WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Just cancelled our 3/23 trip and rescheduled for June 21-27. Hopefully things stabilize by then. It would break my heart to have to cancel, more so than it already has.

Now...we were flying on southwest travel credits that expire in April. What do you think the odds are that they’ll extend them?
Given the extenuating circumstances, I think your odds are good. Give them a call.

we just cancelled our trip coming up this Saturday :( I have moved our tickets and resort stay to October. My question is we have hard tickets for the Villains after hours. Do i need to call to get my refund? And what number would be the best to call for my 3 hour hold time?

I called up the guest services side, and they redirected me to the reservations team I think.
Although I absolutely love Disney music, a 2-hour music loop is not fun at all 😭

Good bye Disney. We had a trip planned for last week of April into early May, BUT my husband is just turning 60 with many health issues, and I'm 57, and while I used to be the healthier of the two of us, I am quickly catching up to him.

So while it was really hard, we made the choice to cancel last night. It was particularly hard because I managed to get all the FastPasses we wanted, and we had the perfect balance of parks and relaxing.

We usually do not "panic". We usually stay the course, BUT given my husband's recent diagnosis of late onset asthma, we just can't take the chance. Is there a chance we could contract coronavirus locally? Absolutely! But we think traveling just increases the odds at the moment.

I am very worried about my beloved Disney. I am willing to bet cancellations are abounding, and the question is whether this organization is strong enough and diversified enough to withstand this latest challenge. Will it be short-term enough that it can withstand the turbulence, or will it be long-term enough that it will fold? It is my Happy Place, and I truly hope it survives so I can yet again go and center myself. No where else have I been able to do that as I have at Disney.

Good luck to all the senior executives at Disney and their teams. I hope you can navigate through this and come out even stronger on the other side. We have you in our thoughts and offer all the pixie dust that we can muster!....:lovestruc:love::wizard::wizard::wizard:

You wrote a very caring message. I feel that Disney will come through this once things seem to be lessening. I'm a senior citizen and prone to bronchitis, etc so I would not want to take the risk. Even at home , I'm pretty much staying home with a quick early morning trip to the grocery store. I hope at a later date you and your husband will enjoy a wonderful trip there. I think Disney has done the right thing by closing 3/12/20

Here today. Magical Express, resorts and Disney Springs are crowded. Airports both ways were jamming like nothing was out of the ordinary.

Leaving Sunday but thinking of flying out Saturday. Curious to see how things change. Avoiding the parks this trip so I can’t speak to that.

Stay healthy everyone.

Do I need to go onto MDE and cancel all my ADR? We were supposed to leave in a few hours for Beach Club.

Is anyone else still holding? Almost 4 hours in. I assume they still answer even if they’re closed?

I am in for 2.5 hours :crazy2:
I guess so? I once called guest services in odd hours when something wrong turned up on my booking when the arrival date is just the day after and some lovely cast member did pick up the call.

Really sorry for everyone whose trips aren't going to happen. I will hold off what to do for our May trip for a while yet but I will try to call DVC in a week or so after those who are more immediately impacted will have called to ask about any flexibility on points--I have never cancelled a points reservation and have a lot of points sunk in this one. I am also going to look at whether we can shift a little later into May, although I was working around work start dates for kids. That said, my soon to be college grad son (who probably won't have a graduation and will complete his semester online) probably won't have a job since interviews are being cancelled, but my daughter won't have that flex. My parents, who are late 70's but fortunately without chronic health conditions, don't want to be around people who have flown for at least 2 weeks after, so we have that to consider as well. I have my Fastpasses and dinner reservations (although I am probably going to cancel Boma and Crystal Palace and replace with table service) but am thinking that I am going to hold off on my other planning/reading to avoid getting too invested in something that may well not be feasible at the time.

we just cancelled our trip coming up this Saturday :( I have moved our tickets and resort stay to October. My question is we have hard tickets for the Villains after hours. Do i need to call to get my refund? And what number would be the best to call for my 3 hour hold time?
I used this number several years ago when I had had ticket trouble. Just tried it and still a good number. You bypass the Disney main line craziness.
407-566-4985

My heart goes out to anyone affected by this. I would like to think sunnier days are ahead.
Thank you... we’ve been excitedly planning a Disney trip for my birthday for many months for mid April, and we’ve decided we just have to cancel. Been holding out hoping for the best, but for us, we can’t keep up with the anxiety and uncertainty anymore. To me, half the trip is the fun anticipation. Thank goodness we haven’t told the kids.. it was going to be a big fun reveal at the last minute. At least they aren’t disappointed. Anyway, your well wishes resonated with me.

“No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

We have a Vero Beach / WDW trip in April, arriving at WDW on the 6th. Now wondering if they may extend the closure or if they don't, will it be crazy crowded? They closed our schools till the end of March so I guess our girls will be back in school when they should be on spring break in April so if WDW does open back up do I keep them out of school? So many decisions to make. My head hurts with all this going on. And to all those that had to cancel this month, my heart goes out to you all. This totally sucks but catching Covid-19 would be worse.

So my trip was March 25-30. We’ve rebooked our flight and changed our hotel to April 1-6. We have a 3 day base ticket. We’re going to call and ask them to change our ticket dates, but what would the chances be of them rebooking our FPs for us? Obviously we’re well past 60 and 30 day windows.. And we had Runaway Railway booked!! Any input would be appreciated. We’re pretty bummed about the closures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter