Watching for BOG Breakfast to be Extended-Now Open :)

Well it s august 5..I'm feelling sad for those who tought that the breakfast open today..just check if there was preopend park adr and none was available during my trip (so happy to have found DIS 2 years ago)

I just checked my date too, no breakfast tables available.

Does anyone know if the eggs are cooked to order? That runny egg thing isn't going to work for me. Unless I see it drop from the chicken, eggs need to be cooked through. Think of where a commercial egg has been been. :bleeech:

I was able to get my pick of breakfast times for December 7th on Sunday evening (August 2nd). We are going to try it. Got 9:55

Just checked for reservations on the day I'm going ... Nothing available.. So happy I got mine the other day.. Thank you DIS!!!! :disrocks:

It was the DIS that led me down the "Reservations open August 6th" path. You were the true... believer? disbeliever? DISbeliever?... that kept up the mantra of "refresh that ADR request"!

I ended up booking four 1-person ADRs in order to get my party into BOG pre-open as my MK day was filled up almost immediately.

I just checked my date too, no breakfast tables available.

Does anyone know if the eggs are cooked to order? That runny egg thing isn't going to work for me. Unless I see it drop from the chicken, eggs need to be cooked through. Think of where a commercial egg has been been. :bleeech:

Oh, I dunno. Thinking about where a REAL egg has been isn't that appetizing either. :P

I have a 9:10 for the day I need but was hoping for something earlier...I may need to call Disney to question their PR tactics of announcing dates and not releasing anything. I checked at midnight, 2, 4 and 6 today and nothing...

There are still multiple times available for my date, but none earlier than 8:55 a.m. so it wouldn't be pre-rope drop. Of course now I'm on to a new crazy thought - maybe since there are still times left it means the park will be "slower" that day :yo-yo:

I'm so sorry that some people missed out because of the misinformation from Disney. I guess in the end, it was good that I had to work a half day that day. I missed that part of the conversation and by the time I checked in, ADRs had gone live.

There are plenty of early times left for my dates in December (I'm looking at December 20-22). What is disappearing are the later times. With 7 AM EMH likely that week, I think the strategy is to book as late as possible and get as many rides in as you can before breakfast. Unfortunately, all of the 9:55 times were gone by the time I got there (2 hours later). There was a 9:45 and a 9:50. Those times have now crept up to 9:35 or 9:40 depending on the day. Seems pretty easy to book at 8:10 for those days. It would be nice if Disney would confirm their final hours for that week. We still don't have a crowd calendar from Easy WDW. I don't want to book FP+ without it, but if Disney doesn't update their hours until 2 weeks before December like a PP mentioned, it looks like we will be gambling on it. I guess it may not make to much difference in the end. We know to plan for it to be CROWDED!

I just want to thank the DIS as well. I informed my TA what I had "heard" about the breakfast opening.... So that she could try to get my ressies just in case I couldn't. I had my ressies before she ever responded to my email!

I got 3 breakfast reservations for 8am and one lunch at 2pm. I had my pick of times thus morning; no problem at all.

So, curious...

All y'all December ppl who are grabbing those 8:10's thru 8:55's on the hopes that the park won't open till 9... why are you so excited? I booked one cuz I happened to just see an 8:10 pop up for our party... but I'm not sure I really want it. The park is going to open at 8 and there's no way I'm going to be eating between 8 and 9. So why is everyone so excited about finding these? I could see the October and early November folks being ecstatic of course cuz those are genuine pre-opening ADRs!

I really wish they'd do 7:30 breakfasts on 8am days. You know ppl would book them up!

So, curious...

All y'all December ppl who are grabbing those 8:10's thru 8:55's on the hopes that the park won't open till 9... why are you so excited? I booked one cuz I happened to just see an 8:10 pop up for our party... but I'm not sure I really want it. The park is going to open at 8 and there's no way I'm going to be eating between 8 and 9. So why is everyone so excited about finding these? I could see the October and early November folks being ecstatic of course cuz those are genuine pre-opening ADRs!

I really wish they'd do 7:30 breakfasts on 8am days. You know ppl would book them up!

Right now new years eve hours are 9 to 12am. If anything I would imagine them staying open later than 12, so yeah I'm excited with my pre 9am BOG res. If they change the open time that's fine also.

What is the history for hours....Does MK typically open earlier than 9 in December (will be at MK Dec. 18 and 22 and have 8:20 BOG for each day). I totally agree that it is very difficult to make plans, like you need to for an efficient trip to do what you want to be able to do, when Disney doesn't release their info prior to decisions needing to be made. For example, I booked a private illuminations cruise, but had a heck of a time figuring out what time to make ADR because CM was still swearing that illuminations would be at 9:30...and you have to be at boat dock at least an hour prior...which is at Yacht Club...and I was trying to do Candlelight processional same night, so needed to coordinate dining, show time, and boat time. So I didn't lose out with CP and ADR, I booked several options, which I realize is like "hogging up" the ressies until I decide, but I can't coordinate my time until Disney releases all details (and if I sit and wait for that all illuminations cruises and CP dinner options would be gone!)...I wish Disney realized this and just told the real times at least 180 days out....December is December, it's not like things will be drastically different than last year. Then, maybe it would be much easier to get ressies bc ppl like me wouldn't be hogging them up until Disney makes a decision. BTW, last I heard illuminations is at 10:30 that night, so my boat cruise will be later. I still don't know who will be the narrator for the CP, though, so not sure if I am hanging on to that ressie, or not...may depend on who the narrator is, since it is so much more expensive to book an ADR with CP..and we saw CP a few years ago. If we have to get up to be on the computer by 6:00 a.m. 180 days out, then I wish Disney would have their hours figured out at least 181 days out ;-).

Does anyone know if all members of your party need a reservation? For example my son and daughter prefer bagels at the hotel and didn't seem too excited about the BOG breakfast menu. So if I only book for two adults, how does that affect the seating? Or what if I find two single seats can this work? There seem to be some single seats available...

Does anyone know if all members of your party need a reservation? For example my son and daughter prefer bagels at the hotel and didn't seem too excited about the BOG breakfast menu. So if I only book for two adults, how does that affect the seating? Or what if I find two single seats can this work? There seem to be some single seats available...

Yes you will need to make an ADR for everyone who will be entering the restaurant. However, you are not obligated to order a meal for everyone, so if you wish to buy only 2 adult meals then that would be fine.

What is the history for hours....Does MK typically open earlier than 9 in December (will be at MK Dec. 18 and 22 and have 8:20 BOG for each day). I totally agree that it is very difficult to make plans, like you need to for an efficient trip to do what you want to be able to do, when Disney doesn't release their info prior to decisions needing to be made. For example, I booked a private illuminations cruise, but had a heck of a time figuring out what time to make ADR because CM was still swearing that illuminations would be at 9:30...and you have to be at boat dock at least an hour prior...which is at Yacht Club...and I was trying to do Candlelight processional same night, so needed to coordinate dining, show time, and boat time. So I didn't lose out with CP and ADR, I booked several options, which I realize is like "hogging up" the ressies until I decide, but I can't coordinate my time until Disney releases all details (and if I sit and wait for that all illuminations cruises and CP dinner options would be gone!)...I wish Disney realized this and just told the real times at least 180 days out....December is December, it's not like things will be drastically different than last year. Then, maybe it would be much easier to get ressies bc ppl like me wouldn't be hogging them up until Disney makes a decision. BTW, last I heard illuminations is at 10:30 that night, so my boat cruise will be later. I still don't know who will be the narrator for the CP, though, so not sure if I am hanging on to that ressie, or not...may depend on who the narrator is, since it is so much more expensive to book an ADR with CP..and we saw CP a few years ago. If we have to get up to be on the computer by 6:00 a.m. 180 days out, then I wish Disney would have their hours figured out at least 181 days out ;-).

I totally agree with you and their changing of hours completely messes with everything...They just moved Wishes which from what I could tell from the hours posted last year was at 9 pm and now they moved it to 8 pm which messes up my dinner reservations because we were planning to eat around 7 and then try to find a good spot for viewing but now with them moving it in by an hour it won't. It seems everyone believes that they will open MK at 8 during December because that is typically what happens. So, totally true that those 8-9 am reservations will likely not be pre-opening ADRs, but no one knows for sure until they change the calendar. The recent revision where they did that did not change to an 8:00 am opening yet. I think people are assuming that open will be 8:00 am and there has been an 8:25 slot open at BOG breakfast for at least the last 18 hours because I have my dining scout set and it keeps alerting me even though I did get the 8:30 reservation I was hoping for IN CASE they don't actually open at 8.

MK opened at 8:00 every day in December 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter