"We're All Mad Here" PTR - Feb '15. UPDATED 14/2/15!

My sister will be visiting between Xmas and new year (she lives 4 hours away) so I'm hoping to go into full planning mode then and lock down our meals and make our ADRs.

I've discounted Cafe Mickey seeing as it's set menu only now. Although breakfast is an option. Anyone know how much it is for offsite guests?

I'm thinking Inventions instead, or maybe Auberge. Will see what my sister would prefer.

Bistro Chez Remy is a definite, and then Blue Lagoon and Agrabah are strong possibilities.

A few friends have been to DLP in the last few months and all have said that Ratatouille is brilliant. Can't wait to try it out.

My sister will be visiting between Xmas and new year (she lives 4 hours away) so I'm hoping to go into full planning mode then and lock down our meals and make our ADRs.

I've discounted Cafe Mickey seeing as it's set menu only now. Although breakfast is an option. Anyone know how much it is for offsite guests?

I'm thinking Inventions instead, or maybe Auberge. Will see what my sister would prefer.

Bistro Chez Remy is a definite, and then Blue Lagoon and Agrabah are strong possibilities.

A few friends have been to DLP in the last few months and all have said that Ratatouille is brilliant. Can't wait to try it out.

I think I'm with you on CM, it just isnt as enticing now. BCR is just fabulous - best steak I've had in DLP by far and the fries are good too. Ratatouille is fab and disneyfanwicklow recommended riding it just before dining which I have to agree with - it was perfect.
Is everything coming together for you now?
xxx

I've discounted Cafe Mickey seeing as it's set menu only now. Although breakfast is an option. Anyone know how much it is for offsite guests

Hi dhidra, it's 25 euro for offsite guests and there is no child reduction.

Thanks guys. Still a lot of planning to do!
By the looks of things we probably won't get to the parks until 4pm on the first day, and then we have to sort out annual passes, so we may not get on any rides that day. That's what we'll tell the kids anyway, and if we do get on any, sure it will be a bonus.
We might watch the parade, have dinner, look in the shops, visit the castle, and maybe watch dreams if we're not too tired. our flight leaves Dublin at 9:15, so we won't be up super early, but still early enough!

ooooh I'm down to 50 days! Hope it passes quickly; I hate January.
I have been thinking a lot recently about booking for early next December. I really want to see the parks at Xmas and we'll have APs. But now I'm thinking it might be nice to go after Xmas. We don't usually do much between Xmas and going back to school, and it would be great way to beat the post-Xmas blues! Now I just have to work on DH!

dhidra, what did you decide about your meal plan? CM or Inventions or Auberge?

dhidra, what did you decide about your meal plan? CM or Inventions or Auberge?
Not yet! My sister will be here at the weekend so we'll decide then and make the ADRs. I've it all written out for her with prices etc. I showed it to my Mam today, along with photos I have of all the meals we ate in a May! She is keen to get everything booked. She's partial to buffets so we'll do at least one of those...if not Inventions, then Agrabah.

Oh and I looked at the prices for this time next year....so much more expensive than late Nov/early Dec!
I was looking at doing a 2 day trip with a friend during the summer. Gotta make use of my AP! Flights to Beauvais are so cheap! (Ryanair). Just not sure what's the cheapest way for her to do it.

Oh and I looked at the prices for this time next year....so much more expensive than late Nov/early Dec!
I was looking at doing a 2 day trip with a friend during the summer. Gotta make use of my AP! Flights to Beauvais are so cheap! (Ryanair). Just not sure what's the cheapest way for her to do it.

I'm going. 14th December got to se the park at Xmas time :lovestruc
You should get you friend discounted tickets with your ap at that time of year.
Dis playing up for me tonight grr

Thanks Rach.
Just looked up the closures for our trip. Space Mountain is closed (no biggie) and Pinocchio, although that reopens on our last day so we might fit it in. All restaurants seem to be open too, except Cafe Hyperion.

Thanks Rach.
Just looked up the closures for our trip. Space Mountain is closed (no biggie) and Pinocchio, although that reopens on our last day so we might fit it in. All restaurants seem to be open too, except Cafe Hyperion.

I know hardly anything we did space mountain on our last trip as I new it was due to be closed next year not a huge miss to us really.
Our meal plan all sewn up now.

Thats great re: closures :thumbsup2 Nothing too serious. Oooh its getting very close now :woohoo:

Ezyshuttle is booked for both journeys. Really should have done this sooner but luckily they had availability. Found the, excellent on the last trip. As there's 7 of us sharing it's working out very reasonable too.
Was at the shops today and was heading into Penny's to look for some disney jumpers but it was mental busy and the boys were having none of it. Hoping to go on my own tomorrow.

So myself and my sister sat down together yesterday, drank gallons of tea and made all our plans. We got all excited!

I showed her all 254 photos from our last trip, and I dug out the ones from 1992 aswell.

She loved the sound if Inventions, and wants to go twice! She was unsure about ADC. So I decided to book it just in case, and we can cancel it when we're there if needs be. I would just hate for the kids to be disappointed by not meeting a princess.

This morning I phoned up to make our ADRs:
Tues 6pm Blue Lagoon
Wed 1:30 Inventions
Thurs 1:30 Chez Remy
Fri 1:30 Auberge De Cendrillion*
Sat 1pm Inventions*

*one of these will be cancelled and Rainforest Cafe will be substituted. We'll decide when we're there. Breakfast will be at our apartment every morning and so will our evening meal on Wed, Thurs & Fri. Probably just sandwiches or something like that from Auchan. We'll fill up at lunchtime!

I've started shopping for some boys for our trip.

Got snowboots in Lidl

A hoodie for me

My sister got me this lovely travel wallet with sections for passports, boarding passes etc. (much prettier than the ziplock bags I usually use!)

And PJs for the boys

Can I be super nosey and ask how much the boots were?
Love all the bits and bobs :thumbsup2
Where did your sister find the wallet? Its very nice, I'm also part of the ziplock brigade!

€20 for the boots Kizzy! Bargain! kids ones were €10. They may be gone from Lidl now but worth a look. also sports direct have sales on them at the moment.
The travel wallet came from Australia, she's home from there for Xmas. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter