Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimmar, I admit I cheat, I use a lot of wish lists from family. I have one for everyone I buy a real gift for (gift baskets don't count)

Happy Anniversary Pam :love:
Glad you got to share your special occasion with family like that. Happy Birthday to your mom too!

LOL, Suzanne, we will have to get a pic of Dom under our tree (decorated or not) at some point. We do have a cute Santa suit to try to put him in :teeth:

Kristy, I'll keep good thoughts as you look into fostering and adoption. I can relate to the emotional roller coaster of not getting pregnant though. If we didn't have Dom, we would have looked into adoption via the state.

Sherry, glad you had such a good weekend!

Morning gang! Too many great ketch-ups, can't compete.

Psst: Elaine go back and re read your post.

HOpe everyone has a wonderful day!
:love: :hug:

Woke up to a covering of ice this morning - which reminded me that I will have to "gear up" for winter commutes again - thankfully my office is only @ 25 minutes from home and no highway travel needed.

I have a vacation day today so I'm hoping to finish decorating.

Pam - I was thinking of you and DS yesterday - looked out my living room window and had 10 turkeys standing at the top of my driveway right next to my deck steps - haha - all I could think of was "good thing Pam's not coming up the driveway - this would be a roadkill extravaganza - haha. Congrats on DS successful weekend. :love: Happy Anniversary as well.

Tara - we've never done outdoor decorations - I just live vicariously through everyones elses!!

Hi Elaine - most definitely take that pic of Dom under the tree!!

Suzanne - I think that would be the hardest thing for me to get used to - my brain says that Christmas decorating goes hand-in-hand with cold weather.

Kimmar - good luck on the shopping!!

Kristy - I hope you had a good weekend.

Sherry - well with your tree up you are ahead of me now - glad you had fun and are happy with how it looks.

I've got a long to-do list today - so I'll send out hugs for now - be back later...

Thanks Rose Mary... I guess that happens when your cat and kid interrupt you while posting :p

Paula, hope the ice isn't too bad for y'all. I admit I prefer highway driving around here with ice... they usually get the roads clear quicker than back roads. But more idiots to have to deal with.

Not under the tree, but it was taken by my dad yesterday.
47b7cc31b3127cceb1efe4241b3a00000025100CcOWLNw3bsQ

So Alan, where are your pics of the parade?

Rose Mary, given who the parents are, you sure a little beaver will scar Dom for life... I think we'll do far more damage :rotfl:
That's the spirit! :thumbsup2

we're getting some snow here - first words out of Jeffrey's mouth when he got home "this is going to be great for hunting in the morning"!!
And my father has been saying it's too hot for hunting down his way.
I'm hoping the change in departments will work well for you.

I'm now watching tv shows I missed last week. Saw the Unit and now I'm watching Bones. So that's two down and about 12 more to go! hehehe
Glad you got the one on one time with Ethan. Now that the writer's strike caught up with the TV shows, I'm hoping that we won't be taping any this week to catch up on.

(Neil got a burger-yawn).
And I probably would have been right there with him ::yes::

Elaine, all you have to do is put Dom in a santa hat, place him in a stocking under the tree and you're done. No other decorations are required! :santa:
If the rest of us copy that photo, can we just put it under our trees, as well?
The girls did make a few ornaments on Saturday so the tree is slowly getting decorated anyway.

Thanks for the updates, Kristy. It looks like it has been quite a roller coaster for you.

Happy Anniversary, Pam!

I know I've skipped plenty, but it's taken me this long just to get a response in at all this AM.

The parade was fun; thanks for asking. We had to wait a long time before it got started and we were near the end of the route. (Float 97 out of 107) It was very casual and the girls enjoyed throwing necklaces and candy canes. I believe I will officially retire as candy maker now that it is over. ;)

We enjoyed a Christmas concert at a local church yesterday, and just spent a day at home watching Christmas movies and reading.

Hope y'all are having a good day.

So Alan, where are your pics of the parade?

Awww, what a handsome little guy! :love:

As for me, we wound up leaving our van at the school parking lot and riding in on a church bus so I did not take my camera. There were a few pics taken, so I'll try to track them down this week. :rolleyes1

If I don't, just keep posting some of Dom; I'm sure the YaYas won't mind ;)

Awwwwwwwwwww :love: he is so sweet!
Hey Elaine :thumbsup2 no problem! I'm totally impressed on how well you seem to be doing so soon after having the little fella. Especially after all you went thru. I don't think I functioned the same for at least 2 years after DS was born :rotfl:
I really, really, really don't feel like working. :sad2:

T

Not under the tree, but it was taken by my dad yesterday.
47b7cc31b3127cceb1efe4241b3a00000025100CcOWLNw3bsQ

Elaine (and Luis), what a beautiful son you have!!!:goodvibes

Seriously - you are going to have to fight the girls off of him! :love:

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, everyone! Steve just picked up our present to each other - 1/2 a beef!:lmao:

Alan - so are you heading up my way to the Grand Master of the Roadkill Parade??!! :woohoo: :yay:

Paula - oh my guys would have dashing out the door with their weapons if they had seen those turkey!!:laughing:

Kristy - you and Derek are in my prayers -- I hope what path you need to travel is soon revealed to you.:hug:

Hi all...

Worked from home today since I'm not feeling well. Haven't since Friday. All this rain is taking a toll on the sinus issues.

Kristy...Good luck on the path you choose. A friend of our's Foster Parents and is adopting. They were fortunate to have 1 biological, but that couldn't have anymore after that. Another friend of our's Fostered a sister and brother and adopted both. The kids are thriving. Todd and I have discussed it but I think that is as far as it will go:( What a wonderful opportunity to give a child who wouldn't have a chance to succeed that chance. Good luck!

Alan...I seen your comment on my scripture thread...yes, that would be a bit 'bold'. We decided to come up with our own little saying since we couldn't agree on a verse. We ordered it this morning.

Pam...happy anniversary!

I think I am going to go lie down a bit before the girls get home, still not feeling well.

Alan - so are you heading up my way to the Grand Master of the Roadkill Parade??!! :woohoo: :yay:
Will there be high-stepping Y'all-Y'alls there?

And will you feed me?

Hi Alan...I seen your comment on my scripture thread...yes, that would be a bit 'bold'. We decided to come up with our own little saying since we couldn't agree on a verse. We ordered it this morning.
I wasn't trying to make a joke of the thread, since there were some good suggestions out there. :angel: I was just hoping it would get a smile from y'all.

No doubt whatever you decided, it will mean a lot to her.

And I hope you feel better soon.

Alan, you ever hear of pockets?

Rose Mary, don't worry, I have my very bad tired moments where I lose it and cry. It will get a little better for me though when Luis is home and can share the whole night thing. Right now while he works, I do it all. This week he only has one day left to work and next week he does one. After that he's off for the rest of the year.

Amanda, I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Is this remnants of what you were dealing with earlier or is this just bad luck and just adding more? Either way I really hope you feel better soon :hug:

Pam ~
:scared1: .....all I kin say is:"Steelers fans to the left of me, Steelers fan to the right of me....."

800px-Pittsburgh_Steeler_fans_15_Oct_2006.jpg

....:rolleyes1 [ ;) ]

alabamaalan said:
...Will there be high-stepping Y'all-Y'alls there?

422201521_6487792cf7.jpg

Elaine...How nice that Luis will be off soon to spend time with you and the baby. As for me not feeling well, even with allergy shots the rain still bothers my allergies. Not nearly as bad as before I started the shots. It didn't help that I couldn't get to sleep last night, so I felt even worse.

Anyone else ready for time off work????? I have a project that I have to review all this week and next....fun fun. I love looking for a needle in the haystack:rolleyes:

Anyone else ready for time off work????? I have a project that I have to review all this week and next....fun fun. I love looking for a needle in the haystack:rolleyes:

ME!!! I keep telling them that they're cutting into my DIS time but they just aren't listening :lmao:

Amanda was it easy for your friends to foster and adopt or did they have to foster several different children? We're just concerned about getting attached to a child and then having to give him or her back to biological parents. I do hope you feel better soon.

Elaine Dom is so precious. It's amazing how much kids come out looking like their parents.

Oh boy Kimmar is starting something here I see...

oh crud...I just lost my train of thought. I know RM is crazy busy at work, Paula was off doing to do lists and Pam is cooing over Dom. Oh yah..and Alan is being Alan. Did I miss anyone?

:grouphug:

Morning!

Eww! Kim, that is NOT what I want to see first thing in the morning! :faint: Ick! Ick! Ick!

Elaine, that pic is adorable. :) That's nice that Luis will be home.

Amanda, sorry your not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm ready for Winter Break. No nephew and I can sleep in for a whole week. :banana: :banana:

Good morning all! We have a doc appt for Dom today and then Luis is off the rest of the day.

Yikes... didn't need to see that one Kimmar ;)

Sherry, how many days until break for you? I don't think the schools here let out until the Friday before Christmas

Amanda, I do hope you can find a way to get a good nights sleep. My allergies are okay at the moment. Usually after the leaves fall I am clear until spring.

Kristy, I agree. To me it is like I am looking at a little Luis. Totally amazing.

Good Morning - I finished my decorating yesterday - getting the tree on Saturday.:santa:

Took quite a tumble down my deck stairs yesterday - I have no sense of balance whatsoever - team that with an icy deck and I'm done for - slipped on the step - tried to grab the railing which was also covered with ice - as per the norm for me I fell on my hands and knees - no bruising on my hands but both are really sore this morning - knee skinned - hip bruised - what a day!! :confused3

Jeffrey went out last night and bought "ice melt" for the deck - still below freezing today . I'm meeting Alyssa this morning for some christmas shopping then coming home to watch movies - I'm off again tonite.

Elaine - good luck at Dom's appt today - nice that Luis has the time off to enjoy family time!

Kimmar - thanks for that furry image.....ew......

Kristy - sorry that work is cutting into DIS time - I'm sure I'll be saying that soon as well.

Hi Sherry - enjoy your day!!

Amanda - hope you are feeling better today!

I'll check in later....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter