WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Yes, I just got this push notification in MDE and it freaked me out, so I came here to see if I was the only one.
I looked at my reservation and it looks the same....
I booked my room through UT, which isn't really a Travel agent either.
Glad I'm not the only one, but very nervous!!!

Fwiw, I'm booked at AKL 11/28-12/5.

Edit: I just noticed that the booking code on my room only reservation changed. It used to say QCR Room only, now it just says Room only. Wonder if that's what triggered it.

Last edited:

So, I decided to call Disney.
They said that the system is in downtime so she can't open and read the log, but she doesn't see any changes to the reservation either.
She suggested I try to call tomorrow when the system is back up.
I wonder if they are internally tagging bookings for the new reservations system coming. I have tickets linked. I don't know if you do or not.

Did anyone else get a cell phone alert from Disney saying changes have been made to an upcoming trip that require review and to contact their travel professional? I don’t have a travel professional for my one remaining trip, and I don’t see anything different on MDE, so I’m confused.
Yes, received one yesterday. Reservation on MDE doesn't appear to have been changed.

Universal Citywalk adds URest areas for people to take off their masks while social distancing.
Im going to ap previews tomorrow and live streaming to show all the procedures
Photo from Orlando Informer
View attachment 498656
I think Disney will do something similar actually inside the Parks and these spots will be MORE popular than the attractions!lol

One possible spot that comes to mind would be the walkway from World Traveler up to the English Channel bridge in Epcot.

I think Disney will do something similar actually inside the Parks and these spots will be MORE popular than the attractions!lol

One possible spot that comes to mind would be the walkway from World Traveler up to the English Channel bridge in Epcot.
My first thought went to the tent at storybook circus, the little area next to space mountain, old smoking section next to big thunder...

Has anyone gotten their money back or cancellation or anything about the Cirque Du Soleil show Drawn To Life? I have tried to cancel many times, before the big shut off of cancellations, and they kept saying that it was not them it was another group. I still technically have not passed my date for the tickets, but it is June 14th, so it is not opening, and I don't know how to get anyone to cancel these tickets and give me a refund. They keep saying that they send an email to the group that handles it but then I hear nothing.
Our show date was April 25ish. When everything closed we received an email saying we would be automatically issued a refund about 30 days after our show date. We received a refund to our cc at about that time.

A coworker who is an AP holder just called to speak to a CM about her situation. She was informed by this person that even if you stay at one of their resorts, there is no guarantee that you will be able to get a reservation to get into the parks!! She wasn't sure if she heard this correctly so she questioned him carefully about this and he repeated that there is no guarantee. If that's true, that is unbelievable and completely unacceptable and a real deal breaker for sure. Why would anyone pay that kind of money just to stay at their resorts without being able to get into the parks? Has anyone else heard of this??

Yes, I have been told that was well.

Today was supposed to be my ADR day. :( Now I am not even sure I will go in Dec. I have time to decide, thankfully. I am wanting to see what the final details will be and how things go before making the decision

Exactly! Currently, my payment is due June 14th. I booked through a TA and received a general email from her Friday evening but nothing yet from Disney. My resort is most likely changing as I have 2 rooms at CSR and I too have the border issue. I am 99.9% sure we're cancelling but I'd like to know all the pieces of the puzzle beforehand.

Here's another thing that I'm thinking...what if we are lucky and get into the parks we have selected, but on our HS day, ROTR goes down or we are impacted by a storm and can only do a fraction of the park because of the reduced hours. There's no way to try again the next day because you're not able to make any park day changes.
Our final payment was due June 14th also. I finally pulled the trigger and cancelled. Didn’t want to, but couldn’t stress about all the unknowns any longer (I don’t mean to sound dramatic). My family is a very laidback and a “go with the flow” family, but it just got to be too many variables and what ifs/etc for the amount of money we would be paying for the trip. I’m sad but relieved we canceled. Going to Florida beaches instead, maybe a manatee tour at crystal river. Disney trip will have to wait.

The Recovery20 refers to Recovery 2020 and it is 35% off the room portion of your package for anyone who had the free dining promotion booked through Sept 2021.

If you had the free dining promo your package now does not include the dining plan. It still includes the tickets and the room, and the 35% off discount has been (or will be) applied to the room.

If you had paid to upgrade your dining plan, that upgrade fee should have been (or will be) refunded too.

We don't know yet what modifications we will be allowed to make once the "freeze" on new bookings and modifications is lifted.

HTH!
Sep 2021? So now there will be no dining plan even in Sep 2021?

Did anyone else get a cell phone alert from Disney saying changes have been made to an upcoming trip that require review and to contact their travel professional? I don’t have a travel professional for my one remaining trip, and I don’t see anything different on MDE, so I’m confused.

According to a phone CM (so take it with a grain of salt), IT is going through each reservation individually to make sure it is all clear and ready for the new changes. As a result this sends out a notification that your reservation changed when in fact it didn’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter