Welcome the FANTASY to NYC on 2/28, See Post #1, directions to Meet event

Anyone have any further update on what time the ship will be departing NYC tomorrow? I did not get a chance to see it come in, in person, but would love to go see it leave!

Met disboarders all over...at the ferry, along both sides of the river, in the Disney Store, on the streets of Time Square...it was amazing that the love of disney cruising brought so many people from all walks of life together to see this amazing ship!!! A big shoutout to all everyone who saw her today and is going this week. If you get a chance....go...she is amazing to see!!!

Hi MJ! :wave:

It was nice running into you on the NJ side! Funny that I couldn't remember my dis name... I think I was just so flipping excited to see the ship that my brain shut down! Love your pics, I didn't get a chance to go over to the NY side so it's nice to see everyone else's photos. I'm just thrilled that my dh took me over to see her; I think he was secretly more excited than I was as he ended taking us back after dinner to try to get some night shots. They didn't turn out great but I'll try to post them later.

I thought I was anxious for March 31 before... now I'm beyond excited! :woohoo:

Just came back from a trip to Pier 88 to visit her. Took loads of pictures. Captured this one with my phone. Even ran into a family that drove all the way from Oswego for the day to see her. Now that's dedication.

429239_10150661883983249_514298248_9134955_1050244170_n.jpg

LOL... might have been standing right next to you...

I just walked over there this afternoon.

042-vi.jpg

If you'd like to browse through my shots...

http://public.fotki.com/templed/disney-fantasy-in-nyc/disney-fantasy-3112/

Could be. Sorry I didn't say hi :rotfl2:

Saw lots of crew members. Tried speaking to two guys that might have been Filipino, but there English wasn't that good. Told them I'd see them in seven months.

I found out after coming back, that DCL bought a huge load of equipment from our store and I know the two guys that drove it over. I asked them how they could do that without letting me know! Too bad I don't work in the right department :sad1: To be honest, I don't know if they brought it on the ship or just dropped it off.

Could be. Sorry I didn't say hi :rotfl2:

Saw lots of crew members. Tried speaking to two guys that might have been Filipino, but there English wasn't that good. Told them I'd see them in seven months.

I found out after coming back, that DCL bought a huge load of equipment from our store and I know the two guys that drove it over. I asked them how they could do that without letting me know! Too bad I don't work in the right department :sad1: To be honest, I don't know if they brought it on the ship or just dropped it off.

There wasn't a whole heck of a lot going on when I was over there. We got there about 12:30 ... A coworker friend of mine came along and being that he's never actually seen a cruise ship up close, he was just dumbstruck...

My friend who works nights in the city dropped by the other night to see the ship and was told that he couldn't take pictures.... (I think someone was just on a power trip).

I was able to walk right under the bow (obstructed mind you)... and then down in between the berths and get a complete view of the port side of the ship.

Thanks for that update. We are waiting for her by the Verrazano right now. Missed her arrival earlier this week but got some shots before the christening.

I'm assuming she should be leaving fairly soon, as a helicopter has been circling quite a bit on one web cam

They just finished muster (again) and should be backing out shortly.

There wasn't a whole heck of a lot going on when I was over there. We got there about 12:30 ... A coworker friend of mine came along and being that he's never actually seen a cruise ship up close, he was just dumbstruck...

My friend who works nights in the city dropped by the other night to see the ship and was told that he couldn't take pictures.... (I think someone was just on a power trip).

I was able to walk right under the bow (obstructed mind you)... and then down in between the berths and get a complete view of the port side of the ship.

Same scenario as us yesterday and Tuesday when we were there....to walk right under the bow was amazing. Even more so was to be on the top roadway of the port to be almost nose to nose with the bow of the ship....it was literaly 10 feet away!! Last night we saw a crew member bringing down the DCL flag from the bow. Then saw Minnie hitting the champagne bottle against the ship....It was awesome!!!

You can find my pics here:DISNEY FANTASY NYC - 03-01-12

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter