What’s something you’re weird about..

Clocks

They ALL have to say the exact same time. I cannot stand it when the approximately one zillion clocks in our house to not all say the exact same time. This often requires more than one person yelling out times to get them all set correctly. A power outage is a nightmare for me.

Eight is considered lucky in China and some other Asian cultures. In Mandarin Chinese the pronunciation for"eight" is similar to that for "wealth." Four is unlucky because it sounds like "death."

No, each digit in a phone number is always pronounced individually. 302 497-1978 is said three-oh-two, four-nine-seven, one-nine-seven-eight. 302 497-3000 would be xxx-xxx-three-oh-oh-oh. NOT three thousand. Same with US zip codes, each number said individually. 19702 One-nine-seven-oh-two. (Those Canadian postal codes are a nightmare. :crazy2:)

Same with US social security numbers, each digit individually. My mother drove me crazy when she said her SS# was xxx-ten-xxxx

For house numbers, however, there are different rules. Groups of two, with a few exceptions.
1548 Fifteen-forty eight.
1002 Ten-oh-two.
1000 Ten-oh-oh or One thousand
32819 Three-twenty eight-nineteen.
114 One-fourteen
10024 One hundred-twenty four

Couldn’t 10024 as one-hundred-twenty four also be interpreted as 124?

I only like the open end of pillowcases to face the outside of the bed. If mine or my husband's open end faces inwards, I have to change it.

My husband likes to have fans blowing on him at night. I can't stand to have it blowing on my face, so I have to have him adjust it.

There is nothing worse that a fan blowing in your face!! I can’t stand it. I also hate the feeling of water dripping off my nose.

I have to buy things at the store in even numbers... like apples or cans of things or bottles of soda. Always an even number. Now, I can just buy one of something, say a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread, but when things are needed in multiples... it must be even numbers!

My food also can’t touch. Unless it’s food meant to go together like spaghetti and meatballs or food made together, but if it’s separate food - nope not touching.

I always sleep on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom, regardless of the side. So, when we travel, I like whatever side gives me the beeline to the bathroom.

I’m sure I do other weird things.... I’m afraid to ask DH, he’d probably talk all night!

I like even numbers or multiples of 5. So 14 or 15 is fine, but I would not leave something on 13 or 17.

I don't know what it is about 14, but, even though I know 14 is an even number, in my head, it gets grouped w/ numbers like 11 or 13 or 17 or 19. I think that because it's right next to 15, I'm just always going to bump 14 up to 15.

I thought of another one for me.

We have 2 refrigerators - one in our kitchen & one in our mudroom. We keep single-serve drinks in the mudroom refrigerator - water bottles, cans, bottles of Gatorade, juice boxes, etc.

I can't handle it if, for some reason, someone in our family puts a lone bottle of water or some other single serve beverage in the kitchen refrigerator. It messes up the whole organization.

In our city the residential streets all have names; names that relate to the name of the subdivision. One of the neighbourhoods my company builds in is called Redstone. One of the streets in in is called Red Sky Green (cringe). :sad2: You can't make this stuff up.

You'd be surprised how many people here apply to the City to have the civic address of their homes changed when the numbers don't suit them. Chinese culture in particular has very strong "luck" association to numbers; they either must have or cannot have certain numbers. I think it's 8 they like and 4 they don't like but it might be the other way around

For the record, I would say your address as One-zero-zero-two. It irks the heck out of me when people say four-digit numbers in groups of two. Like if a phone number ends in 1627 and they say sixteen-twenty seven? Am I the only one who misses a beat figuring out which four numbers that is and in what order? :confused:
8 is a very lucky number 4 is a very unlucky (it sounds like the word for death) in China and japan, many buildings don't even have a 4th floor if there are more than 4 floors.

I will not take a bath, I have to take a shower. Everything washes away down the drain with a shower. In a tub it all just…sits there…

I'm like that too. The few times I've taken a bath instead of a shower, I've had to scrub the tub first. I don't want any soapy residue on the tub coming off into the water while I'm sitting in it. Eww! :crazy2:

Weight could play a part in it. ‘His’ silverware is cheaper and not as heavy as the regular stuff.

A few months ago I found some everyday silverware that I LOVED. I would like to replace our current silverware since it was a gift from my first wedding. It was from my nana, that’s why I still use it. But, after reading the reviews online, I kept seeing that that silverware was pretty lightweight so I took it off my maybe list.

I found some drinking glasses on amazon that I LOVED. Like, I was obsessed with them. The reviews said they weren’t as heavy as they were hoping for but I still had them on Christmas wish lists. I mentioned it in a thread around Christmas and a secret friend bought them for me!!!
I still love them and they were heavier than expected.
It's amazing what a tiny little giving it forward can do for someone. I'm sure that person is very happy to know that they've brought you a bit of happiness. :)

Wait, we're supposed to pay attention to the volume numbers? :eek: :lmao:

We can’t just go listening to things all willy nilly..

Some of these things are bordering on being OCD, not just weird.

Alot of them are. Lol

Have you actually read the clinical definition of OCD? None of these things come close.

And, even if they are, who cares? We’re having a good time on a fluff thread on a Friday afternoon.

It’s a lot, btw. You can’t have alittle of something, so you can’t have alot, either.

We can’t just go listening to things all willy nilly..

Have you actually read the clinical definition of OCD? None of these things come close.

And, even if they are, who cares? We’re having a good time on a fluff thread on a Friday afternoon.
Yeah, OCD is not part of what has been described here. At least not clinical OCD. Not even close.

I have to eat an even number of things and sometimes of the same color. Like m&m's. If I have a handful I need an even number total and an even number of the same color. I eat them one at a time, by color. One for the left side of the mouth and one for the right.

I separate my trail mix so I get a little of everything in every bite.

I eat popcorn one kernel at a time.

Cash. If I have cash that needs to be deposited, say $60 and I need to get $100 out. I have to deposit the 60 then get the 100, rather than just keeping the 60 and taking out another 40. Used to drive my husband absolutely nuts! But, this is the way it's written in the check register and this is the way it needs to happen in my head.

Bed covers, it really annoys me if I have too many covers. Like they need to be evenly over the edge of the bed. I can't have mine touching the floor and his barely hanging over.

I have to make sure my hair straightener is unplugged like 100 times. Sometimes I even take a picture so when I worry it's plugged in I can look at the picture. Sometimes I will make my kids get out of the car while we are in the driveway leaving to go check it. Yikes!

Wow, I'm crazy!

I love this thread by the way.

Last edited:
My cousin lives in a house on Lady Diana Circle. Yes, that Diana. There are also a few similarly named streets in her neighborhood, like Prince Andrew Drive and Princess Anne Court.
In our city the residential streets all have names; names that relate to the name of the subdivision. One of the neighbourhoods my company builds in is called Redstone. One of the streets in in is called Red Sky Green (cringe). :sad2: You can't make this stuff up.

Eeeeek!!!! :scared1:

I have to eat an even number of things and sometimes of the same color. Like m&m's. If I have a handful I need an even number total and an even number of the same color. I eat them one at a time, by color. One for the left side of the mouth and one for the right.

I separate my trail mix so I get a little of everything in every bite.

I eat popcorn one kernel at a time.

Cash. If I have cash that needs to be deposited, say $60 and I need to get $100 out. I have to deposit the 60 then get the 100, rather than just keeping the 60 and taking out another 40. Used to drive my husband absolutely nuts! But, this is the way it's written in the check register and this is the way it needs to happen in my head.

Bed covers, it really annoys me if I have too many covers. Like they need to be evenly over the edge of the bed. I can't have mine touching the floor and his barely hanging over.

I have to make sure my hair straightener is unplugged like 100 times. Sometimes I even take a picture so when I worry it's plugged in I can look at the picture. Sometimes I will make my kids get out of the car while we are in the driveway leaving to go check it. Yikes!

Wow, I'm crazy!

I love this thread by the way.
You need to get a Smart Plug so you can look at the app on your phone and be able to turn it off from the phone. I have an app for my garage door that’s saved me from turning around and making sure it’s closed a time or two.

n
I wouldn’t be able to do that. Everything has to be even, including the tv volume.

I notice those things too. It definitely has to do with the way I was brought up. It drives me crazy when a knife is pointing the wrong way at a place setting.

It’s funny how so many of these have to do with kitchen related things.

Another one that I notice all the time is how people hold their forks. I was brought up to cut food with fork in left hand tines down, knife in right hand, and then put down the knife, switch the fork to your right hand, face tines up, and then eat. There’s also a proper way to hold your fork when putting the food in your mouth.

It sounds like so much but it’s easy if it’s drilled into your head. I cringe SO hard when I see people cut meat and they’re holding their fork with thumb on one side and all the other fingers on the other side. It just looks so wrong.

I don’t care how anyone else does it, whatever works for you is fine by me, but it’s something that I watch for..even on tv and in movies LOL

I change mine depending on where I am. European and American normatives are different.

Honestly, I’m just weird. I live in the south and do a lot or truly southern things, but I’m also a city girl who has lived/been all over. Iconoclast French.

Dh pointed my weirdness out to me while I was arranging some things on my bookshelves. I have lots of pictures of my kids and grandkids. And they have to be displayed evenly. If a picture of one kid is on a shelf, the other two have to ah e one there too. Same with the grandkids. I can’t have just one picture of one kid.

The only pictures that are on a shelf or table alone are pictures of all theee kids or all three grandkids.

I change mine depending on where I am. European and American normatives are different.

Honestly, I’m just weird. I live in the south and do a lot or truly southern things, but I’m also a city girl who has lived/been all over. Iconoclast French.

:snooty:

:duck:

:flower3:

Dh pointed my weirdness out to me while I was arranging some things on my bookshelves. I have lots of pictures of my kids and grandkids. And they have to be displayed evenly. If a picture of one kid is on a shelf, the other two have to ah e one there too. Same with the grandkids. I can’t have just one picture of one kid.

The only pictures that are on a shelf or table alone are pictures of all theee kids or all three grandkids.
I do a version of this too. Not by shelf but there’s an even amount of photos out for each kid. If there’s a photo of older DD out at age two then there’s one out of the other two at age two. I put photos of my nieces and nephews up as I receive them but the group photo has to have everyone in it. If they’re not all there then it doesn’t go up. (which means that one is a few years old now). I do this because it drives me crazy that we diligently send the grandmas photos but they only put up their favored kid(s). They think the kids don’t notice but they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter