Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by rteetz, Oct 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. karensi

karensi <font color=9999FF>Taking grandchildren to WDW wil

I purchased MYW tickets from UT before the price upgrade. The tickets are "pay for 4 days and get 2 days free", so park admission for 6 days total.
    We are staying on site for 9 days and will be going to the parks for 5 of those days. Will I be able to make FP ressies for the period throughout all 9 days PLUS day 10 which is my check out day?
    I'm asking this because I see with the new tickets a 6 day ticket will allow you to make FP ressies for 9 days. But I really need to make FP ressies for my check out day also, which is actually day 10.
    TIA,
    Karen

2. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

Yes. You have the old MYW tickets so you don’t fall under new booking rules.

3. karensi

karensi <font color=9999FF>Taking grandchildren to WDW wil

Phewwww, Thank you very much :flower3:

rteetz and hiroMYhero like this.
  4. Lisa_M

Lisa_M DIS Veteran

We have a split stay 2 nights onsite 11/22-11/24 and off site for 7 nights with 9 day MYW tickets purchased as part of a MYW package before the increase. Online it says nothing about expiration of my tickets, but in the MDE app, it shows my 9 day MYW tickets expiring on 11/24/18, which is only day 3 of our trip. When I called Disney to make a room request I asked about this and the lady seemed confused, but said i would be fine, but now i'm slightly panicked. Does anyone else with upcoming trips show their expiration dates on their tickets in the app in the same way? Will we be ok for our 9 day tickets to extend past our check out day?

5. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

I would consider that an MDE glitch, it should resolve itself. I assume you already have FP+ scheduled. There is no way a 9-day ticket expires after just 3 days. Even the new tickets have a 13-day window to use a 9-day ticket, which supersedes the shorter length of stay window. I think you are fine.

Enjoy your vacation!