What’s for Dinner Tonight?

cottage pie (thank you coleman's envelope mix :lovestruc ).
I was just going to ask you how this compares to Shepherds Pie but quick search seemed to say that they were pretty much the same thing. I love that stuff. Hope it's a great meal for you.

I was just going to ask you how this compares to Shepherds Pie but quick search seemed to say that they were pretty much the same thing. I love that stuff. Hope it's a great meal for you.

we alternate between the two but i don't have any lamb defrosted today (otherwise the kitchenaide would be out for dh to grind it up).

we alternate between the two but i don't have any lamb defrosted today (otherwise the kitchenaide would be out for dh to grind it up).
Oh, is that the difference? Does one have lamb and the other have beef? I've only had the beef version myself.

We were supposed to have Mac and cheese with salad but with the weekend coming we probably won’t eat the leftovers so I’m pushing that to next week and tonight was pizza and salad. I had ricotta, garlic, and broccoli and DH had pepperoni.

Tonight ended up being white people tacos.

Ground beef, black beans, cabbage mix, tomatoes, white onion, fresh jalapeno. Of course, sour cream and Ortega.

I'm miserably full. Tacos are my favorite meal ever.

Dinner tonight is chili w/beans & shredded cheese for anyone who wants it.

Made a pot of Greek White Bean soup that was some of the best soup I have ever had. Ate some last night and have enough for about 2 more bowls.
Do you have a recipe you can share?
Last night I continued to clean out the fridge and had ratatouille and poached chicken that I cut up and mixed into the veggie dish. Too lazy to make rice or pasta so no carbs were eaten yesterday.

Tonight I’m making a bo ssam from a 2 pound manager’s special at Aldi’s. Want to check the recipe and see if it needs anymore seasoning. If it turns out well it would be nice to serve for the lunar new year. Of course that means no Chinese bbq spareribs but this dish is easier to make. I’ll serve the pork roast with steamed bok choy and all will be good.
I've never heard of bo ssam & had to look it up. I'm still not sure I understand what it is. Do you have a suggested recipe?
cottage pie (thank you coleman's envelope mix :lovestruc ).
Thanks for the tip.

Tonight is homemade chicken and rice vegetable soup with BLT’s. Also made some homemade Challah bread.

Teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin with veggie fried rice (frozen from Trader Joe's) and steamed broccoli. Also blistered shishito peppers.

Last weekend I went a little soup-crazy. Stripped the meat from a rotisserie chicken from Sam's and used the bones and veggie scraps (from the freezer- we save them) to make an awesome chicken stock. Half is in the freezer for a chicken soup at a later date and the other half became a creamy chicken gnocchi soup, WAY better than anything Olive Garden could dream up. I want to make that soup again! I also made french onion soup, starting with roasting beef bones to make stock. Like I said, I went a little crazy, but MAN did my house smell good, and we've had excellent lunches all week!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter