Wearing a dress to Disneyland?

Okay, I also have some other shoes I wear. And I never thought I would admit it! I don't normally like Crocs at all, they look weird on my feet. But I do have these sandal Croc things and they are so comfortable and look decent with dresses.

http://www.zappos.com/crocs-adrina-flat

Don't laugh! They are amazingly comfy and I can wear them around the park all day and I don't feel like they are clashing with my outfit. Whew! That was my confession for the day! :rotfl:

I don't wear pants for religious reasons, and my skirts are all floor-length; I've never had any issues at all at Disney, even on the swings. I just tuck my skirt around my legs to make sure it doesn't fly up! :)

I have a selection of shoes for the parks. Josef Seibel leather sandals, Timberland sandals, very supportive ballet flats, Crocs bands ballet flats, etc. They have to be very padded and supported for me, I can't wear cheap flats all day. I also ended up throwing out my back if I wear flip flops or slip ons from changing the way I walk to keep them on.

DizMe said:
I just got back from DLR and wore a dress in both parks. It was really comfortable! I did wear the bike shorts underneath. I just wore my flat sandals. Actually, I wore cute short wedge-heeled patents for the first several hours as we had an event at Club 33, but wow, did that NOT agree with my feet!!! Luckily, I brought along my flat flip-flop type sandals (but dressier style). Those worked out so well I wore them the rest of the trip.

I learned: dresses are great at DLR! And: any type of dressy shoe on my Flintstone feet is a BAD idea for long term!!

It sounds like you have a growing collection of dresses DizMe :-)

And here I thought I was the only one with Flintstone feet. Lol

I'm not sure which thread I read it under, but someone suggested Sketchers go walk shoes for good comfort...I think they would look okay with some sundresses. I bought a black on black pair and plan on takin them with me on our trip. Not too sure if I care if they will match well...Im goin' for it anyways! :rotfl:

It sounds like you have a growing collection of dresses DizMe :-)

And here I thought I was the only one with Flintstone feet. Lol

You too! I'm so sorry :rotfl:.

Yes! I do have a growing collection, and I'm loving it! You're one of my inspirations, too. I got this cute sundress to wear last weekend and then I was worried about the spaghetti straps (I think it's against the dress code at 33), and then I decided it was too low cut, and the next thing I knew I'd added a whole bunch of eyelet :upsidedow, including around the hem of the skirt. I have a pic but it's just the top part. Here's disneyluvr2 and me last weekend. She wore a cute white eyelet skirt.

20130713_104546_zpsd56d5be9.jpg

OP here :)

Got back from DLR yesterday.

I took 2 cotton dresses, and one skort. I wore capri leggings with the dresses, as I was worried about having any "wardrobe malfunctions" ;)

It was WONDERFUL. I felt feminine and breezy, and looked nice in all my photos. Woo hoo!

For shoes, I wore my normal walking shoes with my capris, and thick-soled dressy flip-flops the other days. I appreciated those flip-flops on all the wet rides!

On shoes, I wear a Mary Jane style dansko. I've got a heel spur in one foot and plantar fasciitis in both so I need to be mindful of footwear. I find these work well for me. I average 19k steps per day when in the parks, and these shoes did me proud. And looked good with a dress.

lalasmama said:

It was WONDERFUL. I felt feminine and breezy, and looked nice in all my photos. Woo hoo!

Welcome back!
It sounds like you were fashionably and comfortably dressed.

Man, I just look like pretty much anyone else. :faint:
You know in a real pedestrian sort of way. And man, like don't even get me started on the subject of me in photos! I don't want anyone to have nightmares on my account. :faint:
No, really! You know how a picture is worth a thousand words? Well in my case, it is best to just leave that book alone.

I have a selection of shoes for the parks. Josef Seibel leather sandals, Timberland sandals, very supportive ballet flats, Crocs bands ballet flats, etc. They have to be very padded and supported for me, I can't wear cheap flats all day. I also ended up throwing out my back if I wear flip flops or slip ons from changing the way I walk to keep them on.

I love wearing ballet flats. I've never owned a pair of Crocs, but I know they are comfortable to walk in all day. Are they okay to wear in wet weather (do they slip like flip flops do sometimes in the rain)?

I love wearing ballet flats. I've never owned a pair of Crocs, but I know they are comfortable to walk in all day. Are they okay to wear in wet weather (do they slip like flip flops do sometimes in the rain)?

The ones I have look like a slip on Keds shoe (remember those?) I've never had a problem with feeling like my steps are insecure in them and I have worn them when working in an industrial kitchen. I can feel some slip of my foot in the shoe when they get a little sweaty, but never a problem with the shoe on the ground. There is some grip on the bottom of the shoe, unlike most flip flops. I love that I can just run them under some water to clean them off.

Got back from DLR yesterday.

I took 2 cotton dresses, and one skort. I wore capri leggings with the dresses, as I was worried about having any "wardrobe malfunctions" ;)

For shoes, I wore my normal walking shoes with my capris, and thick-soled dressy flip-flops the other days. I appreciated those flip-flops on all the wet rides!

I think it's lovely to see dresses in the Parks--and glad your experience wearing them, turned out well.

Flip flops are great for wet rides--no worries about soggy, non-drying shoe issues:)!

I'm not sure which thread I read it under, but someone suggested Sketchers go walk shoes for good comfort...I think they would look okay with some sundresses. I bought a black on black pair and plan on takin them with me on our trip. Not too sure if I care if they will match well...Im goin' for it anyways! :rotfl:

I have a pair of black on black Sketchers Go Walk shoes, which I bought just to wear to the Parks, and you will love them!

I promise you, that you will not care if they match or not, once you have them on your feet and have walked around in them all day--they're like walking on air:thumbsup2!

You too! I'm so sorry :rotfl:.

Yes! I do have a growing collection, and I'm loving it! You're one of my inspirations, too. I got this cute sundress to wear last weekend and then I was worried about the spaghetti straps (I think it's against the dress code at 33), and then I decided it was too low cut, and the next thing I knew I'd added a whole bunch of eyelet :upsidedow, including around the hem of the skirt. I have a pic but it's just the top part. Here's disneyluvr2 and me last weekend. She wore a cute white eyelet skirt.

You two look so lovely :-)

Thank you Chesirecatty for your response!! I'm glad to hear they worked so well for you! I've been trying not to wear mine too much already cause I want them to be at their max comfort for when I get there. Haha! I can't wait to wear em now though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter