What’s for Dinner Tonight?

how old is the kiddle? when my kiddos were were still preschool age i put them to work helping with dinner-they loved putting on food grade plastic gloves and mixing ground beef with the seasonings and such for meatloaf or meatballs.
Adorable!!!

I’m a mama of 4 kiddos…grown adults now, with their own families! I’m with you on putting the kids to work early LOL

This little grandbaby is just about 6 months old. Not quite ready for KP, but soon!

Yesterday was a friend's daughter's birthday party, so we had walking tacos, veggie/fruit and then a berry/homemade whipped dessert. I was sooooo full but it was worth it

Having a snow day here, so I made a pot of chili for the males...they will have chili dogs at some point. I'm craving a taco salad so will put that together once this cat decides his nap on my lap is over. 💜

Not sure yet…”what’s for dinner”. Bipolar weather..one minute warm and sunny, next minute cold and windy! Going to check my garage freezer and see if anything inspires me,

Supper tonight is leftovers. We have 4 homemade chicken tenders, maybe 2 servings of the veggie soup I made earlier in the week, about a cup of leftover spetzle, and DD made awesome curried meatballs last night and there are still plenty of them. Gonna make a pot of rice, heat up the spetzle, and make the other stuff feed 4 of us. Maybe a ricotta quesadilla for me if there's not enough leftovers to go around.

Yesterday was a friend's daughter's birthday party, so we had walking tacos, veggie/fruit and then a berry/homemade whipped dessert. I was sooooo full but it was worth it

Having a snow day here, so I made a pot of chili for the males...they will have chili dogs at some point. I'm craving a taco salad so will put that together once this cat decides his nap on my lap is over. 💜
I’m intrigued. What is a walking taco?

I'm assuming the walking taco is a bag of Fritos opened up with taco meat and toppings (sour cream, cheese, lettuce, etc) on top of the Fritos, and eaten out of the bag with a spoon or fork. At least, that's what it is around here.

I'm assuming the walking taco is a bag of Fritos opened up with taco meat and toppings (sour cream, cheese, lettuce, etc) on top of the Fritos, and eaten out of the bag with a spoon or fork. At least, that's what it is around here.
That’s what it is here, too. I’m not a fan. I prefer an old school frito pie.

Oh that doesn’t sound good

I’m intrigued. What is a walking taco?

I’m glad you asked that question as I, too want to know 😎

As above, but here it's a bag of Doritos with meat, cheese, queso, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of eating them out of the Dorito bag, so I dump em out and make "nachos". Tasty for the junk food it is, ha! It wasn't until after I had one that I saw they had low carb tortillas. 🫤

I DID eat pretty much my weight in fresh berries and fresh whipped cream, though!

I ended up defrosting homemade chicken noodle soup from the freezer. Warmed that up and also made turkey club melts on the cast iron.
Used spreadable Boursin as the cheese, sliced tomatoes, pickled red onions, leftover bacon from breakfast…all on buttered sourdough bread. Pretty good for a little throw together dinner. Oh! And a spicy dill pickle on the side. 😉😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter