WDW through an 8-month-old’s eyes &10m &13m &16m...New 10/30!

Popping in again. About to head to airport but just wanted to tell you all what an amazing last day we had!! Fantasyland expansion Was in soft opening and we got to do everything back there (minus the seven dwarves train of course!). We also had our best meet & greet - with a princess!

So sad to go home. Especially because it means returning to work and leaving Aria. Andrew and I have both enjoying spending so much time with her and seeing her SO incredibly happy.

Any way to get photo pass pics super fast?? Lol. I'm going to upload the cards I have tonight and try to make all edits tomorrow and then I want them immediately. Hehe

Imagineer5 said:
Popping in again. About to head to airport but just wanted to tell you all what an amazing last day we had!! Fantasyland expansion Was in soft opening and we got to do everything back there (minus the seven dwarves train of course!). We also had our best meet & greet - with a princess!

So sad to go home. Especially because it means returning to work and leaving Aria. Andrew and I have both enjoying spending so much time with her and seeing her SO incredibly happy.

Any way to get photo pass pics super fast?? Lol. I'm going to upload the cards I have tonight and try to make all edits tomorrow and then I want them immediately. Hehe

Wow FLE your so lucky lol, that is So wonderful that aria had a great time, can't wait to see pictures and read your TR. no pressure lol

I know you'll have an amazing trip and I can't wait to see all the adorable pictures of Aria!!

Thanks! Now I hope YOU are having an amazing trip!!

What happened with KNO?! I hope nothing major!

Glad you are having a fantastic time! Hopefully see you Friday! I didn't know it was sold out??!?!?

I posted on your PTR but it was SO FUN meeting up with you and then watching Illuminations together! Hunter is a riot!

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear all the details and see all the pics of your beautiful little one!!

Thanks! Pics are uploading to FB as I type! Hoping to start the TR ASAP! Been thinking about names!

Hi! I'm glad you are having a great time at WDW! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the KNO story when you get back...I was planning on using them one night in Jan...now I'm scared!! Have a great rest of your trip!!

KNO story to come! Luckily it was day 2 so it won't be too far in to the TR!! SOME SUPER AWESOME STUFF HAPPENED ON THE LAST DAY THOUGH so stay tuned!! :goodvibes

Glad to hear you are having a good trip and worked everything out. I totally agree about the characters. DH and I never went to see characters until lo, and now I have a had time not stopping everytime I see one :)

YUP saw so many characters. The meets with photopass photographers were SO worthwhile, I liked them better than character meals!

I'm so glad that Aria has been having a good time (and you guys, too)! Enjoy the rest of the trip and I look forward to hearing more about it when you get back!

Thanks!! :) I hope you THREE are doing fantastic! Can't wait to pop over to your PTR to see how things are going!

Wow FLE your so lucky lol, that is So wonderful that aria had a great time, can't wait to see pictures and read your TR. no pressure lol

YES! FLE!! It was so awesome. We had a great FANTSTIC WONDERFUL time and I hate being home (read: back to work!).

My back to work day has been hellish, full of tears (due to my boss) and also talked to my boss's boss about him. After 2.5 years of his TOTAL BS I can't handle it any more. I work because I have to financially, and now that I have to leave Aria to do it, I'm not going to put up with that CRAP any more from him. UGH. Sorry for the tangent.

So I am home! :(

Actually, at work at the moment and just popping in. I am currently uploading photos to Facebook, making them easily accessible for the TR which I plan to start probably tomorrow. I took 3590 photos, have 411 photopass pictures, and have 104 family photo shoot pictures!! So needless to say my TR will be CHOCK FULL of photos, hope no one minds...;)

Minus a few (READ: MANY) marital disputes (can he stay home in December?!) Aria and I had an amazing time. Andrew might say he had a great time, as well, but for the most part he complained about the heat, our pace, etc, so I will keep most of that stuff out of my TR as much as possible. It did take me a couple days to adjust to the new baby-pace but a few days in and we were having a ball.

Most disappointing meal: California Grill

Best meal: Sanaa (though too many were so fantastic it's hard to choose one!)

Aria's favorite ride: It's a Small World

Aria's first ride: GUESS!

First family photo on the trip: GUESS!

And I'm deciding between two TR titles, both having to do with the FLE we got to experience on our last day. We did everything as it was all open, though we did not have anything to eat at Gaston's minus the brew.

Also, I already have our photopass pictures, chose the "download" option and got 5 zip files, which didn't take too long to download. They are fantastic and I'm SO SO glad we preordered them!

K that's all for now, I'll be updating in a day or so with a TR link, and on a PTR note, we have 6 days til we can book flights for next June! YAY!

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the pics! Also, I'm hoping to learn a few things from you on how to deal with the baby while there. My little guy will be almost 10 months when we are there next month :)

Welcome back! I'm guessing your first family photo was in front of the castle but that seems obvious. Am I right?

Andrew sounds like Kris:

Kris: It's so hot
Me: It's Florida
Kris: It's crowded
Me: It's Disney World
Kris: There are so many kids around.
Me: Did you not hear what I just said?

Believe me, I understand! Next trip I think I'm leaving him at home and going with my sister! Or maybe me and you can go together!

Welcome back! I'm guessing your first family photo was in front of the castle but that seems obvious. Am I right?

Andrew sounds like Kris:

Believe me, I understand! Next trip I think I'm leaving him at home and going with my sister! Or maybe me and you can go together!

lol Jenny you're funny!

Welcome back!

Sorry that work isn't going so well, and I'm also very sorry to hear that Cali grill and KNO was a disappointment.

I have those moments with my DH at Disney too, so don't feel bad! Also don't leave them all out of the TR, sometimes they make for the funniest stories! :rotfl:

Glad you got all your photopass pics so fast, I'm going to waiting for a while for mine!

Imagineer5 said:
So I am home! :(

Most disappointing meal: California Grill

Best meal: Sanaa (though too many were so fantastic it's hard to choose one!)

Aria's favorite ride: It's a Small World

Aria's first ride: GUESS!

First family photo on the trip: GUESS!

And I'm deciding between two TR titles, both having to do with the FLE we got to experience on our last day. We did everything as it was all open, though we did not have anything to eat at Gaston's minus the brew.

Also, I already have our photopass pictures, chose the "download" option and got 5 zip files, which didn't take too long to download. They are fantastic and I'm SO SO glad we preordered them!

K that's all for now, I'll be updating in a day or so with a TR link, and on a PTR note, we have 6 days til we can book flights for next June! YAY!

Aria first ride dumbo?
Welcome at MK or MCO airport Disney area
I honestly can't wait to hear about your trip took a que from you and the fact that we are getting APs we are going right back in January with my 7 month and almost 2yr old. I will be reading for tips and places for them to see. I see you had a family photo shoot I was thinking of doing that at the Polynesian. Did you do just photopass or plus. Let me stop bothering you with questions. To let you get on with your TR

I'm glad that your trip went so well! Sorry that your hubby wasn't 100% into it (I guess I got lucky on that one with mine). I'm glad Aria had a great time. Sorry that work isn't going well. I can't wait to hear about your experience in the new Fantasyland...that sounds awesome!

Can't wait to read about Aria's first trip!!

As for her first ride, I'm going to guess...Pirates of the Caribbean!

I can't wait to hear all about it.... My guess is IASW

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the pics! Also, I'm hoping to learn a few things from you on how to deal with the baby while there. My little guy will be almost 10 months when we are there next month :)

:) Aria will be just over 10 months for december's trip, so it'll be interesting to hear how your experiences DIFFER! haha we'll both be stalking each other's reports!

Andrew sounds like Kris:

LOL! :lmao: I'm sorry he was like that, and that you want to travel w/o him next time! I'm game for a girl's trip! :rotfl2: It's really so irritating to have someone ALWAYS ALWAYS COMPLAINING! UGH! Ok, not always, as he did have his moments, but overall I was really OVER his attitude about everything. :furious:

Welcome back!

Sorry that work isn't going so well, and I'm also very sorry to hear that Cali grill and KNO was a disappointment.

I have those moments with my DH at Disney too, so don't feel bad! Also don't leave them all out of the TR, sometimes they make for the funniest stories! :rotfl:

Glad you got all your photopass pics so fast, I'm going to waiting for a while for mine!

I'll try and remember the funny stories regarding the moments, but seriously my DH was sort of negative the whole time, doesn't make for very humorous times (for me, at least) and I was able to ignore most of it so that we (Aria and I) still had a blast, which we did. It irks me just to think about all the planning that went into the trip and then think about Andrew's reaction MOST DAYS.

Aria first ride dumbo?
Welcome at MK or MCO airport Disney area
I honestly can't wait to hear about your trip took a que from you and the fact that we are getting APs we are going right back in January with my 7 month and almost 2yr old. I will be reading for tips and places for them to see. I see you had a family photo shoot I was thinking of doing that at the Polynesian. Did you do just photopass or plus. Let me stop bothering you with questions. To let you get on with your TR

Dumbo was one of our favorites, but not actually for the ride, but for waiting in the play area! But not her first! :goodvibes

Family photo shoot was FANTASTIC! We had Lisa as our photographer. She worried me at first by setting her 20-minute timer, but when it went off she kept on shooting (and actually did a few extra shoots past the 20-min timeframe). I can't wait to show off the pictures!

We did the regular photopass. None of the restaurant pictures were great (if they had been, I prob would have splurged the $32 for them) and ride photos really weren't either (it was always just one of us on the ride, not all 3, so really pointless). I don't remember the other benefits of plus. I also preordered the CD for $99 like the day before it went up in price, so I was really happy to get the photos I did for that price. One thing I was disappointed with were the nighttime shots, even photopass photographers seem to have issues with these as most of them came out awful, so I would suggest doing them a few times (I kept trying to go for shots in front of Castle/EPCOT/wherever at night, but Andrew insisted we had already done them)...

I'm glad that your trip went so well! Sorry that your hubby wasn't 100% into it (I guess I got lucky on that one with mine). I'm glad Aria had a great time. Sorry that work isn't going well. I can't wait to hear about your experience in the new Fantasyland...that sounds awesome!

It's weird, previous trips Andrew really enjoyed despite the quick pace (and I must say, much quicker than we moved this time with a baby and gigantor stroller...ah-hem...). IDK what was up with him.

FLE was SO SO SO SO awesome! It was such an amazing surprise to get to enjoy it.

Can't wait to read about Aria's first trip!!

As for her first ride, I'm going to guess...Pirates of the Caribbean!

OOOOH DING DING DING! See what I do for my husband?! :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear all about it.... My guess is IASW

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That was her 2nd ride, close!! :goodvibes

Imagineer5 said:
One thing I was disappointed with were the nighttime shots, even photopass photographers seem to have issues with these as most of them came out awful, so I would suggest doing them a few times (I kept trying to go for shots in front of Castle/EPCOT/wherever at night, but Andrew insisted we had already done them)...

I totally hear you on that!!! We have many night castle shots that are totally blown out with flash and others that you can tell we're on the wrong setting cause the colors are wrong and they aren't in focus. That was disappointing. They also lost the pictures of my daughter meeting Aurora so now I don't have a picture of it. So I definitely recommend to others to bring a GOOD camera and take a picture of everything yourself as we'll as the photopass. It was still worth it as I have like 500 good pictures though.

I totally hear you on that!!! We have many night castle shots that are totally blown out with flash and others that you can tell we're on the wrong setting cause the colors are wrong and they aren't in focus. That was disappointing. They also lost the pictures of my daughter meeting Aurora so now I don't have a picture of it. So I definitely recommend to others to bring a GOOD camera and take a picture of everything yourself as we'll as the photopass. It was still worth it as I have like 500 good pictures though.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that!! we didn't lose any pictures, but also I'm an awful night photographer so didn't get any good ones and anticipated the PP people would at least have that down...:confused:

Still waiting for an update on Kids night out. We were considering using them in feb for 2 kids that will be 16m and 4.5y.

Still waiting for an update on Kids night out. We were considering using them in feb for 2 kids that will be 16m and 4.5y.

Patience, my friend!! Gotta keep you all guessing so everyone will come to my TR! :lmao: (check your messages ;))

Quickie December trip update:

We aren't using ME afterall. Andrew wants to rent a car, so we are. Using Capital One rewards points, I found a FULL size car for $96 inc taxes. Didn't see anything cheaper in the 20 minutes or so I spent researching :rotfl2: so went with that. It's with Avis. With folding the stroller for the buses, I agree a rental will be nice to have, though I had hoped just to convince him we needed a different stroller. He thinks (I agree) the Citi Mini is ugly, and we do both love our city select, so we're sticking with it. :thumbsup2

Quickie June trip update:

Booking flights for next June on Monday!

I also emailed our DVC points guy we rent from, asking about availability for a Beach Club point rental next June. Hoping there's something available there. We really felt "home" there when we ate there one night this trip, and just love the overal atmosphere. VWL is our 2nd choice.

Quickie 4th trip in a year update:

just playing...sort of...

Andrew would probably never allow it, but I have really been wanting to plan a trip with a friend or with my mom, or maybe even just for myself (plus Aria)? for a long weekend. Either to see F&G festival, or maybe for my birthday next year (remember my whole saga on getting the AP's activated ON my birthday, so that they will last through my birthday 2013?? October 5th, 2013 is a Saturday, so I could totally plan a trip for that weekend and leave Sunday or Monday (spending Sunday resort hopping or at DTD or whatever). After our June flights, we should have enough Southwest points for 1 person's flight down there and Aria will still be free. (I think we should have enough for 3 one-way flights but it will depend on point requirements I guess).

I wish AP renewals were cheaper. THey don't save very much at all, if they did then I would start saving up my $$ and just renew them instead of worrying about a time limit. Maybe I'll still do that though...I want Aria to get to experience as much Disney as possible as she grows up!! (Especially while under 3 and FREE!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter