Wanna buy a Fastpass? It will cost ya $50

This isn't about what Disney cares about. The point being made pertained to whether this new offering would have a measurable impact on FP availability, and to that end, it is what the guest cares about that matters. Of course Disney doesn't care about distribution. If it is going to dole out 10,000 FP per day for a ride, they couldn't care less who gets them. They only care about how much revenue is generated through the doling process.

I understand this. I am saying that at this point there probably will be negligible impact. The metric that matters is the number of people who indicate they want to pay to play. If there is enough interest measured, and this trial is well received by those who have been offered, and dissatisfaction from those who did not.... there will be a big change in fp where availabilyvtobthdvgeneral public will no longer matter, imo

How about this point below? Do you think they have the capability to titrate FP distribution? And could here with a new 90day window if deemed necessary? Heard anything about them adding sameday FoP FPs at any point?

I am aware that FOP handled FPs in this way recently (and why I use the phrase "little evidence" in the FP FAQ), but as far as I know that practice has stopped. For all but the most hardcore guests, it is not in my opinion worth mentioning as an exception and would confuse more readers than it would help.

I am aware that FOP handled FPs in this way recently (and why I use the phrase "little evidence" in the FP FAQ), but as far as I know that practice has stopped. For all but the most hardcore guests, it is not in my opinion worth mentioning as an exception and would confuse more readers than it would help.
Gotcha' -- for the FP FAQ purpose I agree.

For the purpose of this discussion, fair to say that they HAVE NOT used FP "pools" in any sort of widespread way to date that we can tell, BUT that they DO have the CAPABILITY to titrate FP distribution however they deem best (as evidenced by what they did recently with FoP FPs on a limited basis)?

If they keep adding offerings like this or expanding on this one beyond CL, they may decide they should use pools in some fashion -- for guest satisfaction reasons (i.e. "we're getting too many complaints/cancellations from our 60-day window people" or the like). Not something to take to the bank, but a possibility if this 90day offering creates a problem they think needs fixing.

Last edited:
Gotcha' -- for the FP FAQ purpose I agree.

For the purpose of this discussion, fair to say that they HAVE NOT used FP "pools" in any sort of widespread way to date that we can tell, BUT that they DO have the CAPABILITY to titrate FP distribution however they deem best (as evidenced by what they did recently with FoP FPs on a limited basis)?

If they keep adding offerings like this or expanding on this one beyond CL, they may decide they should use pools in some fashion -- for guest satisfaction reasons (i.e. "we're getting too many complaints/cancellations from our 60-day window people" or the like). Not something to take to the bank, but a possibility if this 90day offering creates a problem they think needs fixing.

Anything is possible.

Anything is possible.
But we agree that they have the CAPABILITY to adjust FP distribution — likely in myriad ways — beyond the simple “we start with x FPs per day at 60 days, and levels just drop from there”?

Can’t imagine they built a system that wouldn’t allow them to do this.

Anyway... I’m taking this somewhat OT so I’ll stop here. :)

Last edited:
Wow. Just read this. This is stupid expensive. For a family of 4, that's $200 more a day. Anything to make an extra buck from Disney.

I completely agree that this is another trial balloon. If successful, it will get rolled out across the board.

I try not to speculate how it will change my experience because it just makes me sad. I’d hope with all the new attractions coming online in the next few years that this wouldn’t impact FP+ availability for us regular folk.

As a family of five, there’s not a snow ball’s chance in hell that we would pay for this, even it applied to my plain Jane non-club level room.

I actually feel like this was made for me. My husband doesn't love the parks, because he hates lines, and he'd rather stay Club Level so he can hang out in the lounges. I suspect this is going to work to get him to plan a trip.

Wow. Just read this. This is stupid expensive. For a family of 4, that's $200 more a day. Anything to make an extra buck from Disney.

I actually feel like this was made for me. My husband doesn't love the parks, because he hates lines, and he'd rather stay Club Level so he can hang out in the lounges. I suspect this is going to work to get him to plan a trip.
Definitive proof that people aren't all the same. :thumbsup2

Disney is selling all kinds of fast passes. Book a Disney Springs room paying Disney rates and you get fast passes. Book with the hotel at a better rate and no fast passes for you.

I would definitely buy this, as we are not locals, like to stay at deluxes, and tend to take short, efficient trips.

A guaranteed way to ride Pandora, the new Star Wars rides, etc., without the 60+ days angst would be worth it to me, especially now that offsite guests have been added to the 60 day competition.

The biggest perk about these FPs is getting to make them at 90 days out, when few other guests can.

Last edited:
Many people called this back when FP+ rolled out with MB.

The writing became clearer when they opened up FP+ at 60 days and EMH to outside resorts.

This is not a surprise.

Yep. It helps that we're two adults without kids.
With kids, without kids, whatever! It'll work well and be affordable to some and not others, as with any offering. Sounds perfect for you, and we might try it, too on a short trip. I just always find it strange when some attempt to turn something subjective (value) into an objective fact/truth (usually in the form of it would be stupid for anyone to pay that for this). Never makes sense to try.

The price seems just as outrageous or just as reasonable depending on your perspective as many of the other special events/tours as of late.
:thumbsup2

Last edited:
With kids, without kids, whatever! It'll work well and be affordable to some and not others, as with any offering. Sounds perfect for you, and we might try it, too on a short trip. I just always find it strange when some attempt to turn something subjective (value) into an objective fact/truth. Never makes sense to try.

:thumbsup2

This new plan is definitely of interest to dh and I. We're booked for Easter week staying 3 nights at the Grand Floridian then we're off property at Universal and timeshare. While at the GF we've booked 2 dessert parties (only for the better views without crazy waits..dh doesn't even eat dessert since he is diabetic) , and we've booked the Nights of Adventure tour for AK(for the fp's only). Our spend is roughly $800 over the room and tickets for the extras. None of the monorail resorts have Club available for our dates but WL does, and at a price not much more than what we're paying now. The only thing holding us back from booking immediately is the tiering issue, and if these fp's are without tier issues we'll be jumping on it

When we first found out about FP+ what seems like ages ago now, I remember people were adamant that Disney would never move to monetizing it at all, despite that being the fear of many of ours.

I think this isnt just a test but the first steps towards a larger plan to monetize anything above the initial 3. I can’t say I would be surprised to see this option to purchase and to book earlier move to all deluxe resorts, or even property wide, to create another onsite perk that costs Disney nothing.

I agree with this, but I think that eventually even the first three free will go away too.

I don't know if this has been mentioned upthread already, but I used to brag about how the Fastpass system did not discriminate against the have nots. Unlike other parks, if you had a ticket, you had access to fastpasses. But alas, they have succumbed to greed and lost the morals I so admired.

they have succumbed to greed and lost the morals I so admired
I truly don’t understand this. So other theme parks that do charge for similar things are immoral in some fashion, and now Disney is, too? This is like asserting that market segmentation is immoral. This is a business offering what are essentially luxury items (Disney vacations). These aren’t people being priced out of a necessity or the like.

I absolutely understand not liking it. Lost morals, though??

I hate having a schedule at WDW (3 pre-booked FP and maybe an ADR is definitely enough scheduled stuff for me.) The extra 30 days is a nice perk for booking top attractions, though. I wouldn’t pay $50 per person per day for it though.

We are DVC owners and I am the most interested to see if people staying in the cabins or bungalows on points will get this offer or just people paying cash.

I wouldn't pay $50 per person per day either. I've waited up to 90 minutes for top tier attractions like Flight of Passage. I guess if all three FP+ were used to save an average 1.5 hours of waiting, then you're paying about $11 per hour saved ($50 divided by 4.5 hours). That's on top of the room rate for club level.

Is my time worth $11/hour? I guess you could argue that it is... but on vacation I'd probably rather spend that $50/day on something else.

700 Club Level rooms now
Until they convert more and more rooms to Club Level

If more people are willing to pay for club level, then they can and should convert more rooms to club level. I probably shouldn't doubt the willingness of guests to spend more and more money. But the demand would have to exist.

When we first found out about FP+ what seems like ages ago now, I remember people were adamant that Disney would never move to monetizing it at all, despite that being the fear of many of ours.

I think this isnt just a test but the first steps towards a larger plan to monetize anything above the initial 3. I can’t say I would be surprised to see this option to purchase and to book earlier move to all deluxe resorts, or even property wide, to create another onsite perk that costs Disney nothing.

You bring up a good point. And I think it's our fault. We the guests (or at least the less price sensitive guests among us) are the ones who vote with our wallets, telling Disney that we want to pay upcharges for premium extras. If they decide to roll it out to everyone at the resort, or even off-site guests, I bet a lot of people would look at it and say: What a value! Take my money!

I don't love it, in the same way I don't really pay more for specially ticketed parties, dessert cruises, or special magic events. But I recognize there are many people in the world who are either (1) wealthy or (2) value these things more than I do. They could even try testing different pricing from $20/day to $100/day to find out what the market will bear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter