What’s something you’re weird about..

I have to use my camping spoons for ice cream and yogurt. They are heavy duty Acetel or something, and they don't leave a funny aftertaste. I also take big spoonfuls and slowly eat it off the spoon, instead of taking little spoonfuls I can eat at once. That drives my husband nuts.

I like to use my Tervis cup for tea or coffee, and my Tervis glass for everything else. I can't put coffee in the glass because coffee needs a handle. LOL

I prefer ice. Lots of it. I can make a can of soda last for 3 glasses, because of the amount of ice I put in the glass.

If I'm watching Hulu, I have to do it on my computer. The commercials are too loud on the tv and I hate trying to control the volume multiple times.

I sleep on the same side of the bed, no matter where we are or even if I'm alone in bed.

I have battled OCD for years. I'm down to having to wash my hands twice after I clean dishes or the bathroom, but I still wash 3 times after changing the cat litter or handling raw meat (especially chicken and pork). For a long time, it was washing 5 times every time. I have washed my hands raw more than once. (and by wash, it's get wet, add soap, scrub for 2 minutes up to mid arm and under nails, rinse well; then rewash.)

When I set my mind on something, I follow through. I haven't bought a Samsung product in over 10 years, because I had a tv and they battled fixing it, while it was under warranty, and it was a known issue too. I haven't had a Chevy in over 10 years, for similar reasons; I had an Equinox that had problems, under warranty and they fought the warranty.

I'm a weirdo, oh yes, let me count the ways, like for example I'd rather stay grungy than take a shower. :sad2: I don't know why - I just detest showers. I'm a nightly bubble-bather; any hotel I book has to have a tub which is getting tougher with a lot of nicer places tricking out the bathrooms with 5' showers. I've actually walked out of a hotel we've reserved when they couldn't give me a room with a tub. The only exception I have no choice but to make is showering when we're on a cruise. Up to now we've not had the budget for a suite, and lower-category cabins don't have tubs. :sad1:

It will be nice if DCL had some rooms that didn’t have tubs.

I never eat the end slices of bread. I know it’s wasteful, but I throw them out.

I have to sleep in total darkness and the bedroom door has to be closed.

Before I go away on vacation, I do all the house cleaning and laundry, so everything is in order when I come home.

I won't eat at a booth in a restaurant. They gross me out so much... :crazy2: Upholstered booths are the absolute worst, esp if there is a break in between the back and bottom cushion. Just thinking about it makes me feel nauseous. I can tolerate a solid wood booth a tad better, if I can sit on the end and practically hang out the edge. I've yet to meet someone who feels strongly about booths (anyone out there?) but friends/family seem to not mind accommodating my weird issue.

I'm fairly picky about tables, anyways, so DH always stands off to the side while I scope out which table meets my standards :teeth: This is also why we rarely eat CS at Disney - the tables are often so gross and I can't stomach it.

(I'm also that person who uses a napkin to pick up any condiments on the table, but that doesn't seem to be as odd as my aversion to booths)

I never eat the end slices of bread. I know it’s wasteful, but I throw them out.

I have to sleep in total darkness and the bedroom door has to be closed.

Before I go away on vacation, I do all the house cleaning and laundry, so everything is in order when I come home.
:confused3 Does anybody routinely sleep with their bedroom door open? With the rare exception of maybe having to listen for a little one, who wouldn't want the door closed?

I could never live in a house that has a window on any of the outside doors. I HAVE to have a solid door. Well actually, our front door has three small windows on the top of the door and that's ok. I have a fear of someone breaking the window on a door and then reaching in to unlock the door and walk in.

I know that someone could break a window and get in, but that doesn't seem to worry me. I just need to have a solid door where people can't look in or break the glass to get in!

but I still wash 3 times after changing the cat litter or handling raw meat (especially chicken and pork). For a long time, it was washing 5 times every time. I have washed my hands raw more than once. (and by wash, it's get wet, add soap, scrub for 2 minutes up to mid arm and under nails, rinse well; then rewash.)

:hug: Get some disposable vinyl food handling gloves. Make sure they have no powder in them, otherwise you'd be endlessly washing that off your hands. These may help you cut down washing your hands as much. One or two less times would even help.

I had a bunch of these left over from when I used to do catering. One time, when I had to clean up some icky, gunky stuff, I remembered I had these gloves. :idea: Even though I was using disposable paper towels to sop up most of the ick, the gloves made cleaning up so much easier as I wasn't touching all the ick. :thumbsup2 Now, I use these gloves a LOT. Not just for food.

I also use the gloves when I have to handle meat, like when mixing meatloaf together, and the meat might get underneath my fingernails. If I'm just forming hamburgers or meatballs, I'll put the amount I need into a plastic sandwich bag and form them. I mentioned that on the Turkey Burger thread. :)

You can pick up disposable gloves at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Disposable-Vinyl-Gloves-Latex-Free-100-Count/599047883

:confused3 Does anybody routinely sleep with their bedroom door open? With the rare exception of maybe having to listen for a little one, who wouldn't want the door closed?

I would never, never sleep in a room with a closed door. At home we slept with a closed door but now it freaks me out too much. If you have to get up in the middle of the night how would you know what was on the other side? You’d assume there was nothing on the other side, but you wouldn’t know for sure.

I could never live in a house that has a window on any of the outside doors. I HAVE to have a solid door. Well actually, our front door has three small windows on the top of the door and that's ok. I have a fear of someone breaking the window on a door and then reaching in to unlock the door and walk in.

There is actually nothing weird about this one. It's actually smart & sensible. Growing up, we had a neighbor, in which the side door that goes to the garage, had a window in the door. A thief did exactly what you had said: broke the window in the side door, reached in and unlocked the door from the inside. There was minimal broken glass sound that neighbors might hear, as they were inside the garage. When the police arrived, they said that's one of the most popular & easiest ways for thieves to get in. The problem is, most people don't know about this or even think about it, until AFTER they've been robbed and the police then point out all the way access ways thieves can get into most houses. :sad2:

:hug: Get some disposable vinyl food handling gloves. Make sure they have no powder in them, otherwise you'd be endlessly washing that off your hands. These may help you cut down washing your hands as much. One or two less times would even help.

I had a bunch of these left over from when I used to do catering. One time, when I had to clean up some icky, gunky stuff, I remembered I had these gloves. :idea: Even though I was using disposable paper towels to sop up most of the ick, the gloves made cleaning up so much easier as I wasn't touching all the ick. :thumbsup2 Now, I use these gloves a LOT. Not just for food.

I also use the gloves when I have to handle meat, like when mixing meatloaf together, and the meat might get underneath my fingernails. If I'm just forming hamburgers or meatballs, I'll put the amount I need into a plastic sandwich bag and form them. I mentioned that on the Turkey Burger thread. :)

You can pick up disposable gloves at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Disposable-Vinyl-Gloves-Latex-Free-100-Count/599047883

Nope, don't work for me. I've used these working at various restaurants, and I still have to wash after removing. I'm not washing anything off, but I still have to wash. But thanks, though. I appreciate the effort. :)

I've found a couple of particular soaps that work well for me, lowering breakouts of my psoriasis. Grove Collaborative foaming soaps, Free & Clear or Lemon Eucalyptus & Mint. I like the Pomegrante gel, but if I wash repeatedly with it, it stings.

Eight is considered lucky in China and some other Asian cultures. In Mandarin Chinese the pronunciation for"eight" is similar to that for "wealth." Four is unlucky because it sounds like "death."

No, each digit in a phone number is always pronounced individually. 302 497-1978 is said three-oh-two, four-nine-seven, one-nine-seven-eight. 302 497-3000 would be xxx-xxx-three-oh-oh-oh. NOT three thousand. Same with US zip codes, each number said individually. 19702 One-nine-seven-oh-two. (Those Canadian postal codes are a nightmare. :crazy2:)

Same with US social security numbers, each digit individually. My mother drove me crazy when she said her SS# was xxx-ten-xxxx

For house numbers, however, there are different rules. Groups of two, with a few exceptions.
1548 Fifteen-forty eight.
1002 Ten-oh-two.
1000 Ten-oh-oh or One thousand
32819 Three-twenty eight-nineteen.
114 One-fourteen
10024 One hundred-twenty four

All the "oh" pronunciations would drive me crazy lol. I have to say the number 0 as "zero". Three-oh-two would not work for me, I would have to refer to it as Three-zero-two. "oh" is the letter, "zero" is the number.

On my dinner plate, I can't eat a little of this and a little of that - I have to complete one thing at a time. So I have to eat all my peas, then all my potatoes, then the meat, or whatever. My mother told me I would grow out of that, but, nope lol.

I also feel sorry for inanimate objects. My son does as well, and blames my DNA for this.

Idk, maybe it’s not weird but I know people who like it open. A family member told me it’s better for the heat and AC to circulate evenly throughout the house. On the other hand, you’re supposed to be safer with the door closed if there’s a fire.

My reason is only because I feel secure with it closed. I have sort of the opposite of claustrophobia in that I like being closed in. Sometimes DH will come to bed after me and leave the door open (he doesn’t care either way), and if I’m awake, I have to get up and close it because it will drive me crazy.

I would never, never sleep in a room with a closed door. At home we slept with a closed door but now it freaks me out too much. If you have to get up in the middle of the night how would you know what was on the other side? You’d assume there was nothing on the other side, but you wouldn’t know for sure.
:confused: Why on earth would you think there would be anything on the other side? Unless of course it was there when you went to bed. I guess I just don't have an active enough imagination to be afraid of that kind of thing. :flower3:

Idk, maybe it’s not weird but I know people who like it open. A family member told me it’s better for the heat and AC to circulate evenly throughout the house. On the other hand, you’re supposed to be safer with the door closed if there’s a fire.

My reason is only because I feel secure with it closed. I have sort of the opposite of claustrophobia in that I like being closed in. Sometimes DH will come to bed after me and leave the door open (he doesn’t care either way), and if I’m awake, I have to get up and close it because it will drive me crazy.
::yes:: Totally! Quite, private enclaves are my happy places!

I just thought of something else... I have to sit facing out at a restaurant... I can’t have my back to the room. My family thinks I’m crazy, but just goes with it. They know I need to scope out my seat first. DH swears I was a mobster in a previous life.

Nope, don't work for me. I've used these working at various restaurants, and I still have to wash after removing. I'm not washing anything off, but I still have to wash. But thanks, though. I appreciate the effort. :)

I've found a couple of particular soaps that work well for me, lowering breakouts of my psoriasis. Grove Collaborative foaming soaps, Free & Clear or Lemon Eucalyptus & Mint. I like the Pomegrante gel, but if I wash repeatedly with it, it stings.

I'm not saying you wouldn't have to wash at all after you take off the gloves. Just maybe tricking your brain into thinking you'd have to wash one or two times LESS. Yet, definitely do what works for you. :)

There is actually nothing weird about this one. It's actually smart & sensible. Growing up, we had a neighbor, in which the side door that goes to the garage, had a window in the door. A thief did exactly what you had said: broke the window in the side door, reached in and unlocked the door from the inside. There was minimal broken glass sound that neighbors might hear, as they were inside the garage. When the police arrived, they said that's one of the most popular & easiest ways for thieves to get in. The problem is, most people don't know about this or even think about it, until AFTER they've been robbed and the police then point out all the way access ways thieves can get into most houses. :sad2:

See, I agree with everything you have said! But, everyone I know has a window in their door (except friends who live in apartments) and think nothing of it. When I say, that I need a solid door they laugh and think I am crazy!!

I have friends/family that don't look their doors either and just the thought of not locking my door freaks me out!! There is no way!

WAY too much white on mobile. It is very difficult to read on the mobile version with very little contrast.
:confused: Why on earth would you think there would be anything on the other side? Unless of course it was there when you went to bed. I guess I just don't have an active enough imagination to be afraid of that kind of thing. :flower3:

I’m not saying there would be, I’m saying there cooould be. Why is it better to have the door closed? I get you want it closed if you’re getting freaky, but besides that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter