What’s something you’re weird about..

Like I said in my other post, I think not being very imaginative spares me from a lot of anxiety. :rotfl2:

It could also be because of my night blindness too. I just don’t want to open a door to a dark hallway when I can’t see a thing. We could use a nightlight but they are mostly lcd and that hurts my eyes so bad. So, open door, nothing I can trip over in the hallway, and we’re good.

:confused3 Does anybody routinely sleep with their bedroom door open? With the rare exception of maybe having to listen for a little one, who wouldn't want the door closed?

The only time I sleep with my bedroom door closed is on vacation. I grew up in a house where they were always left ajar (I guess so my parents could hear us?) and now I have two cats who, as @RedAngie said, would not be happy if it was latched!

I just thought of something else... I have to sit facing out at a restaurant... I can’t have my back to the room. My family thinks I’m crazy, but just goes with it. They know I need to scope out my seat first. DH swears I was a mobster in a previous life.

This is my DH as well. He must be able to see the door.

I will not use gas pump #13, furthermore I will not put 13 gallons of gas in a car, or $13 dollars worth. I will not check out through checkout aisle #13. I will not have the volume at 13 on any device. I will not go to bed, get up, or leave the house on any time of day that ends w/13. (yes there seems to be a theme here)

I also count how many swipes I make with deodorant.

Also after every shower when I turn the shower off the excess water that runs out the bathtub spout for that brief moment, I have to stick each foot under that stream of water (one at a time). If for some reason I fail to do this, I will turn the shower back on, turn it back off and do it before I get out.

Wait, people put pots and pans in the fridge?! But - why?? :magnify:
Yes, ive done this. Sheer laziness to be honest. Dont wanna wash the pot at the moment.

I never eat the end slices of bread. I know it’s wasteful, but I throw them out.

I have to sleep in total darkness and the bedroom door has to be closed.

Before I go away on vacation, I do all the house cleaning and laundry, so everything is in order when I come home.
Same for me too! I never eat the end slices of the bread, ever. I throw them away too. Also, i have to sleep in total darkness with the door closed. Otherwise, i hear everything and thats really annoying. And ditto on the cleaning/laundry when i go away. :)

I will not use gas pump #13, furthermore I will not put 13 gallons of gas in a car, or $13 dollars worth. I will not check out through checkout aisle #13. I will not have the volume at 13 on any device. I will not go to bed, get up, or leave the house on any time of day that ends w/13. (yes there seems to be a theme here)

I also count how many swipes I make with deodorant.

Also after every shower when I turn the shower off the excess water that runs out the bathtub spout for that brief moment, I have to stick each foot under that stream of water (one at a time). If for some reason I fail to do this, I will turn the shower back on, turn it back off and do it before I get out.
Thats funny. we're complete opposite. I consider 13 my lucky number. :)

I’m not saying there would be, I’m saying there cooould be. Why is it better to have the door closed? I get you want it closed if you’re getting freaky, but besides that?
How about noise?? Family members cranking up the tv too loud in the living room while im trying to sleep? My son listening to youtube too loud in his room? If i left my door open, i'd never get to sleep!

I've been trying and trying, but I cannot think of one thing I do exclusively, compulsively, or obsessively. The only thing I could come up with is that when working in the lab with multiple samples, I put them in colored tubes arranged in rainbow order, first pastels, then neons, but that's only so I don't have to waste time labeling the tubes. I always know what order they go in. This saves time and reduces error (because some solvents remove marker-labeling), so I don't think that counts as a "quirk." You guys are probably going to think I'm a hot mess!

I thought of something else - I use this particular mechanical pencil at work. I've been using it for over 20 years. I've had to replace it a few times but it's always the same brand/model. I have 2 but it's been a while and they are not working properly but it's been discontinued. I found it one place last year but it was $180 or so. I'm not that insane but there will be a long period of adjustment while I find a new one I like.

Last edited:
Things have to be in the right place. I keep the salt and pepper shakers sitting at an angle next to the stove. My sister just sits them there any old way. I have to go fix them! I also can't handle spots on the faucets. In general, I hate clutter!

I thought of this thread this past weekend when, at a family wedding, we were discussing weird traits we picked up from family members now deceased. We literally were saying, raise your hand if....

One aunt always had a sink full of soapy water, and washed dishes "as she went" vs having a kitchen full at the end. Now my DH knows why I do that! (He would tornado the kitchen, instead.)

Our grandmother had two towels in the kitchen, one for hands, one for dishes, and god forbid you used the wrong towel! I still can't use a "fuzzy" towel on my dishes, or a "flat" towel on my hands!

An uncle always had to park his vehicle facing out at family partys (for a fast get away?). Now, at our family parties, most of the vehicles face out.

So we blame the dead for our learned strange habits!

Terri

No one eats the ends of the bagged, presliced sandwich bread. It would be weird to do so.

Now, a fresh loaf...the ends are the best part! I always claim the ends.
LOL....Same here. I think I can honestly say that my kids have never had the ends of a loaf of french or italian bread.

I’ve always slept with the door partly open.
Better air flow, dog can roam, I can hear intruders and the kids.

Bothers me to have them closed.

I can't sleep with the door open ever. When I was 9, we had a house fire in the wee hours of the morning. Ever since then I have had to sleep with the door closed. Add to that the fact that my husband is a night owl and our 13 year old is a really early riser and I *really* can't sleep with the door open!

Same with US zip codes, each number said individually. 19702 One-nine-seven-oh-two. (Those Canadian postal codes are a nightmare. :crazy2:)

How is it a nightmare? You say the postal code "letter" "number" "letter" "number" "letter" "number" So, you just say each one individually such as K2Z 1J4:

"Kay Two Zed One Jay Four"

Or if you are someone like me who has an ex-Navy husband:
Kilo Two Zulu One Juliet Four

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter