Wearing a dress to Disneyland?

the sweet spot skort ( for me in tall) is a more fitted silhouette , but also comfy. I do not order the tall in the "whatever" because it is too long ! I really like the bottom zip pocket in the SP. The whatever is so water repellant it is not that it dries quickly.....it just doesn't get wet. a miracle ! Paired with Chaco sandals and I just laugh and say bring on the water !

Continue on with the Athleta recommendations, everyone! I also love the sweet sport skort. The whatever skort is too much material for me, so the more fitted sweet sport skort works better. I bought it in black last year and I'm considering getting an additional color.

For running, just got the second wind skort, which I love! Too short for the parks, but great for the DL 10K! And for a comfy running top, the velocity tank is great.

Title Nine also makes some nice skorts that work well at DL and WDW. :)

Agree with this! Title Nine also carries great dresses and skirts (not just skorts) that work great for trips to the parks. The clothes pack without wrinkles, wash in the sink or tub and drip dry, are comfy and very adaptable for modesty needs, and come with great customer service!

I hate shorts, they never fit me right (I'm 6'2, so even some of the longer off the rack shorts make me look like a hoochie mama)... so as soon as its too warm for pants or capris, it's skirts and dresses for me! Sometimes with leggings, sometimes not. As long as you pay attention to what you're doing, you shouldn't have any problems on the rides. I personally wouldn't go mega short though.

try the Athleta Tall sizes.........FYI title 9 does not carry tall , big dissapointment.

Wow, I love those Athleta skorts! Does anyone have promo code for any deals?

I rarely see any deals for Athleta, but you can usually find one or two of the colors in their clearance/sale section. You can also find some on ebay for a little less than the catalog price, but they are popular so it's not much cheaper. Our mall now has an Athleta store, so I shop there, and if they don't have the size/color I want in stock, they'll have it shipped to my house for free if I order it in the store.

And I agree about Title 9 - they have some really cute skorts, too!

I wore a knee-length dress for 2 days on our recent April trip and when Space Mountain broke down with us on the ride (just 20 feet or so from the unloading area), they actually had us jump down from the "rocket" about 4 feet down. I was able to lift DD6 down, but I literally had to jump down and my dress did flutter up a little. So yes, bike shorts under a dress make a lot of sense at DLR, not only because you want to be modest in case your dress flies up on Splash!

Just finished packing for our trip tomorrow. I packed 2 skirts, 1 dress and 1 pair of jeans... and 3 pairs of leggings. :blush:

If needed, I believe you are allowed to ride sidesaddle on the carousels if you're an adult--at least, I did it in DCA on my last trip. Though a long, flowy-enough skirt should allow you to straddle the horse (I've done that twice...I was just feeling fancy this last trip :rotfl: ).

Last Dapper Day, the ladies were riding King Arthur's Carousel sidesaddle. For both modesty and safety, the cast members on the ride asked the ladies to place their legs inside the carousel and not facing out.

There are a couple of skirt clad ladies on Dapper Day's Photo wall.

Rick

I just wore a dress on our trip July 13th. Best decision I ever made!! It was so comfortable! I wore bike shorts underneath for rides that are a little tricky, like the Matterhorn. I plan on doing this again when the weather is warm enough!

Really dumb question here, what shoes are you wearing??? I always am wearing tennies or walking sandals. I don't think they look really good with a dress.:confused3

I believe that is a very good question actually. Because not all styles of shoes of course look good and or go well with dresses or skirts.

Well hopefully next year I will be 100lbs lighter....well 85 now....and I can get a couple of cute skirts or skorts....don't really like toms but maybe some just little white shoes or something thanks because if it wasn't for this thread I would have never considered wearing a skirt/dress to DL

Really dumb question here, what shoes are you wearing??? I always am wearing tennies or walking sandals. I don't think they look really good with a dress.:confused3

I usually wear Keens mary janes or simple keds. Both are comfy and work fine with dresses and skirts.

Well hopefully next year I will be 100lbs lighter....well 85 now....and I can get a couple of cute skirts or skorts....don't really like toms but maybe some just little white shoes or something thanks because if it wasn't for this thread I would have never considered wearing a skirt/dress to DL

Good luck with your weight goal! Whatever shoes you pick, just make sure they are really comfortable and supportive. (You might want to bring 2 pairs in case your feet swell during the trip.) For some of us, dresses and skirts are the most comfortable option for DLR trips. It's rare when I wear jeans or khakis to the parks.

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss :-)

As for comfy shoes with a dress, I think ballerina flats or oxfords look cute. Preferably some with a bit of support . I find that wearing them with no show peds helps too.

I just got back from DLR and wore a dress in both parks. It was really comfortable! I did wear the bike shorts underneath. I just wore my flat sandals. Actually, I wore cute short wedge-heeled patents for the first several hours as we had an event at Club 33, but wow, did that NOT agree with my feet!!! Luckily, I brought along my flat flip-flop type sandals (but dressier style). Those worked out so well I wore them the rest of the trip.

I learned: dresses are great at DLR! And: any type of dressy shoe on my Flintstone feet is a BAD idea for long term!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter