping all that stuff out to my car, sometimes in inclement weather, and loading it, tipping seemed appropriate.
*tipping seemed appropriate to me, no please this isn't the place to debate the merits of tipping in the US. It's just an accounting of my experience with tipping at Walmart when picking up groceries*

I just checked - our Walmart now has 4 days open (including today) on the pickup calendar. As of 7:45 AM this Thursday morning, I could have placed a order for Sunday pickup. So - things are starting to loosen up/open up a bit, so that is good.
Yes, 4 days here now also. I caught a late Saturday pickup last night.

Regarding the parking spot discussion above, you should get a cell phone notification about 25 minutes before your time period. You respond to that, letting them know you are on your way to the store. I suppose that prompts them to pull frozen and refrigerated items from their pickup area coolers and get in your bins.

When you pull into the parking lot, their system, probably using your GPS, knows you have arrived. Takes maybe a minute to recognize you're there. Then when you pull into your spot, you let them know your spot number and car color as said above. Works great,

I tip -
The Walmart I use is in DE, there is no signage that I've seen physically at the pick up location. Haven't noticed anything online while submitting order, although admittedly I never thought to look.
I tip in cash, a few bucks for regular orders. $10 at the holidays. Never had it declined, but it is always gratefully accepted and sometimes with a bit of surprise, which makes me think that (maybe) not to many folks tip them. Considering they are schlepping all that stuff out to my car, sometimes in inclement weather, and loading it, tipping seemed appropriate.
*tipping seemed appropriate to me, no please this isn't the place to debate the merits of tipping in the US. It's just an accounting of my experience with tipping at Walmart when picking up groceries*

I don't tip, because I Googled and it said not to on the Walmart website. I don't want to get them in trouble.

I tip -
Walmart's policy is not to allow tips with a caveat towards delivery when it's a 3rd party doing the delivery.

http://wmt-grocery.custhelp.com/app...ore-associate-or-driver-that-brings-my-order?

If the store employees are accepting your tips they shouldn't be, they likely are just pocketing the money and not disclosing to their managers that they are accepting tips. I'm sure it is a surprise..given that according to Walmart's policy tipping is not accepted for their employees so it makes perfect sense that not many people are tipping..policy is you shouldn't be tipping. They are paid on a normal structure not paid based on gaining tips.

It may be better in my area for delivery and pickup in terms of both stock and times but I haven't checked. I wouldn't have suggested it for most of March and up til last week because of all the changes. There was so little left in the grocery stores that the workers who were trying to fulfill the online orders were coming up really short. But we've settled down in my area (no new big announcements, stay at home order has been in effect for just over 2 weeks, stores are getting more stock (at least more than before), etc).

But hearing about people's experience in terms of late pick ups has me cautious. We've never had really late pick ups (maybe a 5-10min wait at most once we notify we're there) and we def. don't want to be wasting that much time sitting in their parking lot. We're not needing stuff now but it's possible we'll look into doing pick up for the next time we need groceries.

It may be better in my area for delivery and pickup in terms of both stock and times but I haven't checked. I wouldn't have suggested it for most of March and up til last week because of all the changes. There was so little left in the grocery stores that the workers who were trying to fulfill the online orders were coming up really short. But we've settled down in my area (no new big announcements, stay at home order has been in effect for just over 2 weeks, stores are getting more stock (at least more than before), etc).

But hearing about people's experience in terms of late pick ups has me cautious. We've never had really late pick ups (maybe a 5-10min wait at most once we notify we're there) and we def. don't want to be wasting that much time sitting in their parking lot. We're not needing stuff now but it's possible we'll look into doing pick up for the next time we need groceries.

Our experience yesterday was good for timing, but bad for selection. 5 items out of stock and 2 subs I didn't want. However, the order was ready 15 minutes before the designated time AND they brought out a goodie bag of samples! I thought that was very kind.

Our experience yesterday was good for timing, but bad for selection. 5 items out of stock ad 2 subs I didn't want. However, the order was ready 15 minutes before the designated time AND they brought out a goodie bag of samples! I thought that was very kind.
Thanks for sharing :)

The substitutions probably would still be an issue I think in my area even as stock is getting in more so good point there.

That is really nice to get samples how nice of them to even think about that during this time.

Well, our first order pickup didn't go so great. The substitution was fine. They didn't have some of the things I needed for recipes, but I suppose that's to be expected now. I'll just have to put those recipes off for later. The biggest issue is being charged for several things we didn't get. How do we get reimbursed for the items we paid for, but didn't receive? DH is still going to have to go to the store to get the things they didn't have or didn't include. I think he'll just garb up & do in store shopping from now on.

That stinks - I've had substitutions and things that were unavailable before, but haven't had to deal with being charged for it. What a hassle to deal with, hope it is easy to deal with.

Well, our first order pickup didn't go so great. The substitution was fine. They didn't have some of the things I needed for recipes, but I suppose that's to be expected now. I'll just have to put those recipes off for later. The biggest issue is being charged for several things we didn't get. How do we get reimbursed for the items we paid for, but didn't receive? DH is still going to have to go to the store to get the things they didn't have or didn't include. I think he'll just garb up & do in store shopping from now on.

Every time they haven't had any items we ordered, they reimbursed us automatically for those items. The original total charged on the credit card stayed on the statement while it was pending, but after the reimbursement was processed, the actual total posted on our credit card statement was lower than the original total. I hope they take care of yours!

That stinks - I've had substitutions and things that were unavailable before, but haven't had to deal with being charged for it. What a hassle to deal with, hope it is easy to deal with.
Thanks. There are so many things missing that it appears they left 3 bags sitting at the register or put them in another customer's cart accidentally. The eggs & all of the bagged produce was missing, but charged for. It was a large order, so DH didn't notice until he got home.

Last edited:
Every time they haven't had any items we ordered, they reimbursed us automatically for those items. The original total charged on the credit card stayed on the statement while it was pending, but after the reimbursement was processed, the actual total posted on our credit card statement was lower than the original total. I hope they take care of yours!

According to our receipt, 8 of the items I ordered were out of stock. We weren't charged for those. There was also several items that were listed under "fulfilled" that we didn't receive, but were charged for.

According to our receipt, 8 of the items I ordered were out of stock. We weren't charged for those. There was also several items that were listed under "fulfilled" that we didn't receive, but were charged for.

Call the store about the items that showed fulfilled that you didn't receive. We had that happen one time where they accidently forgot one of our bags. We called, and went back and got that bag.

This has happened to me once before, I was able to login to the website, look at my order and report items as missing. They refunded me the cost of those items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter