Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning...

No snow but getting the ice off my car this morning was not fun. Girls have a 2hr delay due to ice. No issues driving to work this morning, but I guess it is the back roads they are concerned with.

Sherry...I would like to see Wicked, but I didn't get tickets:(

Tonight I am getting my haircut, can't stand the length...although I will keep most of it just for Todd:love: I also will have dinner with my Dad. I put ribs in the crockpot this morning...hope they turn out well.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone....

Good Morning to all!
Paula - sounds like you have gotten things figured out on the job front. I sure hope it works out well for you. Trust me "the grass is NOT always greener."
Tara - Did you get your lights up? For some reason one of those Christmas movies comes to mind :rolleyes1
Alan - good luck with the float thing. AND the candyless house ugh I NEED chocolate to survive ;)
Sherry - glad you didn't get the white stuff that was predicted. Can't stand when I'm running late, I get off my morning routine and then wind up forgetting something or other.
Hey Elaine - how's our young 'un doin' today? how's daddy doin'?
Amanda - did you have to mention ribs in the crock pot? Yum sounds good, hope they come out great for ya'.
Off I go to start the work day. Darn why can't I win the lottery? (probably 'cause I don't play :rolleyes: )
:hug: :love: all around.

We got more snow... some schools locally are delayed, but not the major ones. Our kids would be in school today still.

Betty, always lovely to see you here! Glad you enjoyed the pictures

Sherry, glad the snow avoided you this time.

Amanda, I feel for you on scraping the car. I always hated doing that in the morning going to work. I hope you have a great time with your dad for dinner tonight.

Paula, good luck at work. I can see both points of view. I just hope if you do transition to the other job that they will actually treat you well.

LOL, Rose Mary! We always say we'll win the lottery if we ever play. We never do so oh well ;) Everyone is doing okay today. Luis is home so I get to take a day off if I want :teeth:

Pam, did you find that recipe for baby food roadkill yet?
No - but I did send some roadkill for the baby! :teeth: Did Dom get it yet, Elaine?

Hi gang!

Just a quick check in - wanted to give you an update about me.....had a meeting at work today and after many many hours of careful thought and consideration I have requested to start working more days in the office - continuing to manager the offsite staff but making myself more visible to the in-hosue staff - I've also requested to work with the Network Dept. - this is the dept that deals with our vendor network nationwide. My requests and thoughts were met well by my boss and agreed that I shoudl start the transition next month.

I can feel your relief in your post, Paula!:woohoo: :thumbsup2 That's sounds like a good plan!!

Oh - and Sherry, we got your snow! :mad: On top of the snow we got on Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday! :rolleyes: I hate walking the dog in this. We walk a mile a day back a little side/country road. There's ice underneath the snow and darn Gunny pulls me along like we're on an Alaskan dog sled race! My neck, shoulder and back are killing me!

Please pray for my son as he heads home for the weekend as soon as his last class is over! I'm worried - the weather channel says that the snow is supposed to stop -- but it's really coming down, the plows are running and the roads aren't getting cleared!:guilty: It's a 1.5 - 2 hour trip from college to here for him, depending on the traffic. Who knows what the roads are like down there -- and he is driving a Mustang.:guilty:

Elaine - you have to take Dominic outside and build a snowman -- and a snowfort -- and then go ice skating!:yay:

...Sherry - woohoo on Wicket tickets - I hope you enjoy it - I loved it....

....HUH??!? :confused:

DISNEYFANRI said:
...Alan....or should I call you Candy Man....?.....great now that song is gonna be stuck in my head....

rrc9.jpg

DISNEYFANRI said:
...Hi to Amanda, Todd, Kimmar, Rosemary, Beth, Kristy, Pam......and all!!

...:wave:

Yeah, I've had Mr. Davis' voice going through my head a lot this week also :teeth:

Paula, I hope this works out for you; you sound pretty positive for it :)

Pam, I'm sure your boy will make it home to you ;)

And I am not saying this to tease, but I think it is supposed to be in the 60's for the parade tonight, which does not feel real "Christmas-y"

Mmm..ribs sound good :) Yeah, I think the mom should have mentioned something about the dinner, Amanda, but I hope the girls had a good time.

And good morning, y'all!

Pam, I'm sure your boy will make it home to you ;)

And I am not saying this to tease, but I think it is supposed to be in the 60's for the parade tonight, which does not feel real "Christmas-y"

Oh I have NO illusions, Alan! He's not coming home to me -- he's coming home to hunt with his Dad and friends! :lmao:

YOU BIG TEASE! :mad: In the 60ºs! :faint: We were actually 50º last Sunday night with lots and lots of rain!

I have to kind of chuckle at the thought of you portraying the Candy Man! :rotfl2: Karma sure has a funny way of reaching up and nipping you in the butt, doesn't it?

Back when I was a Den Leader in Scouts, when the boys were in Wolf Cubs and in 2nd year, our entire Pack marched in a local Christmas parade one town over from ours.

Each Den of every rank was responsible for making their own little theme for their group. Our Den decided to do a "All Creatures Great and All, God Bless Them All - Especially at Christmas" mini float. (Which is ironic when you think about it because my Den was the most blood-thirsty group of little boys to probably ever pass through the Scouting system.... :rolleyes1 )

So - we get a little wagon and a Christmas tree and about a million stuffed animals (not plushies! :scared1: ) and we make glittery signs with sappy and tender sentiments about being kind to the little animals and loving everyone!

The boys looked like perfect little Cub Scouts with their uniforms on and their hats perched just so on their heads. One Scout (who was the hellion of the group) even dressed as Santa, complete with a beard. Now the boys had to walk. One of the Leaders :-)rolleyes1 ) decided it would be great for the boys to toss candy to the kids along the route. She bought several bags of a mixed variety.

The Cubmaster arranged us according to our rank -meaning the Tiger Cubs, the youngest, would march first, then the Wolf Cubs, followed by the Bear Cubs and then Webelos I and Webelos II.

It started out pretty good. My boys were semi-behaved. They stayed on the street and didn't make a run for it or anything. There was only a minimal amount of tousling and shoving. And then IT happened.:sad2: Santa Scout got totally immersed into tossing the candy and grabbed a bag and just started PITCHING the candy at the kids! :headache:

He wound up his arm and before the Leaders could stop him - he hurled a LOLLIPOP projectile at a high school girl! And --- hit her right in the eye! :faint:

We sprang into action - one Leader grabbed the evidence -- all the bags of candy and hit them under the stuffed lion. Another rounded up the other Scouts from our Den who were joyously proclaiming, "Wow! Vinnie just got hit that girl in the eye! Is there blood??!!" (For the record, I didn't see any blood....)

The other Leader :-)rolleyes1 ) yells, "Come on, boys, let's make a break for it "- jerks the wagon handle from a little dude's fingers and starts running mad cap up the street. The rest of our Den followed suit - we looked like the Stooges -- we rush up and overtake the Tiger Cubs, who are marching sedately along the route - waving to the crowd and being good poster boys for Scouting. We practically wipe them out - muscle our way in FRONT of them and now try to pass ourselves off as the good Tiger Cubs and leave them to take the fall. we even push Santa back with them.:rotfl:

We were in other parades after that -- but we never, ever tossed candy again!:scared1:

Just got back from running some errands. Getting ready to head back out in a bit.

Pam, what a story. :lmao: Prayers for safe travels for your DS. Sorry you got our snow. If it makes you feel any better, they are talking about snow mixed with freezing rain tonight. :rolleyes1

Paula, good luck with the work situation.

Rose Mary, I hate when I run late too. Throws my whole morning off. I actually got all the boys to school on time today. :banana:

Kimmar, I got Wicked tix yesterday.

Alan, the parade sounds fun. And I'd gladly trade you weather so you'll feel more Christmas-y. :teeth:

Pam, I meant to tell you yesterday that a Christmas present came in the mail. Is it safe to open? :teeth: :rotfl:
As for going outside and doing all the fun snow stuff... no thanks. I prefer hot weather over snowy crap :p

Speaking of weather, we're supposed to warm up this weekend too but not quite as nice as what those down south will get.

kind of lazing around today. We'll see if we do much of anything else today.

Elaine! I am shocked and hurt at the insinuation that a present that I sent may not "be safe to open"! :mad:

If it is not moving or shaking or gnawing or growling, it *should* be safe. :teeth:

And what on earth is this world coming to? Do you know how hard it was to find some decent roadkill to buy?:guilty:

Alan....atleast you are riding and not having to walk in the parade;)

Elaine...I can't believe a gift arrived yesterday and you still haven't opened it.

Paula...good luck with work. Remember working with others can get to ya...that will be one of the downfalls of you moving back to the office.

Pam...that incident must have happened before the sue-happy people became of age;) Safe travels for your DS.

Okay in all honesty the only reason why we didn't open it was because it was wrapped in Christmas paper :p

We'll get a pic sometime, but it is official, Dom has his first roadkill :rotfl:

and now I am reminded that I need to get thank you notes out. Wonder if I could get Luis to write them :scratchin

Do you know how hard it was to find some decent roadkill to buy?:guilty:

47b7cc26b3127cceb1d177b758f000000026100AYtmTZm2YuGPg

Santa is using the armadillos for transportation after all. ::yes::

But the story was hilarious :lmao:

Amanda, me walk? :rotfl:

I would have taken Christmas paper for "Do not open until X-mas" too. I hope you and Luis are enjoying your day and that he has fun writing thank you cards :teeth:

Elaine...I can't believe a gift arrived yesterday and you still haven't opened it.
Me, too. I would have been all over that puppy!

Pam...that incident must have happened before the sue-happy people became of age;) Safe travels for your DS.

Yeah, Amanda - my son was 7 or 8 and he's now 19! I really don't think the eye was damaged -- probably a little bit sore. It was the lollipop part that hit her, not the stick, thank goodness!

Okay in all honesty the only reason why we didn't open it was because it was wrapped in Christmas paper :p

We'll get a pic sometime, but it is official, Dom has his first roadkill :rotfl:

and now I am reminded that I need to get thank you notes out. Wonder if I could get Luis to write them :scratchin

If a present arrives here - it's fair game!:lmao: That really wasn't the roadkill I was wanting. I was wanting a raccoon or a possum, but the beaver will have to do! I think they quit making that roadkill thing I bought a couple of years ago that made the Ya Ya rounds!:rotfl2:

47b7cc26b3127cceb1d177b758f000000026100AYtmTZm2YuGPg

Santa is using the armadillos for transportation after all. ::yes::

But the story was hilarious :lmao:

I would have taken Christmas paper for "Do not open until X-mas" too. I hope you and Luis are enjoying your day and that he has fun writing thank you cards :teeth:

Hey! I saw an armadillo up close in September when DH and I were at a convention in Florida. On a free afternoon he dragged me to several swamps in search of an alligator :-)rolleyes: ) but instead an armadillo jumped out in front of me!!:rotfl:

Okay Pam, I have to say this... I laughed when I realized my 1 week old son got his first beaver :rotfl:

Sick and twisted mind I know.

I wish I had seen the the original though. I imagine it was hilarious. Though I admit I still like BaB we sent you a few years ago ;)

Enjoy the weekend, folks.

I'm off this afternoon to take care of a few things before we go. See y'all later.

Okay Pam, I have to say this... I laughed when I realized my 1 week old son got his first beaver :rotfl:

Sick and twisted mind I know.

I wish I had seen the the original though. I imagine it was hilarious. Though I admit I still like BaB we sent you a few years ago ;)

Okay - that very thought occurred to me this morning when I was wondering if the package had arrived or not! It struck me, "I just sent Baby Dominic his first beaver!" :scared1: :blush:

Oh well - you all just assumed that I would be the one to do something like that, didn't you?:rolleyes1

Ahhh... yes, Rodney Roadkill - he sits beside my desk and keeps me company. Well -- it doesn't really sit -- it's more like he slumps..... :rolleyes1 (And I'm known as the weird one on this thread.... :sad2: )

Dominic his first beaver!"
:scared:
Poor baby is gonna be scarred for life! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Pam - did ya' ever see a gator? LOL You should have looked up a local to give ya' some tips. :rolleyes1

my 1 week old son got his first beaver :rotfl:
:lmao: :lmao: will not say anything will not say anything will not say anything :lmao: :lmao: I have to remember this is a family board!! :lmao:

hello/goodbye gang,
I've checked in but havne't had time to post in two days. Now I'm going home to kick some mama butt in yahtzee. She's been feeling neglected so we are going to spike our egg nog and play yahtzee. Jar is at dad's until sunday and ethan has a cold...so give him some benydryl and we are good to go!!

I'll see ya'll tomorrow!!

tara

Pam, I figured you would think like that too! I think it is hilarious!!!
I wouldn't say you were any more weird than the rest of us. We had a blast finding Rodney and bringing him home to you :p

Rose Mary, given who the parents are, you sure a little beaver will scar Dom for life... I think we'll do far more damage :rotfl:

Tara, enjoy the time with your mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter