WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if we can extend DAS or reset the 60 day mark while in the parks?

We have a trip mid-May for 8 days, then a 4 day add-on after a beach stay in Tampa in July. However the 60 day timeframe for DAS would end on our first day in July, and we’d also like to try to keep it a surprise for our DAS user, so doing the call ahead would tip him off to something happening, especially since he’d recognize the Disney site.

We may talk to guest services our last day in the parks in May, but wanted to see if anyone had any idea.

Why not do the renewal in the park during the second trip? They would still be surprised as they would actually be in Disneyworld before knowing about.

Why not do the renewal in the park during the second trip? They would still be surprised as they would actually be in Disneyworld before knowing about.
That’s an option as well, but we’d like to see if we can get the advanced DAS passes as well.

I am about to reserve my advance DAS passes for my trip next month and I have a quick question. Do my guests have to have purchase their park tickets before I can make the advance DAS selections? I have an AP and one of my guests does as well. My second guest is getting a park hopper ticket and has not bought it yet.

Thanks!

I am about to reserve my advance DAS passes for my trip next month and I have a quick question. Do my guests have to have purchase their park tickets before I can make the advance DAS selections? I have an AP and one of my guests does as well. My second guest is getting a park hopper ticket and has not bought it yet.

Thanks!
Yes, everyone will need to have their tickets to be linked to your DAS and schedule Advanced Selections. If they don't, it's easy to link them to DAS but not so easy for the Advanced Selections which would need to be cancelled and rebooked based on availability.

Yes, everyone will need to have their tickets to be linked to your DAS and schedule Advanced Selections. If they don't, it's easy to link them to DAS but not so easy for the Advanced Selections which would need to be cancelled and rebooked based on availability.
Thanks for your response. My guest did end up buying her ticket so I should be set now.

We are going to renew our DD DAS tomorrow for our Jan trip. We last registered for our Oct trips which required park reservations. We have a complementary park hopper day remaining from the trip. When we register can we pick any park to register the DAS since reservations will no longer be required?

We last registered for our Oct trips which required park reservations. We have a complementary park hopper day remaining from the trip. When we register can we pick any park to register the DAS since reservations will no longer be required?
It's only dated tickets that don't require a theme park reservation. You may need a reservation with a comp ticket.

Just sharing that I re-registered for DAS at Disneyworld this morning. Started the chat just after 8am and was approved and off the call by 8:30 - I did not make any advanced selections as a set time doesn't work well for me. My issue primarily relates to a "bathroom" issue but not a bladder issue. At least for me, at DW, they are still approving me for a DAS and not suggesting any sort of bathroom pass.

We are an every 2 year family of four. My oldest son utilizes the DAS. The next trip, we are going to be traveling with 4 extra family members (8 total.) The way I understand it, the pass allows us to select six total riders per attraction. Does anyone have any experience switching the party who is riding between attractions?

We are an every 2 year family of four. My oldest son utilizes the DAS. The next trip, we are going to be traveling with 4 extra family members (8 total.) The way I understand it, the pass allows us to select six total riders per attraction. Does anyone have any experience switching the party who is riding between attractions?
You can register your party of 8 under your son's DAS when you apply (everyone will need to have tickets you can access from your Disney account prior to registering) however when you go to select members on the app you can only select 6 (including your son).

You can register your party of 8 under your son's DAS when you apply (everyone will need to have tickets you can access from your Disney account prior to registering) however when you go to select members on the app you can only select 6 (including your son).
Thank you! That was what I thought. Can you select the party right in the app? (We’ve always done the 4 of us and never run up against the limit of 6 before)

Since no reservations are needed now for most guests anymore, (other than AP and a few others, unless it's a "good to go" day), do both advanced DAS reservations have to be in the same park, or can you book them for Park Hopping? I know we were assuming the answer would be "both in same park", but curious if anyone that has registered for DAS since the new park reservation rules went into effect can verify this.

Thanks!!

Since no reservations are needed now for most guests anymore, (other than AP and a few others, unless it's a "good to go" day), do both advanced DAS reservations have to be in the same park, or can you book them for Park Hopping? I know we were assuming the answer would be "both in same park", but curious if anyone that has registered for DAS since the new park reservation rules went into effect can verify this.

Thanks!!
As far as I know, both Advanced Selections need to be in the same park -- but that can be your first park or hopping park as long as your ticket doesn't require a theme park reservation. For those who still need a theme park reservation, I believe the Advanced Selections must be in the park with the reservation.

Thanks!!
I have park hoppers but was only allowed to schedule the advanced DAS selections at the first park (going end of January).

Thanks!!
Replying to my own note here.

Since we seem to mostly be speculating on this topic, I sent this note to the Disability Services folks, and got the following reply. Good info so we don't have to guess:

Hello,

I have a question about how the DAS Advanced Selections will now work with some guests not needing park reservations and some guests will still need them. I scoured the website and didn’t find any info about this.

We will be traveling to WDW and staying on property in April and I will re-register for DAS in March. Since I do have an Annual Pass, I will still need a park reservation. My husband will not since he will be using a date-based park hopper ticket.

Can you tell me what the rules are now for booking the Advanced Selections:

1. Do they have to be in only the park I have a park reservation for, or can they be in the park we plan to hop to later in the day?
  2. Do they both need to be in the same park, or can I book in one in two different parks.
  3. If I need to have a park reservation, but after booking, those days become Good-To-Go Days, can I change the Advanced Selections to the park we plan to hop to (based on availability, of course)?
Sorry, even though I have used DAS for a few years now and thought I had the process down, this has become confusing …

Disability Services Disney Parks <disability.services@disneyparks.com>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2024 8:14 AM
To: Jeanne
Subject: Re: Message From Walt Disney World® Disability Access Services Team

Julius (Disney Parks)
Jan 19, 2024, 9:14 AM EST
Dear Jeanne‍,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being part of the Disney Passholder family!

With regard to the questions in your email, please note that in the case of DAS Advanced Selections, both selections would need to be made for the same park. When reservations are required, they would be for the park in which Passholders would have made their Theme Park Reservation for. On a "Good To Go" date, when making the selections, the Guest would inform the Cast Member at that time which park they are selecting them for (which ideally should be the first park visited).

If a date in which a Guest has Advanced DAS selections made is changed to a "Good To Go" date, as with any desired changes to advanced selections after they have been booked, it will be necessary to open a live chat with our specialized Cast Members and rebooked based on current availability. Should you need to make or rebook Advanced DAS selections now or in the future, you may bookmark this link, scroll toward the bottom of the page, and select "Request Live Chat".

We would like to add that the above information only applies to Advanced DAS selections. As before, selections made via the My Disney Experience mobile app would be restricted to the current park the Guest has entered.

We hope that this information was able to assist you however we want to make sure you have the information you need to enjoy your visit with us. Should you have any additional questions after you have reviewed this information, please feel free to contact us at (407) 560-2547 or feel free to visit any park Guest Relations location during your next visit.

We look forward to making magic for you again soon!

Sincerely,

Julius
Disability Access Services
Walt Disney World® Resort

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Last edited:
@jlundeen Thanks. That pretty much confirms what folks have been reporting here since mid-December when DAS-users started registering for January trips that would take place after the theme park reservation change took effect.

Another successful online registration this morning that was super quick with a pleasant Cast Member who looked just as sleepy as I am. Signed into the chat at 8:11, connected to a real person at 8:18 and the chat ended at 8:22. I didn't make any advance ride selections because I'm not able to predict exactly when we might get to a park and how long we will last once there. I'm just happy that this option exists now because I am not able to do the in person registration. While the ugly crying, deer-in-the-headlights look and mental shut-down that happens when I'm under stress are a clear indication of why I benefit from the DAS pass, it makes it impossible to actually do it!
Huge thanks again to this incredibly caring and empathetic group for helping me to find a way to enjoy our trips within my limitations.

Hi all! I have 2 questions for you.

1. We have 9 people in our group, all registered with DAS with our 1 DAS user. Only 6 of the 9 can currently be booked at rides. If we go to guest relations, is there a chance all 9 can book? If not, is our best strategy to have 3 people buy Genie+ and just meet up with the DAS users when they can?

2. What time can you book your first DAS ride of the day (not advanced rides). Is it when you scan into the park OR at official park opening? Like, we'll scan into Magic Kingdom before the official opening of 9am. Can we book right then, or do we need to wait until 9am?

Thank you!

I have 2 questions for you.

1. You can get all 9 linked, but only a max of 6 will be allowed for each DAS Return Time. You will need to split unless you have party members who might not ride a given attraction anyway (too short, doesn't like coasters, etc.). You might want to buy Genie+; trying to align with DAS Return Times will take a little work but it is (usually) do-able.

2. You cannot book DAS Return Times until the DAS-holder and all guests riders have tapped in to the park that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter