• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW and DL Pirates to change Redhead scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the plan to change the scene in Pirates with the red head as a woman pirate has probably been in the works for awhile, but the timeline is odd, especially since DL just had a refurbishment. Based on how Disney responded to the unexpected success of Frozen, I wouldn't be surprised to see them answer the success of Wonder Woman with something to capitalize on the trend by moving the timetable up for the change.

well, I am sure the success of Wonder Woman didn't hurt things ... but I also think we sometimes underestimate how separate the different divisions of Disney are. If this is a move to capitalize on the future of the movie series and to push forward a new woman Pirate - that creative division very well could be doing their planning separate from the division that handles regular maintenance of the ride. Or maybe when they did the last refurb of the ride they realized that scene was in rough shape so they just got it as refreshed as they could knowing there could be this major update coming in a bit. We don't know exactly - but I struggle to see Disney see the results of the Wonder Woman movie and then 2 weeks later or whatever have an entire plan ready for a new scene, etc. and that be the only/main driver of it

Honest thought but some parts of this thread is just getting out there. The talk earlier in the beginning of the thread and through the middle was discussion, while heated at times still remained respectful, now it's just turning into cheap shots (subtle and not so subtle), tit for tat, one up, lesson 101, etc

Wow, now it's about Wonder Woman, the society we call reddit and female vs male ............... and here I thought it was a ride in an amusement park getting a scene change. :confused3 This is sad.

Extremely. Not sure why all of the "female is or isn't offensive" posts weren't deleted yesterday during the moderator thread clean-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter