"We're All Mad Here" PTR - Feb '15. UPDATED 14/2/15!

dhidra

DIS Veteran
After coming home from our last trip in May this year, I had Disney blues. My sister was talking about bringing her 2 girls, and I jumped on the bandwagon! My Mam was easily persuaded too!

We decided to stay in an apartment offsite as my nieces are both over 7 and therefore have to pay adult prices in the Disney hotels. It will help cut down on food costs too as we can make packed lunches etc. Also we will be able to put the kids to bed at night and retire to the living room for a glass of wine!

Who:
Me: 6th trip to DLP. Super excited to be sharing a trip with my extended family.
Favourites - All the roller coasters, Main Street USA, restaurants and shops. :)
Hoping to meet - Princess Anna, Merida and Maleficent.

DS1: age 6, 3rd trip to DLP. Will be thrilled to be showing DL to his cousins. Favourite rides - Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. Will most definitely not be going on Tower of Terror (still traumatized) Hoping to meet - Stitch, Maleficent, Princess Anna, Sleeping Beauty

DS2: age 3, 2nd trip to DLP. Favourite ride - Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast Hoping to meet - Buzz Lightyear

Mam: age, undisclosed! 2nd trip to DLP. Previous trip was in 1992! Will enjoy seeing what has changed since then, also trying out the restaurants and perusing the shops.

Sis: age also undisclosed! First trip. Very laid back and not into planning as much as me!

DN1: age 8, first trip.
DN2: age 7, first trip.
Both girls will be super excited to be going on holidays with their cousins. I know they're both going to love DLP! They love Frozen so hopefully we will get to meet Anna & Elsa.

DHs: staying at home!

Where: Staying at a 2 bedroom apartment at Adagio, near Val D'Europe. Getting APs, being sponsored by ILOVEDLP

When: 17th-21st February 2015 (Midterm Break)

"We're All Mad Here" is a reference to an Alice in Wonderland poster I had on my bedroom door as a teenager. My Mam resurrected it recently for a project she was doing for a competition. The quote sums us up well. :)

Last edited:
So now I'm thinking - if there's anyone who's not mad here? :lmao::lmao:

Well be taking newbies with us too on this trip. can't wait to show them around and hopefully get infected with DLP virus and get them addicted.

What are your plans for the newbies?

Welcome back dhidra. :goodvibes How lovely to be introducing your family to Disney. Looking forward to hearing more of your plans. :thumbsup2

Oh and my crazy great aunt tells me that insanity runs in our family too. :rotfl2:

So now I'm thinking - if there's anyone who's not mad here? :lmao:
Good point! :-D

We'll probably let the newbies take the lead for the most part, we will have a few must-dos but seeing as we have done everything before we won't mind too much if we miss some things.

However, on our last trip, we missed a few rides, that I would like to try do.

Indiana Jones (closed)
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Casey Jnr
Pochahontas Indian Village
Nautilus
***Disneyland Railroad***
Animagique
Cinemagique
Stunt Show
Flying Carpets (closed)
Rock n Roller Coaster
***Ratatouille (not open yet!!)***

***really don't want to miss this time!

I love love love Casey Jr!!!! And Animagique, and Cinemagique and stunt show. Although stunt show became a bit boring, because of no-changes and seeing it too many times. Funny thing that Animagique and Cinemagique didn't change either, but I don't mind that.
And we haven't done Ratatouille yet too.

I want to to Phantom Manor badly, but Gailius is too afraid. I think we'll do baby switch with him, so I could do the ride :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm a planing freak. Totally addicted to it. I'll have to confess that to newbies. They have to live with it. Or we go separate ways :lmao::lmao: I need to plan and stick to my plan. I love planing. OK, I'm nuts :banana::banana:

Sounds like an exciting trip ahead! Your mom will see some changes since 1992!!! Enjoy all your planning - looking forward to following along! :thumbsup2

Must dig out all the 1992 photos and go through them with Mam! I was only 9 and I remember it vividly so I'd say she does too.

For restaurants I'm thinking....

A character meal - either Auberge or Cafe Mickey. Both if I can get my way! My nieces aren't princess mad but DS1 is!

Chez Remy - a definite! Have heard great reports and the theming looks fab.

Blue Lagoon - One of my favourites and the boys loved it on the last trip. I reckon my Mam and sister would like it too.

Agrabah - Have never been but I like buffets and I think Mam would like the food here.

We'll probably just have one big meal per day and bring snacks or eat at the apartment. We'll bring stuff in our checked bags and pop into Auchan supermarket at Val D'Europe on our first day.

I want to to Phantom Manor badly, but Gailius is too afraid. I think we'll do baby switch with him, so I could do the ride :lmao::lmao::lmao: :
It took a few days to persuade DS2 to go on Phantom Manor but we got there in the end! once he was on it he was fine. Not like the parachute drop, he wasn't impressed with that! :lmao:

Your plans sound great - and yes, we're all mad here :rotfl::rotfl:

dhidra said:
It took a few days to persuade DS2 to go on Phantom Manor but we got there in the end! once he was on it he was fine. Not like the parachute drop, he wasn't impressed with that! :lmao:

doesn't work that way. We end up using chicken exit.

Great plans Dee and you know what APs mean.... you have to return :yay:

I have a recollection of reading that Animagique is to close but I'm unsure when that's to happen. The railroad is a lovely, relaxed way to see the park from a different vantage point plus there's some awesome bits where you go through some rides.

Handy being in VdE too as there's some fab places to eat and shop. PAULs bakery, anything flakey, that is all ;)

Thanks Kizzy. I've done most of those things before but just not on the last trip!
I'm thinking of Dec 15 for a return AP trip. It would be a shame to waste them!

Thanks Kizzy. I've done most of those things before but just not on the last trip!
I'm thinking of Dec 15 for a return AP trip. It would be a shame to waste them!

There is nothing more shameful then wasting money and not going again would be simply ghastly!! :dance3: Love Christmas time, so so magical :love:

Oh definitely need to get value from the APs. Fingers crossed for a great deal / flash sale so you can book hubby in onsite then add the rest of you at checkin?

Oh definitely need to get value from the APs. Fingers crossed for a great deal / flash sale so you can book hubby in onsite then add the rest of you at checkin?
Yeah will just book DH in so Hopefully it won't cost too much. would love love love the DLH but we'll have to wait and see!

Islia it might be worthwhile......if you spread two trips about 11 months apart.... ;-)

dhidra said:
Oh and for me I think it's worth buying one AP anyway for the restaurant and shop discounts. I seem to spend a lot there!

Which one do you buy?

Just spotted this love the plans dee :goodvibes
See you on the 17th need to do my tr before I start my PTR lol
Onlyjust over 3 weeks till ADR time :thumbsup2

Will be buying at least one dream AP Islia, ILOVEDLP will be sponsoring me.

Rachael, get moving on that TR! even just photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter