• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Dreaming of a WL Christmas! DEC 2010 INTERACTIVE PTR NEW: 12/9 BYE-BYE!

Hello!!! Ok, this is it! In exactly one week from now, we will be in the parks for our first full day at WDW :woohoo: My whole family is beyond excited.

I just wanted to update with a few things before my final update of this PTR!

1) Customs: I have decided to keep the customs a secret ;) I really would love to do updates on my Trip Report and include the customs from that day at the beginning of the post! I hope it will be fun for you guys and something to look forward to...they are coming out SOOO cute! I am hand stitching the shirts so it is taking a very long time. I am on my second one and it has been 5 hours! :eek: Need to get that sewing machine fixed!

2) Stroller: Thank you all for your advice on the stroller issue!! I ended up renting this one from Orlando Strollers. It is the Classic Double.

stroller.jpg

I went with the Classic despite the heavier weight because of the extra room and the ability for my 7-year-old to sit in it as well. Plus, I really like the look!

3) Weather: So far, our vacation looks sunny and CHILLY/COLD! Kind of reminds me when we went in January. We will need to bring our heavy coats and gloves. There is one day that forcasts rain, but it is only 30% and we still have a few days for that to change before they are sure.

4) Surprise: Last, we have decided to keep the actual dates of our vacation a secret from our oldest, Abby! My mother-in-law (who is coming on the trip) had a last minute gallbladder surgery because she needed to and did not want to have an attack at WDW! The surgery went very well and she is feeling pretty good. Because of this, we told Abby that we were not sure when MiMi would be ready to go on vacation. We plan on picking her up from school early on Friday to go to a "dentist appointment" and when she gets into the car we will say "Your not going to the dentist...your going to Disney World!!" Everything will be packed up and we will hit the road at that point. Fun, huh?! :thumbsup2

That is it for now. I am going to put together a final post with all of my packing items because I know how much we all love to talk about packing:laughing:

I love the idea of Abby's surprise. I just know she is going to be so happy. Make sure you get it on film.
I can't wait to see the customs.
Yes, Florida does have another cold front coming. Ours ended yesterday and we have another one coming in Wednesday. It does get VERY cold in Orlando.
I love the stroller. Love the Mickey colors.
Have a wonderful trip!!

I love the idea of Abby's surprise. I just know she is going to be so happy. Make sure you get it on film.
I can't wait to see the customs.
Yes, Florida does have another cold front coming. Ours ended yesterday and we have another one coming in Wednesday. It does get VERY cold in Orlando.
I love the stroller. Love the Mickey colors.
Have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks!! We will for sure get it on tape :) I am preparing for the COLD! You know, that is exactly why I liked that stroller, the orange one did not match any of our outfits! hehe.

Cute stroller! I love that the look of it was a decision factor. It would have been for me too! ;)

Abby is going to be so surprised! I can't wait to read about her reaction!

I hope you have good weather - no more of that stuff we experienced in January! We just got back Tuesday and had great weather! The first two days were a little chilly, but not bad at all. In fact, Miguel never even put on a jacket the whole time we were there. The rest of the time was nice and warm - we even made it to the pool! Hopefully you'll get the same weather! :goodvibes

Cute stroller! I love that the look of it was a decision factor. It would have been for me too! ;)

Abby is going to be so surprised! I can't wait to read about her reaction!

I hope you have good weather - no more of that stuff we experienced in January! We just got back Tuesday and had great weather! The first two days were a little chilly, but not bad at all. In fact, Miguel never even put on a jacket the whole time we were there. The rest of the time was nice and warm - we even made it to the pool! Hopefully you'll get the same weather! :goodvibes

Hey Girl!!! Did you start at TR yet on your trip?! Your weather seemed beautiful!! Yes, I am hoping no crazy cold fronts. It is still saying rain on Sunday evening (which is a bummer bc we are seeing the CP that night!) but, we still have a day or two for that to change with the weather.

One reason we won't tell Abby is that she gets so excited, she does not sleep the night before we leave and we all pay on the ride down :eek::laughing: SO, we decided to let her get a great sleep and then we will all be happier. AND it is so fun to surprise them. We have never done that with a WDW trip before. We were kind of inspired by all of the new commercials with the kids yelling and so happy :goodvibes

Ooo, can't wait to be surprised by the customs! I bet they're adorable! Less than a week now-- you must be so excited!!
Abby will be so surprised-- that was such a cute idea.

We leave a for WL a week from Thursday. Pay really close to the weather. There could be a huge winter storm through the midwest next week. It could bring down frigid temps. Lows below freezing believe it or not. I saw one that had it not getting above freezing in Atlanta! :scared1:

Ooo, can't wait to be surprised by the customs! I bet they're adorable! Less than a week now-- you must be so excited!!
Abby will be so surprised-- that was such a cute idea.

Thank you!! I am so excited to share the customs with ya'll! I am SOOO excited and totally looking forward to it. THanks for following along :goodvibes

The stroller looks good. I'm looking forward to your TR! The surprise for Abby sounds like a lot of fun! :)

Thank you! I like the stroller too :) Can't WAIT to report about it!

We leave a for WL a week from Thursday. Pay really close to the weather. There could be a huge winter storm through the midwest next week. It could bring down frigid temps. Lows below freezing believe it or not. I saw one that had it not getting above freezing in Atlanta! :scared1:

Oh my! What day would that be? We leave this Friday (the 10th) and check out the following Thursday (the 16th).

Hey Girl!!! Did you start at TR yet on your trip?! Your weather seemed beautiful!! Yes, I am hoping no crazy cold fronts. It is still saying rain on Sunday evening (which is a bummer bc we are seeing the CP that night!) but, we still have a day or two for that to change with the weather.

One reason we won't tell Abby is that she gets so excited, she does not sleep the night before we leave and we all pay on the ride down :eek::laughing: SO, we decided to let her get a great sleep and then we will all be happier. AND it is so fun to surprise them. We have never done that with a WDW trip before. We were kind of inspired by all of the new commercials with the kids yelling and so happy :goodvibes

Yes, I just started my TR! (The link is in my siggy). I hope you will come over - it won't be the same without you! :goodvibes

Well...THIS IS IT!!! We are leaving tomorrow for WDW during Christmastime :santa: I am so shocked and seriously need to get the rest of my things packed and organized.

I talked to Orlando Strollers confirming my rental and they told me that they would probably bring me their new City Classic Elite (which is just an upgraded version of what I ordered)! He says they are brand new and are amazing. Can't wait to try it out :banana:

Thanks to everyone for sticking through this PTR with me! It did NOT go as planned with my house problems and all. I can't wait to get back and share the magic with all of you :wizard:

What if that green light of yours doing on?! You have Disney TOMORROW!!!:cool1::cool1:
Will you be doing FB updates? If so, I could post the statuses on here if you want?
Have a magical trip!!:goodvibes

I hope you have an amazing time, Katie, and that you don't think about your house issues for one second while you're there! :goodvibes Even with life getting in the way this was still a wonderful PTR! All of your reports are so much fun, and I can't wait for the upcoming TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter