WDW through an 8-month-old’s eyes &10m &13m &16m...New 10/30!

FIRST THINGS FIRST - 2 DAYS 2 DAYS!! :cool1: :cool1:

Yep only 2 days left!! And for work, just the rest of today and tomorrow. Not too bad!

We are about 90% packed. Three suitcases are totally buttoned up, just have to get our park backpack out, in which I will pack the ipad, charging cables, and probably some more Aria toys. And we have 2 suitcases open - the carry on and the 4th checked bag LOL. I am bring WAY too many clothes but she has so many cute things I couldn't decide and am basically packing every single outfit that I love of hers. Or even mildly like...haha...and of course I just bought something else which should arrive Wed or Thurs and I'm hoping we catch the mail truck in time to stuff the outfit into a suitcase... :lmao:

In other news, this past weekend went by in a blur! Andrew threw me a birthday party princess: on Saturday night, so he spent the day preparing for that, tidying up the house, etc. He did an amazing job - handled all the party appetizers, got me a TINKERBELLE cake!! Which was super cute! Unfortunately, he took a total of 3 pictures all night (including the cake, thankfully) but i haven't had a chance to upload them. Hoping to do that tonight and then wiping the memory card so we have the full 3,000 picture capacity...we may only need to clear it out a couple times on the trip then! :rotfl: :rolleyes1

Sunday I FINALLY got Andrew to pack his clothes. And he wrapped my birthday presents (I know, MORE?!). We had the guests-that-never-leave who stayed at the house from the party saturday, then we (Andrew) made a huge breakfast, then they just say around until 1 (YES ONE PM). LOL. Andrew's parents came by around 3 to give me birthday gifts and stayed for Dinner, so basically Sunday was a bust minus finally getting most of Andrews clothes packed away.

I also read about something SUPER AWESOME - the Disney Visa Card lounge at EPCOT, which ALSO has a special Illuminations viewing areA!?!?!? Definitely going to check that out. They have free beverages (soda and coffee and such), and it looks like a great place to get away from the heat and crowds. I hope the viewing area is great and we can actually get in!

Oh and on another positive note, we are feeling much better! Thank you for all your concern! After another 2 days last week of attempting Pedialyte, plus getting her to nurse, and trying to get her to eat solids, Aria finally came around and I think her tummy is doing much better now! Plus she is eating really well again. Last night we steamed broccoli and gave her chunks to eat, which she AND the dogs loved...

550736_804624419401_424031644_n.jpg

and IDK if I shared this with you, but our kitties were snuggling one night last week and I snapped a picture :goodvibes

548626_802608733851_1314027426_n.jpg

(this post needed some pictures even if they really don't fit LOL, I don't like non-picture posts, hope you don't mind!)

Well that's all for now! I won't be able to get 100% done with packing until after my shower Thursday morning, but I hope to do it all minus toiletries tonight. Oh and milk, the milk I pump this week at work I plan to bring along with a bottle, mainly just so I don't have to worry about pumping enough for Kids Nite Out. (I'm bringing my pump too of course but just don't want to have to fret over getting enough out).

LOVE the pictures you have added!!

I can't believe you leave in 2 days! Have a GREAT trip! Hope to see you at the 3D Dessert Party!

Ahhh! I am so excited that you are off in just a few days! I hope you have a fabulous trip and can't wait for your TR!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Bet your super excited about your trip, I am lol, you have not left yet and I can't wait to read your TR. Well our first trip is in December an I know your going as well, so after reading your post, I had a brilliant idea or borrowed your, I have decided to upgrade to AP's since we want to go in September with the whole family. After talking with hubby we now have a trip planned for May as well. So we are going in December, May, and September. I mean for two trips the AP just makes sense. So why not get a lot out of the APs and add a thrived trip. Hope you enjoy your trip, and take plenty of pics of Arias first WDW adventure.

LOVE the pictures you have added!!

I can't believe you leave in 2 days! Have a GREAT trip! Hope to see you at the 3D Dessert Party!

Aw thank you!! I love our animals :) My 1st babies hehehe (and yes still my babies too!). Hope to see you too, I will be looking for you, but please stop if you see me K!!!

Ahhh! I am so excited that you are off in just a few days! I hope you have a fabulous trip and can't wait for your TR!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks!! I'm excited to!!! :lmao:

Bet your super excited about your trip, I am lol, you have not left yet and I can't wait to read your TR. Well our first trip is in December an I know your going as well, so after reading your post, I had a brilliant idea or borrowed your, I have decided to upgrade to AP's since we want to go in September with the whole family. After talking with hubby we now have a trip planned for May as well. So we are going in December, May, and September. I mean for two trips the AP just makes sense. So why not get a lot out of the APs and add a thrived trip. Hope you enjoy your trip, and take plenty of pics of Arias first WDW adventure.

LOL! I am excited to write a TR for the first time. I'm proud I kept up with this PTR (minus a few little absenses..like Aria's birth and such...)

HAHAHA that sounds familiar!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! When in May? It would be neat to overlap :goodvibes Though we don't get there til May 31st hehe.

I'm trying to talk a friend into a weekend trip next Spring. We'll see how that goes. I expect to nurse Aria til she is 1 and then would like to be done (I applaud those who do it longer, but I really REALLY don't enjoy it and look forward to being done).

Anyway (sorry off topic) I hope we enjoy the trip too, I keep mentally going through all the things we will be doing (things such as - HOW IN THE WORLD ARE WE GOING TO GET THROUGH SECURITY WITH ALL OUR CRAP?!) LOL but I'm sure it'll be great. :goodvibes

Well, this may or may not be my last post until we leave!! I just printed our boarding passes - with early bird check in we got A24 and A25 (!!!!!!!!!!) :cool1: I found out there are 60 spots, and the first 18 or so are reserved for business select, so I'm kinda jumping for joy about those #'s!! I really really hope to get a front row seat, with that nice floor space. Other than that, we'll just aim for near the front.

I am almost done packing. Tonight I need to pack the pump, supplies, bottles - plan on carrying this on (this thing was EXPENSIVE LOL). I'm mentally preparing myself for explaining what it is to a TSA agent... :rotfl2:

I washed most of the diapers and stuffed them last night, tonight I just have to wash the ones from daycare & stuff those, so that should go pretty quickly (generally I wash 2 times a week then have a big stuffing evening which can take over an hour to stuff like 50 diapers).

All extra clothes have been washed/folded/packed so tomorrow morning I just have to add in the toiletries, ipad, and iphone/ipad charging cable. I plan to have the car packed so when Andrew gets home from work (BY 11AM I TOLD HIM! :rolleyes1) we can hop in the car and go.

Tonight his duties are: feeding the chickens, filling their water containers, and mowing the lawn.

A friend/Andrew's coworker & commuting buddy is taking us to the airport, so they'll come home and then hop into the Expedition and we should be good to go. We have to go to the counter to check bags and get a pass of some sort for Aria (yes, I got her birth certificate!).

Sorry this was a super duper boring update, it was mainly for my own sanity. But I am excited about the A24/25 #'s :goodvibes

On other news, while I was on Southwest's website, I checked Andrew's account and his 50000 points were in there! They open up flights through May 31st on October 22nd, so we'll book that flight then (with EBCI!!!) - probably first flight of the day. I am not sure what time they release the fares, need to go check that out. HOW AWESOME is it that in the 1.5 months between October disney trip and December Disney trip, I get to book flights AND dining for my June disney trip!?!? (Sorry give me a moment to soak this all in while you roll your eyes and smack your computer...I've never had anything like this remotely in my life, before this trip they were all spaced 3 years apart!).

K I'm done. Back to tomorrow - YAY! NO IDEA HOW WE'RE GOING TO MOVE EVERYTHING but we'll figure it out. I should get a picture while we are at the curb though packing the car seat away LOLOL.

You have to get a picture of that! Hooray for early boarding! That will be super nice having to get settled with aria!

You think you will be bad with bags... I will have 2 checked bags, my carry-on, and my "personal item" stuffed full! and I am the only one flying out of here! Normally when I don't have a ride to the airport I take the light-rail but that involves walking a half mile to get on it. I am not sure I can balance all the bags to get to the light-rail. I REALLY don't want to take a shuttle... A taxi would cost to much! URGH! Not sure what to do!! If I was leaving during the evening I would have lots of people that could bring me but seeing as my flight is mid-day rides are hard to come by.

You think you will be bad with bags... I will have 2 checked bags, my carry-on, and my "personal item" stuffed full! and I am the only one flying out of here! Normally when I don't have a ride to the airport I take the light-rail but that involves walking a half mile to get on it. I am not sure I can balance all the bags to get to the light-rail. I REALLY don't want to take a shuttle... A taxi would cost to much! URGH! Not sure what to do!! If I was leaving during the evening I would have lots of people that could bring me but seeing as my flight is mid-day rides are hard to come by.

So I was able to get on the flight I was hoping to get on by begging and pleading at the airport if I got there early enough. Since I am already on the flight I want I will drive to the airport. Drop off my checked bags, come back and park my car and then take the lightrail with just my carry-on and personal bag! Will be much easier to balance that way!!

I hope you have a FABULOUS TRIP!!!

I hope Aria has an amazing first trip, and that you make tons of magical Disney memories with her! Safe travels and have fun!!!

oboedm said:
You have to get a picture of that! Hooray for early boarding! That will be super nice having to get settled with aria!

I got smart late last night and realized we have a rear facing full size car seat! So we installed that and packed the travel one. Which was a good thing too bc I had a lot of stuff to stuff into that bag lol. It's still awful how silly we are going to look! I posted a pic in the October facebook group but I can't get the URL on my phone to post here. Ugh!

smile4stamps said:

Lol yep we have 4 checked bags, checked car seat, 2 carry on bags, 2 personal items, a stroller, and Aria....this is going to be crazy. I should pack some rope bc I don't know how it will all fit in the rental car.

CandleontheWater said:
have a wonderful trip! We'll be here anxiously awaiting your new TR! :)

Thank you!!!!

smile4stamps said:
So I was able to get on the flight I was hoping to get on by begging and pleading at the airport if I got there early enough. Since I am already on the flight I want I will drive to the airport. Drop off my checked bags, come back and park my car and then take the lightrail with just my carry-on and personal bag! Will be much easier to balance that way!!

I hope you have a FABULOUS TRIP!!!

I'm so so happy for you!!!

khertz said:
I hope Aria has an amazing first trip, and that you make tons of magical Disney memories with her! Safe travels and have fun!!!

Thank you so much! I hope so too!

I know you'll have an amazing trip and I can't wait to see all the adorable pictures of Aria!!

Just wanted to pop in and say we (and in particular Aria) are having a BLAST!! I finally get waiting to meet characters. Ugh I love those interactions so so much. Never ever waited to meet a character before and today I waited for 30 min for sorcerer Mickey by myself while holding Aria and it was so worth it :)

5 more nights left of the trip! Photo shoot tomorrow and early breakfast at Akershus!

Biggest disappointment so far? Kids Nite out and California grill :-/. I wanted to cancel KNO for the 3d dessert party but it's sold out so can't bring in Aria even though she will just sleep. :( I had to request a new care giver and hope it goes better. :(

What happened with KNO?! I hope nothing major!

Glad you are having a fantastic time! Hopefully see you Friday! I didn't know it was sold out??!?!?

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear all the details and see all the pics of your beautiful little one!!

I called back since I also hadn't heard it was sold out and was able to add her to our reservation. So we bought a ticket for her :) YAY! Not sure if she will be awake during the party or not but so happy we won't have a repeat kids nite out experience. It wasn't HORRIBLE I guess but I will explain more when I get home. :) today we decided we don't need another DHS day so we are spending late morning/ lunch at DTD and then swimming in afternoon before exploring WS and the 3D party!!

Hi! I'm glad you are having a great time at WDW! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the KNO story when you get back...I was planning on using them one night in Jan...now I'm scared!! Have a great rest of your trip!!

Glad to hear you are having a good trip and worked everything out. I totally agree about the characters. DH and I never went to see characters until lo, and now I have a had time not stopping everytime I see one :)

I'm so glad that Aria has been having a good time (and you guys, too)! Enjoy the rest of the trip and I look forward to hearing more about it when you get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter