Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I had the same issue with my Swan stay, although we were booked at the Swan Reserve first and then modified the reservation over to the Swan. It was booked via Disney. So maybe it was an issue since our original reservation was with the Reserve.
Interesting - maybe it was your original reservation at Reserve that was the problem. Did you buy chance buy individual lightning lane rides? If so, did the system let you buy at 7am?

@CJK that's a huge disappointment, that issue had been reported way back in January when the Reserve opened up. In fact there was this letter that came out addressing the issue. I hadn't seen it discussed in so long I figured it was resolved. Out of curiosity did how did you book? Marriott or package through Disney?

Interesting - maybe it was your original reservation at Reserve that was the problem. Did you buy chance buy individual lightning lane rides? If so, did the system let you buy at 7am?
Sorry I didn't buy any ILLs or G+ so not sure if that would have been an issue. I did *not* have an issue scanning my bands with early park entry or the evening EMH, those worked fine.

Reactions: CJK
@CJK that's a huge disappointment, that issue had been reported way back in January when the Reserve opened up. In fact there was this letter that came out addressing the issue. I hadn't seen it discussed in so long I figured it was resolved. Out of curiosity did how did you book? Marriott or package through Disney?
Through Marriott. I made sure that the reservation was linked to MDE. Very disappointing indeed. I, too, thought the issue was resolved after not hearing anything about it for a while. I booked dining for a friend staying at the Dolphin 2 weeks ago, and that worked fine.

Sorry I didn't buy any ILLs or G+ so not sure if that would have been an issue. I did *not* have an issue scanning my bands with early park entry or the evening EMH, those worked fine.
I purchased ILLs every day at 7a in August while staying at the Reserve with no issue. Also had no issues with EMH or Early entry as @ultimatefans mentioned. I booked directly through the Marriott website.

For what its worth, the only way I was able to get dining booked at 60+x was to go onto the website, incognito browser, go to My plans, login, then click the Add more plans box and choose Dining reservations. The app recognized the Reserve stay, but kept erroring out when I went to book anything. The regular website dining page didn't recognize the Reserve stay. But using the My Plans route I was able to book what I needed. Hope this works for someone else!

1666185266880.png

I purchased ILLs every day at 7a in August while staying at the Reserve with no issue. Also had no issues with EMH or Early entry as @ultimatefans mentioned. I booked directly through the Marriott website.

For what its worth, the only way I was able to get dining booked at 60+x was to go onto the website, incognito browser, go to My plans, login, then click the Add more plans box and choose Dining reservations. The app recognized the Reserve stay, but kept erroring out when I went to book anything. The regular website dining page didn't recognize the Reserve stay. But using the My Plans route I was able to book what I needed. Hope this works for someone else!

View attachment 711782
Really helpful, thank you!

Just as a follow-up to this post.........our Swan Reserve reservation was NOT recognized by the Disney reservation system. We had to book via chat (or wait until the phone lines opened at 7am). I've had success with Dolphin/Swan reservations, but this was my first attempt with Swan Reserve. The chat CM said that this is a known issue, but she didn't seem hopeful that the issue would be resolved.
FYI for once you arrive- when I was at reserve last month my reservation disconnected at some point after check-in and before 7am bookings. So, check it’s still linked after check-in and if you want 7am bookings wake up early enough in case you need to attempt a re-link.

The app wouldn’t link it but when I went to the website using my safari browser I was able to link it. If it won’t link day of the front desk can give you an early entry pass so at least you won’t miss out on Early Entry.

Reactions: CJK

Does anyone have any insight into booking the King Alcove rooms? Are they typically released 350 days in advance like the standard rooms or is it later? I've been calling and there isn't any availability for this room type, not sure if they really are sold out or if they just haven't been released yet, the agent wasn't able to tell me. (I'm calling in-house reservations)
My experience is they’re open for booking at the same time as any other room. Checking on Marriott’s website it looks like Swan has king alcove availability through the first week of October 2023 and Dolphin through the end of September 2023.

FYI for once you arrive- when I was at reserve last month my reservation disconnected at some point after check-in and before 7am bookings. So, check it’s still linked after check-in and if you want 7am bookings wake up early enough in case you need to attempt a re-link.

The app wouldn’t link it but when I went to the website using my safari browser I was able to link it. If it won’t link day of the front desk can give you an early entry pass so at least you won’t miss out on Early Entry.
Make sure you aren’t using a special rate that doesn’t include the King Alcove. Right now, I need to use Standard Rate instead of AAA to find King Alcove next September.

My experience is they’re open for booking at the same time as any other room. Checking on Marriott’s website it looks like Swan has king alcove availability through the first week of October 2023 and Dolphin through the end of September 2023.

Make sure you aren’t using a special rate that doesn’t include the King Alcove. Right now, I need to use Standard Rate instead of AAA to find King Alcove next September.

Thank you both!!! I was looking at Dolphin in early October *and* was searching the AAA rate, so that's doubly why it wasn't coming up. I'll be sure to check the standard rate first. I really appreciate the help!

Reactions: CJN
I have the opportunity to book a room with the following description through a work website :
Room RESORT VIEW
ic-users.svg
Sleeps 10 King-size bed 150-183 width

Does anyone know which room on the Dolphin's website this could be? I want to make sure we do have a balcony and decent place to have the kids sleep.

I have the opportunity to book a room with the following description through a work website :
Room RESORT VIEW
ic-users.svg

Does anyone know which room on the Dolphin's website this could be? I want to make sure we do have a balcony and decent place to have the kids sleep.
I have never stayed in a room in the Dolphin that slept 10, including a stay in a corner alcove room. Is this perhaps a suite? Hopefully the suite bookers can shed some light.

Room RESORT VIEW
ic-users.svg

I have never stayed in a room in the Dolphin that slept 10, including a stay in a corner alcove room. Is this perhaps a suite? Hopefully the suite bookers can shed some light.

Right? I was confused as well.
I think that would have to be a 2 bedroom suite with a parlor in between.

Hi all trying to sanity check something here. We're planning to visit early October 2023 for F&W and will definitely be staying in the Boardwalk area. We've stayed at BWV a few times and enjoy that resort but were planning to give Beach Club a shot in 2023. However, I just stumbled upon what looks to be very competitive pricing via Costco that combines the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve with WDW tickets in such a way that this is now a definite option. I know Beach Club has a walking advantage to Epcot but Swan seems positioned well and definitely better for DHS. Swan Reserve though seems like it might be a bit further out.

So basically debating between these 3 options (this is price difference vs. Beach Club + Tickets separately):
1) Beach Club
2) Swan (-0.2k) - One King with view
3) Swan Reserve (+0.7k) - 1BR Signature Suite

Here are some questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

First, any real difference when staying at Swan vs. Beach Club from a Disney amenities perspective? I'm not concerned with the 'feel of staying at a Disney property'. More thinking about things like early/evening park access, busses, booking windows, etc. I think for all intent and purposes the only real difference is ability to use magic band at the hotel/charging but wanted to double check this.

Second, the Swan room looks similar to a WDW DVC studio to me. Is this fairly accurate?

Third, any real concerns with the Reserve if we decide to swing for the upgrade? Looks similar to DVC 1BR sans the full kitchen. No big deal because we don't ever use the kitchen anyway. It's always funny to open that massive fridge to see nothing but water and beer. Reminds me of my college days oh so long ago!

Finally, just noticed I could save another $150 if we convert #2 above to the Dolphin. Any real difference between the two worth worrying about?

Thanks everyone and really appreciate any insight you can share.

Sounds like you really can't go wrong with any of those choices. I've stayed at all these resorts outside of the Swan Reserve. I've stayed at the S/D a bunch and for us, it's a great property with deluxe amenities for moderate pricing.

Few items to note- location wise, Swan/Dolphin and SR are all very convenient to Epcot and DHS with SR being a little further from Epcot than S/D but a tad bit closer to DHS. Keep in mind, the Dolphin hotel is much larger than the Swan as far as layout and has hallways that seem to go on forever. We last stayed at the Dolphin in April and I had remembered how long those hallways can feel after 20K steps. Swan Reserve is likely much smaller than both S/D (have not stayed at SR). Also, the Dolphin does not have Queen beds which could be a deal killer. The Swan does, but you get double beds at Dolphin. Of these two resorts, we definitely prefer Swan over Dolphin for the larger beds and not as large of a resort feel. Other items to note when staying at S/D and SR-
  • All these resorts share buses which is not a big deal but you should be heads up on this. The resorts are so close it's really not a big inconvenience since it's just one stop at each entrance.
  • These buses can go to all disney park entrances except for MK. You will be dropped off and picked up at the TTC. Also not a deal breaker but something you should be aware of for your park planning as you need to build in some time.
  • Can't catch a minnie van from these resorts, only regular ride share.
  • You get the same disney deluxe resort benefits at all three of these resorts so you'll get access to ETPE and EEH.
  • All of these resorts share laundry facilities and in room dining- believe the laundry room is at the dolphin
  • S/D guests share the main grotto pool however S/D guests can't use the SR pool BUT SR guests can use any pools at any of the three hotels. And SR guests also have access to any health facilities at all 3 resorts. Also not a big deal but things to note
  • S/D and I'm sure SR but not sure about reserve's fees, all charge a resort fee and also charge for parking. Of course these fees also have taxes, so be sure to factor that in for your stay. S/D Resort fee is $35/nt and parking is $32/nt. These end up being about $40/nt and $34/nt with taxes included so be sure to factor that into your cost analysis.
Beach Club-has a really great pool and something to consider if you have kids or kids of an age that would swim. Could also be a negative if you prefer a quieter more relaxing pool experience. BC is also closer to Epcot but is the furthest from DHS. And as you mentioned, you can have room charging privileges with your MB, which you won't have at SR or Swan.

Swan - this is our favorite non-disney resort for the location, amenities, value and overall accommodations. Definitely takes a little longer to get to Epcot than BC but it's still a great location. Staying at Swan adds about 5 min to our walks but we usually end up catching a boat to the parks throughout our stay. We find the buses here pretty reasonably timed. We've had a few longer waits but nothing any other disney resort wouldn't have. The other intangible negative that my kids remind of is that it's not disney themed so while it's on disney property, it can make you feel outside of the bubble. I don't get that feeling but I understand it.

Swan Reserve (+0.7k) - 1BR Signature Suite- have not stayed here. Sorry :(

Without knowing which parks you'll frequent the most and how much you'll be at your resort/in your room, I can't really judge what might be the best fit. But, if it's a typical trip for us with hitting all 4 parks at least once, usually taking midday breaks, park hopping or just sleeping in, I'd pick Swan for the cost saves. I don't see a point in booking a large suite when the space may not be needed. And for us, we usually end up at S/D over Boardwalk and BC simply because we can't justify the price for such similar accommodations. MB charging is not such a big deal for us so that's not enough to keep me paying higher prices.

The new policy giving resort restaurant dining reservations preferences to WDW resort guests evidently will NOT include Swan/Dolphin/SwanReserve.

[IMG alt="mrsap"]https://www.disboards.com/data/avatars/m/427/427001.jpg?1666303728[/IMG]

mrsap

DIS Veteran​

Will this include the Swolphin hotels?
Reply:

The Walt Disney World® Swan Hotel and Walt Disney World® Dolphin Hotel are not owned or operated by Disney and are not included in what you were discussing with earlier in terms of select restaurants setting aside reservations for Guests with a linked Disney owned and operated Resort reservation. Guests of these hotels, however, are able to book reservations for restaurants beginning at 60 days prior to arrival (as early as 5:45 AM ET).

Last edited:
Without knowing which parks you'll frequent the most and how much you'll be at your resort/in your room, I can't really judge what might be the best fit. But, if it's a typical trip for us with hitting all 4 parks at least once, usually taking midday breaks, park hopping or just sleeping in, I'd pick Swan for the cost saves. I don't see a point in booking a large suite when the space may not be needed. And for us, we usually end up at S/D over Boardwalk and BC simply because we can't justify the price for such similar accommodations. MB charging is not such a big deal for us so that's not enough to keep me paying higher prices.

Thanks! Everything you wrote was helpful but I wanted to carve out this one specific space. Seems we basically do the same typical trip. For us it's with 2 adults and no kids but basically we rope drop, hit it until the crowds swell, head back and relax with nap and maybe the pool, then will hit Epcot in the evening for F&W. So in regards to your point about the space it really is just a luxury to have the separate living room space SR vs. the more studio feel of the Swan.

In all honesty if we go this route it will likely be the Swan given all of your previous comments. Thanks again.

(By the way those price gaps I quoted included the resort fees so we're basically ~$150 apart between BCV via point rental and the Swan.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter