Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Was at the Dolphin for two weeks over Christmas( was amazing!) The washers and dryers definitely take quarters, there is a note machine right there that will change 5, 10 or 20 dollar bills, also a machine to buy detergent. They can be a bit temperamental and sometimes give your notes back but I found they take them after 2 or 3 tries. I did all of our laundry before returning to the UK, as I always do, probably about 6 loads!

OK - I'm questioning my November stay where we booked two adjoining double bed rooms, all on points. We had to book a balcony room at 11,000 points for each room. We booked each room for 4 nights, getting the 5th night free. We used a total of 88,000 points.

Am I missing out on info about other room set up types that could also get us two bedrooms and be available to book all on points? We have more points to use.

Thanks!

@JJ2017 I don’t use points, but we have had amazing 2 bedroom Executive Suites our last few stays.

The prices aren’t published; you have to call and ask what they are for your dates. But I advise you to do so. The suites are fantastic and can be shockingly affordable.

Was at the Dolphin for two weeks over Christmas( was amazing!) The washers and dryers definitely take quarters, there is a note machine right there that will change 5, 10 or 20 dollar bills, also a machine to buy detergent. They can be a bit temperamental and sometimes give your notes back but I found they take them after 2 or 3 tries. I did all of our laundry before returning to the UK, as I always do, probably about 6 loads!

I do remember seeing the change machine, but once I saw the credit card slot, that's how I wanted to pay! And I honestly didn't notice the coin slots on the machines! Thank you for the correction! ;) I guess the answer regarding the laundry is that you can pay by debit/credit card or quarters (not tokens!) :thumbsup2

Sorry, Dan! I guess you need to make make another update to page 1! :blush:

Sorry, Dan! I guess you need to make make another update to page 1!
No problem. :wave:

guest-laundry-walt-disney-world-dolphin--v10680939-720.jpg

guest-laundry-walt-disney-world-dolphin--v10681041-720.jpg

I am sensitive to noise when sleeping. We have booked a dolphin resort view balcony room. Is there an area of the hotel you would recommend I request or just say quiet room away from elevators? Thanks.

Last edited:
I am sensitive to noise when sleeping. We have booked a dolphin resort view balcony room. Is there an area of the hotel you would recommend I request or just say quiet room away from elevators? Thanks.
We requested a room away from elevators and were put at the end of the hall, which was a bit of a walk but perfect. It also allowed views of both HS (Tower of Terror) & EPCOT fireworks although it was not a balcony.

Are the TV's at Swan Smart TV's? Specifically do they have Netflix? I usually bring my Roku but won't need to if they do. Thank you!

We have stayed in the center of the triangle without a balcony, but near elevators and the hum was maddening at night.

We have also stayed in a theme park/water view room with balcony. If you go to bed early or like to sleep in, I would advise against a balcony room facing the parks or the water. The ferry boat sounds it's horn every time it approaches the dock. And the booms from the fireworks can be quite loud. A room on the pool end of the hotel might be more to your liking if these are issues for you.

Are the TV's at Swan Smart TV's? Specifically do they have Netflix? I usually bring my Roku but won't need to if they do. Thank you!

Yes! They upgraded the TVs mid-October 2017 to include Netflix, hulu, YouTube, Crackle, Pandora & Bluetooth (I took a photo of the sign in the lobby about the upgrade 10/14/2017)!!

Hoping this will work! The photo is of the sign in the lobby back on 10/14/2017.
All the rooms in both hotels were updated that week! IMG_2690.JPG

OK - I'm questioning my November stay where we booked two adjoining double bed rooms, all on points. We had to book a balcony room at 11,000 points for each room. We booked each room for 4 nights, getting the 5th night free. We used a total of 88,000 points.

Am I missing out on info about other room set up types that could also get us two bedrooms and be available to book all on points? We have more points to use.

Thanks!

Depending on the representative you speak with, you may be able to spend 10,000 more points per night to get a 2 bedroom suite. However, over the last 4 years I have only been able to use this option once- generally have to pay at least $200/night for the addition of a "parlor" to make the 2 hotel rooms a 2 bedroom suite.

That’s exactly what I was told. We were strongly contemplating it but then I realized the parlor didn’t have a kitchenette. Maybe you know this: I was trying to find reviews on that common area and someone posted that there was a Murphy bed that was a queen size. I’m just seeing a pull out sofa in the diagram.

We are fine with the two connecting rooms. Save the points for a 2019 trip!!!

That’s exactly what I was told. We were strongly contemplating it but then I realized the parlor didn’t have a kitchenette. Maybe you know this: I was trying to find reviews on that common area and someone posted that there was a Murphy bed that was a queen size. I’m just seeing a pull out sofa in the diagram.

We are fine with the two connecting rooms. Save the points for a 2019 trip!!!

Prior to the recent makeover, the Dolphin had a King Murphy bed in the parlor area, making it perfect for my family: Kids in a connecting double room, grandparents in a connecting king, and my wife and I on the Murphy bed. Now, all the suites are the same with just a double sofa bed.

I have a 2 bedroom suite booked for President's Day weekend and not really sure if paying the $200 extra/night for just extra room is worth it. Already had to add an extra, separate room on points for my parents due to the new setup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter