WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I got on after 3 hours made one reservation for July 12. Went back to book another day have not been able to get into it again :(

Rented DVC points and need to change five day hoppers from cancelled trip to 7 day ones.

is this something they can do now? Or is this a new sale I need to wait on? I don’t know if it is a “package” and I can’t even get the number to call to ring, much less answer.

After hours of trying to get in, (started at 6:00 a.m. central) I was finally able to access the park reservation system for my August 2020 dates. It let me select my group and then nothing. About thirty minutes later the screen opened up and let me choose a park reservation, but it only let me choose the first of my 5 days and then it said no park availability after the first day. I haven't read every post in this thread so I may be missing it, but has anyone else had that problem? I'm hoping it's a "technical issue" and not a "all reservations are used up" problem.

Rented DVC points and need to change five day hoppers from cancelled trip to 7 day ones.

is this something they can do now? Or is this a new sale I need to wait on? I don’t know if it is a “package” and I can’t even get the number to call to ring, much less answer.

From all the reports I am hearing, the only ticket modifications they are currently doing is removing park hopper and/or water parks options. They cannot add days to tickets.

After hours of trying to get in, (started at 6:00 a.m. central) I was finally able to access the park reservation system for my August 2020 dates. It let me select my group and then nothing. About thirty minutes later the screen opened up and let me choose a park reservation, but it only let me choose the first of my 5 days and then it said no park availability after the first day. I haven't read every post in this thread so I may be missing it, but has anyone else had that problem? I'm hoping it's a "technical issue" and not a "all reservations are used up" problem.
I'm splitting my (military) ticket between August and November resort stays. This morning, once I got in I had no problems booking 3 days in August, but it would not let me book for November even though I had a day left on the tickets and kept giving me the no park availability message.

Several hours later, it finally just let me book the day we had left on the ticket :)
(Now to add more days to the ticket "later this summer"... hopefully! And get a resort since both of ours are not on the open list)

Has anyone been able to make a park reservation in the last few hours? I got three days (out of six for my trip) at about 9:10 EST, then it seems the system went down. I can get in to the reservation page, but all dates/parks are shown as unavailable.

It looks like a technical issue. Lots of others have had this same issue. Hopefully you can try again and it reserves. The availability calendar which I can see still is showing all days as available.

From all the reports I am hearing, the only ticket modifications they are currently doing is removing park hopper and/or water parks options. They cannot add days to tickets.
From everything I've heard, they are not adding days.
Also, Shades of Green has told me they cannot modify existing tickets or sell new ones until Disney begins selling tickets again.

I was able to modify my reservation this morning to add a day to our nine day tickets. I was also able to change someone's park hopper to a base and add an extra day to it as well.

After having it open on ipad - safari and laptop - chrome for about three hours , I got five of my six days booked. Several times , I got either Olaf or no parks available . All but my last day , if I tried again with going back to prior page and trying again - eventually it worked. Frustrating having to keep going back multiple times and still nothing for my last day. Had to leave for a while and now waiting with castle screen after having the space mountain in orbit page. ( laptop On chrome since that is what worked the first time ) I am solo nov 30- dec 5 . Just need the last day .
Good luck everyone!

edited to add. Finally got my last day ! I would say it took about 45 minutes of just waiting. This is right now. This morning I started around 7:45 and got in around 11:45 .( eastern time )

Last edited:
Hey, I was stuck as one of those people who reserved one day and was given the "no parks available" message. The park I reserved was for the first day. On, a hunch I cancelled that first day park reservation and...it let me make the reservations for the rest of my stay. The key (for me at least) was to cancel the first day reservation , make the other days starting from last day, and make the reservation for my FIRST day LAST. I was able reserve all the days of my trip this way. I tested this a few times and it worked each time.

So those desperate with "one park reservation and the rest of their trip has no parks unavailable", this might be worth a shot?

Has anyone been able to make a park reservation in the last few hours? I got three days (out of six for my trip) at about 9:10 EST, then it seems the system went down. I can get in to the reservation page, but all dates/parks are shown as unavailable.

When looking at the DPP Availability page, Did you select “Disney Resort Guests”?

Hey, I was stuck as one of those people who reserved one day and was given the "no parks available" message. The park I reserved was for the first day. On, a hunch I cancelled that first day park reservation and...it let me make the reservations for the rest of my stay. The key (for me at least) was to cancel the first day reservation , make the other days starting from last day, and make the reservation for my FIRST day LAST. I was able reserve all the days of my trip this way. I tested this a few times and it worked each time.

So those desperate with "one park reservation and the rest of their trip has no parks unavailable", this might be worth a shot?
Hmm, and I went backward(last one to first one, but only got one)

Edit: how were you able to log in afterwards without getting the castle? Or did you get the castle, then the orbit page, and wait again?

After having it open on ipad - safari and laptop - chrome for about three hours , I got five of my six days booked. Several times , I got either Olaf or no parks available . All but my last day , if I tried again with going back to prior page and trying again - eventually it worked. Frustrating having to keep going back multiple times and still nothing for my last day. Had to leave for a while and now waiting with castle screen after having the space mountain in orbit page. ( laptop On chrome since that is what worked the first time ) I am solo nov 30- dec 5 . Just need the last day .
Good luck everyone!

edited to add. Finally got my last day ! I would say it took about 45 minutes of just waiting. This is right now. This morning I started around 7:45 and got in around 11:45 .( eastern time )

Glad you were able to get your last day. I'm in the same time frame (november 28 to december 6) with no problems for the last day. But I got in about an hour before you so that probably helped a bit on my side.

Reactions: DLo
Hmm, and I went backward(last one to first one, but only got one)

Edit: how were you able to log in afterwards without getting the castle? Or did you get the castle, then the orbit page, and wait again?

I was already logged in? But I've spent the morning getting the castle and the orbit page and I had waited on the castle page for my plans, and had another tab open trying to make my park selections . I was finally taken to my plans, at which point I cancelled the first day's park reservation, and as soon as I did that I switched tabs and all the parks opened up in the reservation screen and I was able to select all the days of my trip (mid September). For research purposes, I did this another three times, reserved a few days of my trip, then picked the first day, and each time I picked the first day of my trip I was locked out from making other day selections due to the "No park available" thing.

I'm not really sure *how* I did it, I merely wanted to report what worked for me and the way I did it in hopes of maybe it working for someone else.

I was able to modify my reservation this morning to add a day to our nine day tickets. I was also able to change someone's park hopper to a base and add an extra day to it as well.

I have heard some other TAs saying they had success updating tickets even though we aren't technically supposed to be allowed to yet. I would guess most guests aren't able to yet either.

I'm going to try your suggestion if I can ever get back in to the system. Thank you so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter