WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Just doing a status check on things, other than 7/15 and 7/16 DHS, all parks are still available. I had sort of assumed 7/11 at MK would go pretty quickly. Demand less than we think? We’re all so annoyed with the IT mess we gave up or still haven’t gotten in? Lower MK capacity is still a decent number of guests? I’m guessing some of all of the above.

I know this is a stupid question but hoping someone here knows. I have 7 day Canadian promo tickets that I’m using in December. Initially I wanted to add a day when I get to the parks... but with this park pass reservation, I don’t know now how it would work. I have other tickets but wanted to use this as it supposedly expires at the end of December. Can I make the reservation with other tickets then use this ticket and add a day there?

also,I know there’s a glitch with booking more days. I can’t seem to book for my March trip even if I have tickets. Would calling help?

thanks in advance.

I was able to modify my reservation this morning to add a day to our nine day tickets. I was also able to change someone's park hopper to a base and add an extra day to it as well.
Just started reading back and I found this! Did you call to do this? If yes, can you please provide me with the number? :) thanks!!!

Just doing a status check on things, other than 7/15 and 7/16 DHS, all parks are still available. I had sort of assumed 7/11 at MK would go pretty quickly. Demand less than we think? We’re all so annoyed with the IT mess we gave up or still haven’t gotten in? Lower MK capacity is still a decent number of guests? I’m guessing some of all of the above.

I definitely think demand is much less than people on this board think. I have been running the numbers the last few weeks and I just did not understand all the angst, specifically for people with resort reservations AND tickets. People have to have all the puzzle pieces in place, know about the DPP, and want to travel right now. Its a pretty small (relatively speaking) group.

I also think the capacity is higher than people think it is. We aren't talking 2-3k guests per park. Even if they do 30% capacity (similar to Shanghai) that is still a fair amount of people.

Pretty easily. If you don't mask, you leave.

Frankly, I don't see what the huge deal about wearing a mask is. Several people on this thread have said its a deal breaker, even after it cools off. Are people really that uncomfortable in them? Don't want to deal with it? Or are there still people who think they aren't necessary in social situations? Students all over the country will be wearing them daily in class when we go back to school. and more and more businesses are requiring them for entry. I think we are all just going to have to adapt to wearing them for now, for the heath and safety of everyone.
I am deaf in one ear so masks are not a great development for me. That's why I'd rather go to Disney maskless in any weather rather than wearing a mask in cool weather.

My daughter and I are staying at Saratoga Springs from July 21-24. I have an Annual Pass, but she doesn't have a park ticket. Has anyone had any luck getting park tickets for people on an existing reservation?
No. It stops you. I tried.

Anyone been able to call for assistance and get through today. I have called three different Disney phone numbers I found on their website and cannot get the phones to even connect or ring. Just silence. I tried for a long time this morning and how it is 4 pm Eastern time and I am trying again with no luck. Even though I have a resort reservation with tickets that show up on my plans, the system says I do not have tickets and I need to link them. When I put in my confirmation number, it just gives me another error message stating that reservation is already linked to me. UGGG!!!

I was able to make reservations for everyone in my party except me. My AP expires in 61 days (before my trip). Tomorrow will be 60 days and I'm supposed to be able to renew it at that point, right? Will a renewal link magically :/ appear at midnight tonight?

I made a bonehead blunder... my daughter somehow shows up twice in My Friends & Family. I have her on our July trip as one version of herself... that didn't have a ticket... instead of the other with an AP. I had some spare tickets, so I quickly transferred it to her, but it is short one day... and she has an AP already... and the reservations say you have to use the ticket that the park pass was reserved with. Shouldn't be that big of a deal to fix it, but so far I've dialed 63 times and get busy signal or message on the number it says to call if there are duplicate people in your party.

I am hearing mixed things - I currently have 1 day park hopper tickets loaded into MDE (one for each person in my party). Is it true that I can call and have someone change them into base tickets and get an extra day of tickets by making the change??

I do not have a resort stay linked as we are staying off site.

Ok, I need help. I’ve been traveling all day and was unable to get on the reservation system this morning (like everyone else). Finally got in I am at WDW for 5 days, have 4 day ticket . I can only make reservations for our first day (a Friday)Saturday-Tuesday says I can’t reserve.... how can this be right on day 1 of booking reservations?

PLEASE READ IF YOU'VE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO BOOK ONE OR TWO DAYS ONLY - I've just read on a Facebook page that someone who had only been able to book 1 day before the rest said the parks are unavailable, cancelled that reservation so that nothing was booked then tried again working from the last day of the trip to the first and it worked.
I had nothing to lose as I'd only booked 1 day out of my 14 for this Oct so tried it ... AND IT ONLY WORKED!!!
Absolutely your decision if you want to try this but I promise that I've just been able to book all my days - I'm so happy, I could cry from all the stress I've endured this afternoon haha xxx

I tried. When I cancelled my park reservation it did open up all of the other parks on the other days but as soon as I chose the last day, it wouldn't let me go any further. Same message - no availability. I went back in and cancelled again and again the other days opened up but I could never get more than one day. I'm going to wait a little bit and see if they work out the glitches later today.

Same here. Tried the above method, and was able to book the last day of the trip, but got the unavailable/sold out message for the rest of the days. It seems it's only letting me book 1 day for some reason, even though we have a week-long stay with 4-day tickets.

Just got an email from Disney Destinations (only 9 hours after reservations sort of went live) saying "It’s time to make your Theme Park reservations." 🙄🤦‍♂️

Fortunately my wife and I were on top of what's going on and were up bright and early, and managed to get our Park Pass reservations already. I can't imagine what those relying on Disney emails to know what to do are going through right now.

• Haha
Reactions: DLo
Finally got back in but still doesn’t let me make any additional days. Has anyone heard anything else in the AP/ multiple resort days issue?

Just got an email from Disney Destinations (only 15 hours after reservations sort of went live) saying "It’s time to make your Theme Park reservations." 🙄🤦‍♂️

Fortunately my wife and I were on top of what's going on and were up bright and early, and managed to get our Park Pass reservations already. I can't imagine what those relying on Disney emails to know what to do are going through right now.
Same here :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any comments regarding arrival times for park reservations. Is everyone getting park opening or are people getting later time windows? If so, what is the latest time window? Just curious.

No. It stops you. I tried.
Yeah, I finally got into the reservation system and when it said my daughter didn't have a ticket, there was a link to buy one. But when I clicked the link it took me to a "things to know before going to Disney" page.

I have been lurking on this page and finally decided to create an account today so that I can post! I am a bundle of nerves waiting to make my park reservations today! I am in Ireland so thankfully didn't have to get up too early, as it will be 12pm for me when this opens up. I keep refreshing the page to see if anything has changed yet.
Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter