WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Why am I still waiting to cancel dining? The parks aren’t even open so some of these restaurants wouldn’t be either, we are very clearly not going, but still it has been too drilled into me how precious some of these ADRs are 😂. The Disney planning bug is real.

same here! I kept double checking the news to make sure they really were closing. And of course now I’m getting alerts from Touring Plans dining reservation finder that the day/time I wanted for Ogas is finally available 😂😂

Why am I still waiting to cancel dining? The parks aren’t even open so some of these restaurants wouldn’t be either, we are very clearly not going, but still it has been too drilled into me how precious some of these ADRs are 😂. The Disney planning bug is real.

I get it. If Disney is still closed in May I will probably hold onto my FOP, SDD, and MMRR FPs until Disney makes them go poof.

I waited 1hr 50 mins only to be told her computer was having “magical enhancements “ and be dumped into another 2 hour queue!
magical enhancements is code for technical difficulties

they need IT to reinstate cancelling /changing online for close reservations so people can do it themselves.

universal was easy breezy to cancel my Royal Pacific reservation!

same here! I kept double checking the news to make sure they really were closing. And of course now I’m getting alerts from Touring Plans dining reservation finder that the day/time I wanted for Ogas is finally available 😂😂
I got a TP notification for Rose and Crown for the 17th for dinner. Been trying to get that for months.

I have a conference for work in the beginning of April, they have not canceled it yet.

I am just waiting for the e-mail that it has been canceled. There are thousands of attendees. We are all staying at the Coronado.

We have a family trip in June, I have a feeling this will be canceled too.

Just wondering now if the park will reopen in April or they will extend the closure. Obviously, nobody knows at this point.

have they said anything about how this affects APs?

I got through to a CM, and was told that (for those who have booked 3/16-3/31) they were allowing them to rebook for the same length of trip. So if you had a 4 day trip planned, they will move it back for you and you'll have a 4 day trip later (he implied it could be moved past your pass expiration, but I'm going to get more specifics should our trip in mid April be canceled). Our passes expire less than 2 months from now, so rescheduling within that window wouldn't be possible. So they aren't extending passes, but they are going this route.

We were due to fly in next Friday for 8 days, using an annual pass. Really takes away the value of the pass for us losing our week.
Cannot get through to Disney right now.
Wondering if they automatically refund our resort deposits or if we need get through?
The option to cancel online appears to be disabled at this time.

Just wondering now if the park will reopen in April or they will extend the closure. Obviously, nobody knows at this point.

Obviously all anyone can give you is a guess. I wouldn't expect the closure to be less than a month due to the incubation period, but you never know. Maybe the social distancing will work enough to get things back under control quickly.

Wondering about this myself, since we bought APs this year to cover 3 trips, we've taken the first one so the clock is ticking on our 365 days. Health and safety is of course our #1 priority, but it sure would be nice to have an extension of some sort. If we can't go in April, it will be down to 2 trips and not really worth it to have bought APs.

I bought an AP this past January for the same reason. Interested to see how this will play out.

Dumb idea? So we purchased 2-day tickets with the start date of March 22. I wonder if I could put a dispute on my credit card and let disney and the card company deal with it?

Was meant to be in WDW in the coming week for 7 days (20-26/3), I am doomed to cancel the package.😭 As per the UK side, it is so annoying that working hours are fixed and I need to call them right the first thing in the morning.

Now on phone waiting for the USA side for the refund of AHE at MK. Been in line for 2 hours and still listening to gorgeous Disney music.

Luckily most of my plans apart from WDW can be refunded or moved to a later date this year, saving my wallet a little.

we just cancelled our trip coming up this Saturday :( I have moved our tickets and resort stay to October. My question is we have hard tickets for the Villains after hours. Do i need to call to get my refund? And what number would be the best to call for my 3 hour hold time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter