Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...

Thanks for the good thoughts about work - after many hours of thought I realized that right now it's the hours I don't like - not the job itself - I'm looking forward to working with a different department too. I've got nothing to lose.

Had a busy day today - went with Dad to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast (gingerbread donut - very sweet - probably won't get it again but glad I tried it). From there we went to AAA - he bought memberships for both kids for Christmas - nursery to buy a wreath for my front door and a basket for Mom's grave - also picked up some cute ornaments in their gift shop - brought the basket to the cemetary - dropped off dad at his apartment - went to travel agent and booked my cruise for April...:banana: - went to UPs store to get passport photo taken - bank - grocery store and gas station.....full day!!

Kimmar.....sorry - I forgot you didn't realize we have our own language in Rhode Island.....Wicket.....translated....."Wicked"....:lmao:

Elaine....no comment from me about roadkill anything.....

Pam....prayers that DS gets home safe.....we're getting some snow here - first words out of Jeffrey's mouth when he got home "this is going to be great for hunting in the morning"!!

Tara - I've been playing Yatze online - love it!!

Sherry - what are the boys requsting for Christmas???

Chris just told me he saw alot of antique surveying eqipment on e-bay that he would like for his bedroom - guess I'll be checking that out.

Alan.....good luck with the parading around!!

Hugs and good wishes to Kristy, Beth, Suzanne and all.......

I'll be around for a bit - Jeffrey is taking his before dinner snooze - I'm playing fetch with Harley.

Good evening gang,

Well, I wish I could say I whipped mom's butt in games but i didn't even get the chance to play!! Ethan stayed up and we played a bunch of games...some one on one attention for him...by the time I was getting him ready for bed mom was asleep on the couch!! heheh so no games tonight. We'll try it again tomorrow after we decorate the house! hehehe

I'm now watching tv shows I missed last week. Saw the Unit and now I'm watching Bones. So that's two down and about 12 more to go! hehehe

see ya'll tomorrow!
tara

Hi all....

Do not adjust your clocks. Yes, I'm posting this at 3:03am :blush:

My apologies for neglecting you all. We've had a rollercoaster ride this week.
Down part number 1: We had layoffs Monday and Tuesday. My counterpart was let go so I'm going from supporting 11 staff members to 21 staff members. That wasn't a shock to me, but it's still an adjustment.

Up part number 1: During my performance review yesterday my boss announced that my promotion was approved in HR. I'm going to be an executive administrative assistant starting January 2nd.

Up part number 2: My car insurance situation was settled yesterday. The other driver accepted liability. Tink is going into the shop Monday morning and will be gone for a week.

Down part number 2(the big deal): After months of fighting with my health insurance we finally learned that I have less than 8K in my fertility fund. After they finish paying bills from this last payment we'll only have 4K left. That isn't going to be enough to do another round so we're moving on. We're not completely ruling out trying again; but we need to either win the lotto or come into an inheritance we didn't know about.

Now for a very short ketchup:
Elaine you had me laughing out loud with the beaver comment :)

Paula I'm so happy for you on your new job role :hug:

Tara hope you had a great evening of yahtzee

Alan I agree all the Christmas radio stations play the same thing over and over again

Pam I think you need to check out of the webkinz raccoon :)

hugs and love to Beth, Amanda, Sherry, TC, Kimmar, Rosemary, Betty, and anyone else I may have missed.

It's now 3:33 and I HAVE to get to bed.

Good morning all.....

Tara.....sorry that your game schedule got changed - nice that you could have some one-on-one time with E.....are you sure Mom was sleeping - maybe she was just afraid of getting beat??? Happy decorating today.

Kristy...:hug: :hug: :hug: You certainly have been through alot of ups and downs lately - good to see that you are making it thru and moving forward - whatever direction you take I'm sure the two of you can weather the storms together. :santa:

Another busy day for me today - breakfast at 9am - they getting nails done - a first for me - my nails are short but I think a manicure will be fun - another first for me!! Grocery shopping later - Chris car is going tot he shop to hopefully get the heat fixed (I think I'll pick up that tab as part of his Christmas gift).

Keep warm....stay cool....enjoy your day everyone.

Oh - check out my latest purchase.....
PROD_0368217_LG.gif

**** got this from Avon - anyone interested - it's in the Outlet catalog with Campaign #2 - marked down from 16.99 - now 7.99.

Morning, all. Jetting in real quick before getting ready for work. The 10am start feels sooooo very decadent. :teeth:

I've got to cut up some brownies to bring in. We're doing a fund raiser for charity and when I suggested cookies or brownies for $1.00 a bag from our sweets seeking staff, I got so many requests for the brownies. (hmmm, guess I feed these people a lot!). Last night, I made a quadruple batch of them.

Last night, we also went down to Ybor City and checked out a greek restaurant that a couple of co workers told me I'd love. They were right. Belly dancers, authentic music and you got to throw paper napkins everywhere. I had a Korfu Chicken sandwich that was so yummy, Kevin tried octopus and Ed deemed the Gyro platter excellent. (Neil got a burger-yawn).

Some ketchup, since I need to get rolling.

Kristy, :hug: If you're using your insurance, can Derek get his insurance and you have another chance, or do they capitate? I am so sorry for your rough week. It's good that Tink is getting fixed and congrats on that promotion.

Paula, I'm so glad that all worked out-all the worrying and it ends up that they really value your efforts! Oh, I'm driving by the terminal this morning to see if I can get pictures again. The website still shows the snowbaby at 16.99, so I'm going to ask at work if anyone knows of an Avon lady around.

Elaine, I am rolling at Dominic getting his present from Auntie Pam. Corrupting kids since, er, well a long time! :lmao: Sounds like he is doing his job-making you adore him. :teeth:

Who can make a rainbow? Couldn't resist. Mr. Irony around? How'd your parade go last night?

Shall Rosemary and I take our fans and blow some warm weather up there for the snow bound?

Amanda, I finally just did what I wanted with my hair, and now Ed loves it. If you want short, I think Todd will find some benefit to it! I was thinking professional shot, instead, I think we'll take it ourselves this weekend. Family picture after the first of the year, though.

Pam, you crack me up with these gifts! It sounds like the cub scouts is the same every year, just the boys change.

Tara, So much for creaming mom in Yatzee! Any plans for the weekend?

Sherry, did you sleep in, thinking snow day and then mother nature decided to play PSYCHE! on you?

Have a great day everyone! I am hoping for BUSY, which means my day will fly by!

Suzanne

Morning!

Got to sleep in. :banana: We are putting up our tree this evening. Have to get an oil change sometime today, too, and Junior wants to take the boys out to eat. Not sure where we'll end up.

Paula, you got that figurine for $7.99? I've been wanting to order it (A friend sells Avon) but was waiting for the price to drop. I just sent her a message asking about it. :teeth:

Kristy, congrats on the promotion. Glad to hear Tink will be getting fixed. Sorry about the insurance stuff, though. :hug:

Suzanne, save some Brownies for me. No, no sleeping in hoping for a snow day. It takes a blizzard to shut our schools down. :rolleyes1

Tara, sorry game night was a bust. But yay for one-on-one time with E. I'm sure he loved that. :)

Alan, how'd the parade go?

Elaine, how funny little Dom got his first roadkill. :lmao:

Pam, hope DS made it back OK. Have you gotten any more snow?

Morning all! Luis was a dear and took Dom from about 10-2 for me so I could sleep. Luis had woken me up at 8am yesterday to take him and I never did fall back asleep after that :blush:

Paula, sounds like you've had some really nice days lined up there. I hope you enjoy your manicure. I've never had one myself. I did do a pedicure a few weeks ago. I admit I am far too ticklish to get another :blush: But it was nice to have someone take care of my feet. I think next time I'll tell them to skip the massage and like.

Tara, sorry you didn't get mom time in, but glad you and E had a good time. I do hope you and your mom get the time together as well. Have fun decorating!

Kristy :hug: I am so sorry about the layoffs. I know that feeling all too well :( I am also sorry that IVF is off as well. I pray you find the right answer for you. Woo hoo on the promotion though!!!

Suzanne, where are our brownies? :teeth: That restaurant you went to sounds awesome! I wish we had one that great here. Greek food is usually very good ::yes::

Sherry, enjoy your day. Sounds like a nice way to spend the day!

No real plans here today... I am happy for that!

Back from getting nails done and feeling quite pretty righ now!!

Sherry - of course I didn't see the sale on the figurine - I paid full price - but - it's well worth it - I love my Snowbabies!! Good luck putting your tree up - have fun!!

Elaine - I was worried that I might be too ticklish for a manicure also but ends up I relly like it!!

Suzanne - I forgot to tell you - our return flight isn't till 7pm - hopefully we can meet up that day!!

Jeffrey just came home fromthe brew shop - I was hoping with a kit to make a batch of Cranberry wine (I'm making one for the first time!) - sadly they were all out so I'll be making Strawberry White Zinfandel (I know - girlie wine!!).

Going to do a bit of cleaning than off to the grocery store - got more christmas orders in the mail today - I get excited even when it's a gift for someone else.

I've been using a strange decorating method this year - instead of doing it all in 1 day - every time I go down to the basement I bring up another item - yesterday I "found" the Pfalztgraff Christmas mugs that my godson bought me last year - woohoo!!

More later....

...wow, I just took a peek at my ticker - :earseek: !! (...and I haven't really even begun to shop for Christmas.....:guilty: )

Paula, I think I'd do much better with a manicure. My hands aren't near as ticklish as my feet. Actually I should have had it done while I had the pedicure, but was a bit in a rush to get home :p
I like your way of decorating. I'm usually a "get it all done right away" chick, but this year we still haven't finished fluffing the tree ;)

Kimmar, good luck getting everything done.

good evening gang,

Looks like it was a busy day for people.

I got the net lights all on the bushes. I ended up with several sets from last year that didn't light. So I opened the new ones and put them on the bushes. I figure I'll take time later to try and fix the other ones. If they won't fix then i will just toss em in the trash! LOL! I think I'm going out the day after christmas to look for lights on sale!!

I started putting the lights on the house and ran into a slight snag. The lights I started out using are multi colored icicles with the ones on the very top red. I got them stood up very nicely with these great clips. Well...I ran out of those lights and the rest of them weren't the same so I had a mini panic attack! I couldn't put up different lights so we had to run around until we foudn the right lights. Finally found them at Wally World.

I got another 900 icicles (don't need that many but I want them left over for next year). I also got some rope lights to put around our trees in the front yard and I picked up a couple more little trees to put out front! I can't let the neighbors make me look bad! hehehehe

I also did some retail therapy...I bought two new skirts and a couple of shirts that were on sale at Wally world. The skirts are made of velour and can look very dressy or dressed down with the turtle necks. I got tights to go with them since I don't like hose (and these casper legs need to be covered up!! hehehe)

Then of course I picked up a million little things that added up big time. OH and I got the Josh Groban Noel CD. woohoo!!

Mom and I just played 6 games of yathzee and I won 4 out of the 6. I tried to let her win but it didn't work! LOL! but we had a good time.

We are going to Chris and Beth's house for dinner tomorrow night so I need to get all of my work on the house before 4. EEK!! I'm going to have to work hard!

Let's see if I can ketchup here...
Elaine...you are ahead of me...my tree is laying on my bed right now!! I have to move it to find my bed! So did you get some rest today?

Kimmar...you better get crackin to get ready for that trip!!

Paula...I love manicures...I like pedicures but my feet are really ticklish and I don't like the sandy stuff they use on the feet and legs...its a texture thing. But I still enjoy the pedicure! Hope things get better at work!

Kristy...yeah on the new title! boohiss on friends being laid off. Yeah on Tink getting fixed! Boohiss on the insurance and the IVF. Good luck to you and Derek!!

Pam...so is DS home? Has he killed the christmas turkey?

Suzanne...yep Ethan is showing signs but not enough that I can do much about it. I just keep telling him to stop doing the things that bug me!! LOL!! I've told him that I can't handle two of them so he better quit showing those signs!! Hope you all earn lots of money on your bake sale!

Okay...i'm getting tired....I'll be back tomorrow!!

tara

Tara, you sound like you had a busy day there yesterday! And you are still ahead of me. All we have done is the tree out and set up... and Luis did that part for me :rotfl:

Thanks for all the prayers for DS, everyone! Yes - he made it home without any trouble on Friday afternoon. He's heading back to college today before the big Steelers/Patriots games. DD will go back later tonight. It's finals weeks for the two of them.:scared1:

We had a little ice storm all through the night -- it's supposed to completely end around 10:00-11:00 am.

We're celebrating my Mom's 70th birthday/DH and I's 25th wedding anniversary today with the kids and my aunt and uncle from California. Both occasions are actually tomorrow but my parents have to take my aunt and uncle back to the airport then and the kids will be in college. DH and I are taking my Mom and Dad out to dinner tomorrow night at a very nice restaurant that's a castle.

I must confess to not having any decorations up yet! :blush: But the tree is sitting in its box in the living room, does that count? I hope to work on everything this week. Of course it's also deadline week.... :rolleyes1

Tara - sounds like a hectic weekend at your house!:rotfl: Having a little friendly Griswald decorating contest with the neighbors? When the kids were younger we really did compete with the elderly neighbors next door. Ticked me off, too because I was the first person in the neighborhood at that time to decorate outside. The old folks are very competitive and would wait until I put my stuff out and then add more. So I would go out and get more -- and so on and so on! My son crawled on his belly through the snow to check out their backyard - yep, they even decorated the backyard!:lmao:

Oh - and yes, DS killed the Christmas turkey and also a Christmas deer (doe).

:hug: Kristy. I'm so sorry about everything.:guilty: You're in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Paula - DD's BF started brewing some wine and beer, too.

Kimmar - you better get hopping on that shopping!:sad2:

Wonder how The Candy Man did in the parade??:confused3

Elaine - how are you feeling? Did Dom let you catch some extra zzzz's this morning?

Kimmar - you better get hopping on that shopping!:sad2: ....

...yeah, problem is, I just don't know WHAT to buy...every year, it gets harder and harder to find that really special gift for each person...just makes me go BONKERS!! I wind up just wandering through the malls aimlessly browsing, and, after 3 or 4 hours, I return home with vertually NOTHING....:guilty:

Morning. I got tag teamed by Ed and Kevin. They were watching Sky High and all of a sudden, Kevin says "Mom, where are the pancakes?". Ed put him up to it, but Ed was protesting that he doesn't like pancakes. Interestingly, he always eats them when I make them. ;)

Count us in the no decorations are up camp. However, since I'm off for three days in a row :banana: I think we'll get the outdoor lights done today and the rest over the next few days. It is still very odd to be wearing shorts and hanging the lights on the house.

Pam, the roads aren't empty DURING the game? One thing I've noticed in all my years of retail-when the store becomes a ghost town on Sunday, kickoff is right around the corner. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your mom!

Kimmar, tell you what-I'll shop for your people and you shop for mine. Deal? That'd be lots of fun! :rotfl:

Tara, I have to admit, I am :confused3 at your need to buy lights you may or may not use! :teeth: We just changed Neil's Abilify and need to get that regulated, but man oh man, his OCD is so BAD lately. Perseveration on that Q@#$%%!#%!#$% game system. I'm rethinking my plan to buy both of them DS's. Problem is, Kevin gets punished far too much because of Neil's behavior.

Elaine, all you have to do is put Dom in a santa hat, place him in a stocking under the tree and you're done. No other decorations are required! :santa:

Paula, after going to IL's last night, I may just skip the snowbaby figuring. Grrrr. Ticked off if we don't come over often enough, then crabby when we're there because they're mad at the world to the point that we don't want to be there. I think I'll just go with generic presents, because the effort to get nice stuff is wasted. Ed agrees.

Suzanne

Howdy all...

Thanks for all the hugs and prayers. We're bummed about not being able to try again but my body is happy to not have to go through that again. It really was a toll on me mentally and physically. Since Thursday I've done a lot of research on adoption and fostering to adopt. We're going to see what all our options are and go from there.

ketchup time:
Elaine I hope you were able to get some rest and good mommy time with little Dom today.

Tara you had me cracking up over the Christmas lights and competing with the neighbors. We have a friendly competition going with our neighbors across the street. Unfortunately they're winning.

Pam Happy Anniversary. It's very sweet of your kids to be there for the parties.

Paula you manicure afternoon sounded delightful! Good idea bringing up one Christmas time as well.

Kimmar don't stress over the gifts too much. It's not worth it in the end.

Suzanne woohoo for three days off!!! LOL on Ed eating the pancakes.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend! See y'all tomorrow.

Morning!

Had a really nice weekend. :) Put up the tree on Saturday night. It looks so pretty. Yesterday after church we went out to dinner with my Mom, brother, and Aunt for brother's b-day and Aunt's belated birthday.

Kimmar, just buy everyone gift cards. :teeth: Good luck getting everything done.

Pam, Happy Anniversary. :love:

Elaine, hope you got some rest.

Tara, glad you got some game time with your Mom.

Suzanne, mmm, pancakes.

Paula, glad you enjoyed your manicure.

Kristy, good luck with all your research. :hug:

Gotta get the boys moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter