We've FALLen for WDW...An October 2010 PTR! New 10/14 TR Link Added

Okay, so I finally have calmed down a bit from the exciting news yesterday! Phew! I definitely want to make a list of all the new things we can do now b/c of staying at GF! :) I can't believe it. I'll work on it and post it soon! :)

2.5 more days of work, 2 nights at home and 1 night at my in-laws and then HELLO DISNEY WORLD! Until then here's number...

3. SEEING MY COUSIN

BrideMOH.jpg

I haven’t seen my cousin since the beginning of August. We’ve become very close in the past few years and we were already close since we were younger. I know she’s been homesick lately so I hope blessing her with our presence will help her. I’m not looking forward to the goodbye already. I’m really hoping she’ll be able to spend a day or two with us as I’d love to show her the magic of Disney. She’s a Universal fan. Tsk Tsk!

THINGS WE CAN DO NOW (because we’re staying at the Grand Floridian) THAT WE COULDN’T BEFORE (because we were staying at CSR)!

1. Arrival Day Lunch. I’m not anticipating our room to be ready when we get there b/c we were switched only 4 days out. I know we’ll be famished by this point b/c we would have eaten breakfast around 7am. I’m thinking now I want to head over to one of the other monorail resorts or even MK for lunch. It all depends on how we feel. I am going to look over the CS menus now.

2. Lay on a lounge chair, Kindle in hand, along the seven seas lagoon. Supposedly (from what I’ve read on the GF FAQ thread) there are loungers on the beach. I really hope this is the case.

3. Leave later for many of our ADRs. The WDW buses really make me nauseous as I get car sick very easily. We will obviously still need to take a bus to DHS, AK, and DTD but we won’t need to take a bus to MK or Epcot. That’s definitely a plus in my books. Getting “home” after MK EMH’s until 1am will be so much easier now.

4. Walk through the GF lobby everyday. I know that a lot of people wouldn’t choose GF as their resort of choice but if you were to ask me if I could choose to stay at any resort on property regardless of the cost, I would hands down pick Grand Floridian. It’s my dream resort. Yes, I know that I’ve said I love AKL, Boardwalk (that would be my second dream resort), and the rooms at the Contemporary. However, I can already envision the trance Greg and I will be in starting from the moment we walk through the doors at GF until the moment we leave them on our departure day. It’s the music playing, the décor throughout the resort, and the feel of classiness. I know that many don’t enjoy the décor of the rooms but it is a part of the ambiance. We are going to feel so special our entire trip. Words cannot express how grateful I am to have been offered this once in a lifetime opportunity. It costs over $4000 to stay at the GF for 8 nights (room only)-that’s for garden view and NOT in the main building! Our entire WDW Travel Package cost a bit over $3000, including tickets, insurance, and airfare.

I was just perusing and saw your good news and all I can say is WOW! How awesome is that! It's always nice to see people getting pixie dust!!!! That is so awesome! I would love to stay there one day too! Just can't afford that!!! What a wonderful surprise! Can't wait for the pics! :):cool1::banana:

I was just perusing and saw your good news and all I can say is WOW! How awesome is that! It's always nice to see people getting pixie dust!!!! That is so awesome! I would love to stay there one day too! Just can't afford that!!! What a wonderful surprise! Can't wait for the pics! :):cool1::banana:

We can't afford it either. It's definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. :)

Don't worry, there will be plenty of pictures! :)

Just found this thread....HOW AWESOME!!! Congrats....that is just wonderful that you are staying at one of the nicest hotels on the property.... I'm sure it is going to be a Magical vacation...I am also planning my WDW vacation...love the planning....now I know there are other people like me out there that love Disney so much....but you are an exception...wow...so organized...love it. We will be just getting back from Epcot this time next week...so excited. I can't sleep....I have been up reading these post for several hours... Planning is so much fun....I am so excited for you and your upgrade!!!

Just found this thread....HOW AWESOME!!! Congrats....that is just wonderful that you are staying at one of the nicest hotels on the property.... I'm sure it is going to be a Magical vacation...I am also planning my WDW vacation...love the planning....now I know there are other people like me out there that love Disney so much....but you are an exception...wow...so organized...love it. We will be just getting back from Epcot this time next week...so excited. I can't sleep....I have been up reading these post for several hours... Planning is so much fun....I am so excited for you and your upgrade!!!

I know I'm organized but I've seen people even MORE organized and MORE creative than me here on these boards, it's crazy! :) But-yes, it's nice to have people to "talk" to about Disney because nobody I know IRL loves it as much as I do. :)

We may end up at Epcot for EMH next week, too. We'll see what we feel like doing. :)

Wow! what an upgrade! I have never heard of something like that happening. So happy for you. You make a great point about being able to leave later for your ADRs. At least the Monorails are pretty reliable as to time (compared to buses).

Only 2 days! Wow! I'm sure you're beyond excited. Have an amazing trip!

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo hoooo! :cheer2::dance3::cool1::thumbsup2:banana:

Wow! what an upgrade! I have never heard of something like that happening. So happy for you. You make a great point about being able to leave later for your ADRs. At least the Monorails are pretty reliable as to time (compared to buses).

Only 2 days! Wow! I'm sure you're beyond excited. Have an amazing trip!

I've read here on the DIS about it. I just never thought it would happen to me. It doesn't happen often. I just can't believe they offered us the Grand Floridian-the most expensive resort on property. It wasn't even showing any availability a couple months ago. :confused3

Less than 48 hours now and we'll be in the best place on earth!!! :banana:

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo hoooo! :cheer2::dance3::cool1::thumbsup2:banana:

Imagine how excited for me you are and then multiply it by about one million. :lmao: It really was the best day ever! :)

2 more days! :banana::banana: Well, actually only about 37 hours until we are leaving Chicago and heading for Orlando! :cool1: Only 1 more day of work! :banana:

2. FOOD

DoleWhip.jpg

I didn’t want to make my top ten as broad as to encompass an entire portion of my trip (eating)-but it very well could have been food taking up my entire top ten list if I didn’t. Seriously. I’ll elaborate.

Boma.
Specifically the banana bread, red breakfast potatoes, goat cheese & chive eggs, and jungle juice. I’m almost certain that will be all my plate(s) will contain. Yum Yum! Does anyone else have any favorites at Boma for breakfast to try?

The Wave.
The food sounds amazing and I am very excited for the experience. We have this meal our first night which will be a perfect and relaxed beginning to our trip.

Pineapple Dole Whip. No float, please! Greg and I fell in love with these our last trip. I’m looking forward to them NOT being tinted green.

Pastries from the bakery in France.
I still remember my first bite of a chocolate croissant. I fell in love. There will be multiple of these consumed as the week progresses, I promise you that.

Le Cellier. If only to say that I ate there. The most hyped WDW restaurant (IMO). The restaurant that completes the complete vacation circle.

Yay for food! You know, I'm not a big fan of the Dole Whip? I don't like pineapple at all, so I don't see a reason for me to try the Dole Whip :lmao:

Yay for food! You know, I'm not a big fan of the Dole Whip? I don't like pineapple at all, so I don't see a reason for me to try the Dole Whip :lmao:

Have you ever tried it?! I don't enjoy pineapple all that much either and last trip I made Greg get it and I got the orange one. Yuck! I may have made him switch with me. It really is delicious!

I tried one when a friend got one on an off day, and I didn't like it. I'm not really sure why, to be honest.

Well, folks. This is it. 8 months worth of planning is done. There's not a single thing I can do to plan more for this trip. The house is clean (well, as clean as it's gonna be-my Dad is here and will be here next week working on our fireplace/entertainment center in our living room), all the bags are packed, and we're checked in online. We'll be leaving our house after work and head to my in-laws for the night and they'll drive us to the airport tomorrow morning. Tomorrow at this time, we'll be just getting off the plane in MCO! :)

I'll be on the DIS some this afternoon (as the girl I babysit for is napping) so don't forget to PM me if you'd like to be my friend on facebook for status updates here and there! :)

See Ya Real Soon! :banana::banana::banana: Ahh! I can't believe it!!! I'm SO excited!!!!

MY NUMBER ONE!!!!

1. ARRIVING AT THE AIRPORTS-BOTH OF THEM!

midway-airport-code.jpg

These are two different times combined into one. No, I’m not talking about leaving either! I’m not crazy people! I’m talking about when we get to the airport and are saying goodbye to Greg’s parents. No, not because we’re leaving them behind but because we’ll finally be on vacation-that’s the official starting moment of our trip. The second time I am talking about is the moment we step off the plane into MCO. The hurry up and wait (rushing off the plane but stopping to wait for luggage) and finally being in the ME line. Overall, it’s the ANTICIPATION, the happiness because our trip is here and it JUST started.

The French toast at Boma is awesome!

Have a great trip! I'm PMing you my FB info :)

I can't wait to hear ALL about your trip! As much as I love CSR, I am sooooo happy for you and your GF pixie dust!!!! :banana:

I absolutely LOVE Boma, breakfast and dinner! The juice is to die for, that is my favorite thing about breakfast. And the chicken-corn chowder at dinner :love: You can't go wrong at either time of the day.

Great pic from the airport runway. Neat-o! :woohoo: Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter